• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Type of bags used

21 posts in this topic

Im looking to replace numerous bags in my collections as well as bag my current issues. I was looking at BCW resealable bags. I have been using the regular BCW. Is there any benefits to either one. I know one major draw back is the possible pulls on the cover with the adhesive stripe with resealable bags

just make sure you check out www.hotflips.com for the best in customer service, selection, and price.

Personally, i like the bags you need tape for. the resealable bags are a nightmare to get books out of and back into once the adhesive is used

I personally like the self sealing bags. The adhesive strip is on the bag not the flap so catching or snagging the cover isnt really an issue More of a chance with a piece of tape then the self seal bags IMO

For my own personal collection I use Mylites 2..If your using these for show stock I would use the cheapest bags I could find ..The self stick are just fine IMO

2c

I've tagged a cover with the self stick bags - they are a PITA. No reason to use tape if you're using cheap bags, just tuck the cover inside, and call it good. If you're using M2s, just crease the flap, and call it good.

I'm tired of peeling the tape off my Arex Crooke shipments. :sorry:

I've tagged a cover with the self stick bags - they are a PITA. No reason to use tape if you're using cheap bags, just tuck the cover inside, and call it good. If you're using M2s, just crease the flap, and call it good.

How could you tag a cover with a self stick bag? The adhesive is on the bag ,not the flap (shrug) At least the ones I buy are .maybe some arent.

How could you tag a cover with a self stick bag? The adhesive is on the bag ,not the flap (shrug) At least the ones I buy are .maybe some arent.

Book contact with the back of the bag :sorry:

Book contact with the back of the bag :sorry:

I bought those same bags and hate em. Always forgot there was sticky on the bag and eventually once finds itself stuck to a book.

I'd rather have a small piece of tape I can move off to the side somewhere rather than bags with strips of adhesive across the back that stick to books.

For regular books, a basic bag and board sealed with one piece of tape. Two pieces is overkill.

For better books and GA, I use fullbacks and Mylite2s, sealed with a piece of doublestick tape between the flap and back of the bag.

I never use mylar -- too expensive and bulky for a personal collection. If I was a dealer, though, I'd be all over them.

For regular books, a basic bag and board sealed with one piece of tape. Two pieces is overkill.

For better books and GA, I use fullbacks and Mylite2s, sealed with a piece of doublestick tape between the flap and back of the bag.

I never use mylar -- too expensive and bulky for a personal collection. If I was a dealer, though, I'd be all over them.

Mylite2s are mylar :gossip:

This is not the mylar you are looking for...., :cool:

:acclaim:

Im trying to get better and use less tape. I could always toss em in a manila envelope with no tape :whistle:

:acclaim:

Im trying to get better and use less tape. I could always toss em in a manila envelope with no tape :whistle:

Put them in the manila envelope, then tape them to the cardboard, then put them in a box :makepoint:

How's the season going, coach? :shrug:

This is not the mylar you are looking for...., :cool:

lol

Im looking to replace numerous bags in my collections as well as bag my current issues. I was looking at BCW resealable bags. I have been using the regular BCW. Is there any benefits to either one. I know one major draw back is the possible pulls on the cover with the adhesive stripe with resealable bags

Hi,

We sell all types of bags and boards for your comics. From the Flip-N-Stick TM resealable bags to regular poly bags to EGerber products. We are the only master distributor for EGerber in the country.

Shoot me a PM or email if you have any questions. Oh, and again, thanks for the kind words,

Jeff