• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comicon March 13-14, 2010 Seattle, WA

102 posts in this topic

Looks like it'll be a great time this year! I believe we had about 20 or so at the "forum dinner" last year. By the way things are shaping up, we might be able to get 30 in!

The camaraderie is always the highlight of shows for me. I don't really get to talk or hang out with "comic pals" in daily life, so the shows and events are always something to look forward to. I had a great time last year and am looking forward to seeing some familiar faces this year.

So who's all heading down from the Great White North?

It unfortunaley looks like my wife and I won't be able to go this year due to saving to move to Phoenix, AZ. Will be looking to get some books signed though, so time to start finding a witness and books to send.

Aw, come on John! We'll miss you at our forum dinner...and you know that's really why you go to these functions.

Last time we went to the Cheescake Factory across from the convention center. Other than the wait, it was great.

This year I'm going to try to get us a private dining area at the Daily Grill which is right across the street from the convention center. I hope this way we don't have to wait. I haven't made the arrangements yet, but I will in the next week or so.

well, might swing a day pass, if I can get enough vacation to take off saturday and sunday. if I can't sunday off then forum dinner is out since I work at 6 am the next day with a 3 hour drive. Also depends on the tax return amount, if we have enough to get out of town after savings, then we will come.

Sounds like a good show for signatures and guests.

Any idea what this show is like for GA and SA books?

There's an assortment of GA and SA books by most of the big dealers - Harley Yee, Graham Cracker, Bob Storm, etc. Most of the more local dealers have low grade GA and mid grade SA and chock-full of moderns...way too many moderns in my opinion. But you do come across some gems here and there.

Sounds like a good show.

Harley, Terry's Comics, Bob Storms (High Grade), 50c - $1 comics. Saw a raw AF 15 fn- last year 2009 sold by an independent collector/dealer.

Sounds like a good show.

Harley, Terry's Comics, Bob Storms (High Grade), 50c - $1 comics. Saw a raw AF 15 fn- last year 2009 sold by an independent collector/dealer.

I might try to make it.

I know that the big Florida show is on the same weekend so I'm trying to decide what to do.

Thanks!

(thumbs u

I am going for sure. All of my wifes family still lives in Renton.

I think it would be cool to be able to id fellow forumites. Any ideas?

Certain color shirts, paper sticker on shirt, etc. LMK

I've never met any of you in person since I haven't been to a show in many years. The very first ECCC was my last show I attended.

We had a forum dinner in NYC last year where everyone wore name tags with their first name on it and their forum ID name. Just a thought.

That's a good idea. Last year we met at the CGC booth at a certain time to briefly get to know each other before we went to dinner. I'll bring some stick on tags that each can use so when we go to dinner we can know who's who.

I will be there. This show gets better every year. Last year was the first with my son and the first my wife attended and they had a blast.

I have at least one Stan book that I want to get signed and I hope to get afew sketch books done. That was one of the highlights of last year's show for me.