• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thank You All...

267 posts in this topic

which bullies are we talking about?

I assume the same ones that sent an obscenity laced email. I haven't seen the email or personally seen the bullying in question so I could be wrong.

(thumbs u

I knew Sal would know I was not referring to him...or he would if he read his PMs;)

Happy New Year:)

I assumed it was about the Mound City seller.

Right from the start when a new member jumped on here talking about "THE FIND OF THE CENTURY" (a few thought it was an employee of the company - nobody proved this), things didn't sound right.

It's a shame all the trickledown that came out of this collection for board members. Even worse when it causes hard feelings amongst them.

:(

Perhaps not surprisingly, it was also within this community that I received the rudest treatment I've ever experienced with a seller. Now, most people won't care or couldn't care less because this member belongs to the "good ol' boys" club around here, but this seller acted in the most disrespective manner I've ever seen

I don't know if you collect back issues (SA/BA), so I'm assuming you bought Moderns from the boardie. If it was anything but Moderns (as I don't often buy them), I'd have a few guesses as to who the culprit was. So who was it? :devil:

Angelo

Even this newbie might have a few guesses....

:sorry:

Gav, you were not the only person who had not made a purchase who posted after seeing that email response. I was shocked at the email and more shocked at his continuous response to the people who are members of the board.

We ARE a community, despite what Mound CIty thinks...take a week or two off, mourn for your loss, and come back and hang out, you are a good guy

Don't let the bullies get you down.

Gav - a break is better than a good bye. Do what you need to do to deal with the more important matters impacting on your life and come back when ready. (thumbs u

PS - how else am I going to continue to win your $5 from the premier league predictions.

One other thing to consider in this mess, Mound City claimed it would make refunds to all board members that contacted them, as I asked in an earlier thread, think of all the other customers who purchased on line not members of the CGC board who are out the $$$ because they are not on here doh!

WEBHEAD

which bullies are we talking about?

I assume the same ones that sent an obscenity laced email. I haven't seen the email or personally seen the bullying in question so I could be wrong.

(thumbs u

I knew Sal would know I was not referring to him...or he would if he read his PMs;)

Happy New Year:)

I assumed it was about the Mound City seller.

Right from the start when a new member jumped on here talking about "THE FIND OF THE CENTURY" (a few thought it was an employee of the company - nobody proved this), things didn't sound right.

It's a shame all the trickledown that came out of this collection for board members. Even worse when it causes hard feelings amongst them.

:(

That definitely wasn't an employee or owner of MC, he/she denied it and so did MC. :eyeroll:

That definitely wasn't an employee or owner of MC, he/she denied it and so did MC. :eyeroll:

Like I said, nobody ever proved anything.

True, but 14 of K.E. Runkle 25 posts were in that Mound City thread, but as there is no proof I would like to thank K.E. Runkle for taking time out of his busy life to start that thread.

Like I said, nobody ever proved anything.

True, but 14 of K.E. Runkle 25 posts were in that Mound City thread, but as there is no proof I would like to thank K.E. Runkle for taking time out of his busy life to start that thread.

:roflmao:

He's dedicated to his comic store owner.

:applause:

My understanding of the facts (which could be wrong in which case I'll apologize up front, since I haven't followed the thread all that closely in recent weeks myself) are that:

1) Mound City required anyone who wanted to bid on their auction to provide a credit card # on file with the promise that the card would never be charged without authorization.

2) This credit card information was passed along to a third party without permission, who then charged obscene amounts for shipping without the authorization of the cardholders

3) Although Mound City's initial response was to tell everyone they had to take up their complaints with the shipping company, they later offered everyone a full refund.

4) After about a month had gone by with no refunds for most people, a few board members started asking about the refunds in the thread. At least one board member in particular received a very nasty (and in my opinion uncalled for) E-mail from Mound City.

5) That board member still has not received an apology OR a refund.

The first few points, if thats where it stopped, I think would be forgivable. But the E-mail Rob Classic sent to Etanick was completely inexcusable. The fact that Nick has been banned from future auctions (AND not refunded) even moreso.

It seemed to me that Boozad was just sticking up for a fellow board member that honestly has really been done wrong by Mound City up to this point..

I have stayed quiet on all this MC crapola, I can't now.

If any one of the these 5 points is true,how the H E L L does a business operate like this.This might work for any of their other auction customers but we in the comic book buying/selling business are just a little bit smarter and wouldn't put up with this from any other seller so why now.

Oh I know they had some really good books.

