• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just saw GI JOE on DVD...

52 posts in this topic

I bet all the fanboys where flipping out after this movie lol

I went into watching this movie with no expectations and I give it like 4 out of 5. I really didn't like the accelerator suits but other then that I liked the rest and the new plot line / story they made.

I liked it. No expectation going in and I liked all the action. I liked the A-Suits, but it reminded me what HALO the movie could have been. I did not like Duke's sidekick, to corny. I wish they made him serious. I look forward to the sequel.

Maybe they wil have Gi JOE VS Transformers. he he :)

Terrible movie. I am not a movie snob, but there was no heart to this flick. Example, I consider Avatar a worthy time eater, had emotion, brought something to table, and was beautiful. XMen movies all rate better, including the Wolverine one.

GIJoe was , made me sad they wasted such a great franchise.

C'mon, it was better than the Wolverine movie. What a load that was. I wish these comic movies would try to follow the books as they were written. there are enough people that would go to them. rantrant:signofftopic: Star Trek wasn't that great either. I would rather plop down money for another Firefly movie. (thumbs u

Wow, whats with the diss of Star Trek? That one made it into my permanent collection. They nailed Kirk and Spock, the into of Kirk I especially loved, with the youngin gunnin the car towards a cliff, Beastie Boys blasting, so set the tone.

Star Trek was a 9, my list of 10's in the remotely comicbook related includes Iron Man, Firefly, Incredibles, 300.

My 8's are Avatar 3d and Dark Knight, on Imax, home viewing I would take away a point from each as they are specially tailored for the big screen.

GIJoe was almost unwatchable, so its a sub 3 in my book. Surprising to see such varied takes on Joe, as I thought it was universally panned.

Wow, whats with the diss of Star Trek? That one made it into my permanent collection. They nailed Kirk and Spock, the into of Kirk I especially loved, with the youngin gunnin the car towards a cliff, Beastie Boys blasting, so set the tone.

Star Trek was a 9, my list of 10's in the remotely comicbook related includes Iron Man, Firefly, Incredibles, 300.

My 8's are Avatar 3d and Dark Knight, on Imax, home viewing I would take away a point from each as they are specially tailored for the big screen.

GIJoe was almost unwatchable, so its a sub 3 in my book. Surprising to see such varied takes on Joe, as I thought it was universally panned.

Agreed Star Trek was one of the best movies of all-time like Dark Knight while GI Joe was on the level of Daredevil/Affleck or Ghost Rider/Cage. a so so movie. The GI JOE MOVIE movie did so bad at the box office that the Gi Joe Trilogy is in danger of being made now.

Snake Eyes and especially Storm Shadow looked ridiculous in the movie.Star Trek beat it by a mile.

:hi: Happy New Years akaSteve!

I really wanted this GI Joe movie to be on par CGI wise with Transformers. So I was let down....a lot. And I wanted to see more of the vehicles!

Aside from drooling over Sienna Miller and hoping Rachel Nichols fell out of her top I found very little to like about that movie. I hated the casting. Channing Tatum as Duke? Seriously? I'm 32 and Tatum is like what, 18 or something? Duke should have been somebody older, more mature. Not a teeny bopper star.

Aside from drooling over Sienna Miller and hoping Rachel Nichols fell out of her top I found very little to like about that movie. I hated the casting. Channing Tatum as Duke? Seriously? I'm 32 and Tatum is like what, 18 or something? Duke should have been somebody older, more mature. Not a teeny bopper star.

so kurt russell should have played duke? hm

so kurt russell should have played duke? hm

Maybe somebody like Thomas Jane. Jane might be a tad old for the part but he doesn't really look it. He'd have been more believable as Duke for me. Of course the story made more sense with some younger people cast. But then again the story sucked monkey sack.

I am a huge GI Joe fan, but common sense should kick in and everyone should say to yourself.

“I am watching a movie that was based on an 80’s cartoon.”

Basically it’s not going to be an Oscar movie here people.

If they just make Cobra Commander look a little better which I am sure they will the next one will be better.

I actually liked GI Joe 10x better than Transformers 2.

The GI JOE MOVIE movie did so bad at the box office that the Gi Joe Trilogy is in danger of being made now

Not sure how true this is...

It made $150M domestically...another $150 worldwide and 40M in DVD sales.

The question is whether we will see only a sequel or a triolgy...

:eyeroll:

:hi: Happy New Years akaSteve!

I really wanted this GI Joe movie to be on par CGI wise with Transformers. So I was let down....a lot. And I wanted to see more of the vehicles!

RODNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year bro! I couldn't make it past the first 30 min of Transformers 2. I will get to it someday. Im glad I rent movies like T2 and GIJoe for $1.