Oh ya Satan just called offering some really good books and I told him to go FACK himself.

i thought it was shown that Mr. Runkle is a professor at some university in the midwest or something...

Didn't know about that. Where did the info come from? (shrug)

i thought it was shown that Mr. Runkle is a professor at some university in the midwest or something...

I searched and cannot find any results like that yet, but it may have been in a removed thread somewhere.

Last time R.E. Runkle posted anything was 08/31/09 03:44 PM, and the majority of the 25 posts were about the Mound City Collection.

What that means, I don't know. I turned in my Columbo coat a long time ago.

(shrug)

The Case of the Missing Runkle.

columbo-11.jpg

Well that's not the community I found this place to be, and so I can't be any further part of it. It makes the probation list and Hall of Shame a joke. Yet the people who champion those threads will defend Mound City. Roy had dinner with them, so they must be all good.

I have this post screaming at me for the past day.

I feel I need to reply. Not because I want it to be about me, but because it seems that on the internet, sometimes things can be misinterpreted.

Mound City are good people. They are honest and hardworking. I happily and genuinely vouched for them a while back because I trust them.

I enjoyed their companionship when they took a stranger as a friend and the opportunity to get to know them on a personal level which many of you did not.

Having said that even though I consider them friends, on a professional level they dropped the ball several times. The internet bidding, the shipping and there is just no excuse for an email like the one that was written.

Everybody can and will make their own personal decisions on what they take from all of this and hopefully move forward in a better way.

I may have disagreed with you about the placement of the MCA thread, but that didn't mean that I didn't have the utmost respect for you, Gav.

, Gav, there are people on here that can't stand me and I often don't have a clue why. One person sitting next to me thinks I'm the best thing since sliced bread (I don't know why I deserve her) and someone else on the other end of a computer thinks I'm a dink and need a target on my forehead.

I chalk it up to this: some of us are just not fully aware of the implications of communicating over the internet. It's just so different than real life.

In my experience, by far the majority of the people here are family loving, hard working, honest comic book collecting people that get over zealous about something over the internet and it becomes personal. Even the ones that are dinks on the internet have families and friends that love them. I believe it's a shame that some incident, misunderstanding or a difference of opinion can actually divide people.

Any how, hope you stay.

:foryou:

I searched and cannot find any results like that yet, but it may have been in a removed thread somewhere.

Last time R.E. Runkle posted anything was 08/31/09 03:44 PM, and the majority of the 25 posts were about the Mound City Collection.

What that means, I don't know. I turned in my Columbo coat a long time ago.

(shrug)

The Case of the Missing Runkle.

columbo-11.jpg

Runkle is actually a prof. from a University local to St. Louis. I think he wrote a thesis on Batman and I believe he posted some of his work in the CGC registry.

Rob Classic told me they had no idea who Runkle personally was other than the googled facts.

Speaking of mysteries, I would love it if someone would send me a copy of the offending Email to etanick or at least an accurate summary of the email.

I like to have all the information before deciding with whom to to business. If what has been inferred to is true there is no defense, for anyone who claims to run their business in a professional manner, for that type of behavior.

There are plenty of books and plenty of sellers in the world that no one ever has to deal with someone who would act like this, and that includes several guys that take out full page ads in the OSPG.

So come on, someone let me know the scoop.

Best,

Chris

Runkle is actually a prof. from a University local to St. Louis. I think he wrote a thesis on Batman and I believe he posted some of his work in the CGC registry.

Rob Classic told me they had no idea who Runkle personally was other than the googled facts.

Another case solved!

Roy Columbo - super-detective.

columbo.jpg

I chalk it up to this: some of us are just not fully aware of the implications of communicating over the internet. It's just so different than real life.

Roy I'm 99% sure if they can't communicate over the internet ,they sure as H E L L can't communicate in real life.

Conestoga College offers a really good Human relations / management course and a few people on this board would benefit greatly from taking it.

Speaking of mysteries, I would love it if someone would send me a copy of the offending Email to etanick or at least an accurate summary of the email.

I like to have all the information before deciding with whom to to business. If what has been inferred to is true there is no defense, for anyone who claims to run their business in a professional manner, for that type of behavior.

There are plenty of books and plenty of sellers in the world that no one ever has to deal with someone who would act like this, and that includes several guys that take out full page ads in the OSPG.

So come on, someone let me know the scoop.

Best,

Chris

:devil:

Roy I'm 99% sure if they can't communicate over the internet ,they sure as H E L L can't communicate in real life.

Conestoga College offers a really good Human relations / management course and a few people on this board would benefit greatly from taking it.

I'm first in line.

:hi: