• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thank You All...

267 posts in this topic

i thought it was shown that Mr. Runkle is a professor at some university in the midwest or something...

I searched and cannot find any results like that yet, but it may have been in a removed thread somewhere.

Last time R.E. Runkle posted anything was 08/31/09 03:44 PM, and the majority of the 25 posts were about the Mound City Collection.

What that means, I don't know. I turned in my Columbo coat a long time ago.

(shrug)

The Case of the Missing Runkle.

columbo-11.jpg

Runkle is actually a prof. from a University local to St. Louis. I think he wrote a thesis on Batman and I believe he posted some of his work in the CGC registry.

Rob Classic told me they had no idea who Runkle personally was other than the googled facts.

actually the only information on K Runkle is from CGC itself, there is no Prof Runkle (certainly nothing on google), in one of his CGC journal posts he talks about violence in comics and he states it was for a master's thesis (Do professors only need to complete a masters degree in the US?)

Speaking of mysteries, I would love it if someone would send me a copy of the offending Email to etanick or at least an accurate summary of the email.

I like to have all the information before deciding with whom to to business. If what has been inferred to is true there is no defense, for anyone who claims to run their business in a professional manner, for that type of behavior.

There are plenty of books and plenty of sellers in the world that no one ever has to deal with someone who would act like this, and that includes several guys that take out full page ads in the OSPG.

So come on, someone let me know the scoop.

Best,

Chris

Please send to me as well

Gav, you were not the only person who had not made a purchase who posted after seeing that email response. I was shocked at the email and more shocked at his continuous response to the people who are members of the board.

We ARE a community, despite what Mound CIty thinks...take a week or two off, mourn for your loss, and come back and hang out, you are a good guy

Don't let the bullies get you down.

Sharon sure has a way with words! :applause:

actually the only information on K Runkle is from CGC itself, there is no Prof Runkle (certainly nothing on google), in one of his CGC journal posts he talks about violence in comics and he states it was for a master's thesis (Do professors only need to complete a masters degree in the US?)

Found something on an R.E Runkle when I searched "university St. Louis R.E. Runkle."

DR. R. E. RUNKLE has been a progressive physician of El Reno, Canadian County [Oklahoma], for seven years past, and during most of that period has devoted his professional skill to treatment of diseases of eye, ear, nose and throat.

http://www.usgennet.org/usa/topic/historical/1908ok_2_40.htm

This is the only close match I could find to a Doctor or Professor Runkle.

How would MC know about this guy off-the-cuff, but then not know much about him?

(shrug)

Also did a search on "Professor Runkle Missouri" and nothing comes up recent. Just a dead mathematician from the 1800s and one from the 1970 period.

hm

This is an abstract of a Thesis presented to the Department of Sociology and Anthropology Western Illinois University in partial fulfillment of the Requirements for the Degree Master of Arts by K.E. Runkle December 2003.

Title: A Content Analysis of The Levels of Violence in Batman Comic Books: A Test of Moynihan's Theory of Defining Deviancy Down.

https://www.collectors-society.com/JournalDetail.aspx?JournalEntryID=5170

This is an abstract of a Thesis presented to the Department of Sociology and Anthropology Western Illinois University in partial fulfillment of the Requirements for the Degree Master of Arts by K.E. Runkle December 2003.

Title: A Content Analysis of The Levels of Violence in Batman Comic Books: A Test of Moynihan's Theory of Defining Deviancy Down.

I saw this link before, but no "Professor Runkle" comes up that is living so this is either an associate professor (since 2003/2004?) or not a professor at all.

MC said he is somewhere near St. Louis at a university. I couldn't find anyone living in that area going by this name as a professor.

Speaking of mysteries, I would love it if someone would send me a copy of the offending Email to etanick or at least an accurate summary of the email.

I like to have all the information before deciding with whom to to business. If what has been inferred to is true there is no defense, for anyone who claims to run their business in a professional manner, for that type of behavior.

There are plenty of books and plenty of sellers in the world that no one ever has to deal with someone who would act like this, and that includes several guys that take out full page ads in the OSPG.

Best,

Chris

+1

I would also like someone to pm me this information... :wishluck:

Best,

Chris

+1

Dare I ask but I wouldn't mind seeing this for myself as well (thumbs u

How would MC know about this guy off-the-cuff, but then not know much about him?

(shrug)

The only thing Rob told me was that he did a google search (or internet search, can't remember the exact words) on the name to find out who it was after the thread was started.

I may have skewed some of the facts as my memory is not that sharp on the details so he may or may not be a prof.

That's the extent of it as far as I know.

I saw this link before, but no "Professor Runkle" comes up that is living so this is either an associate professor (since 2003/2004?) or not a professor at all.

MC said he is somewhere near St. Louis at a university. I couldn't find anyone living in that area going by this name as a professor.

If it helps, his first name is Kevin: http://vufind.carli.illinois.edu/vf-col/Record/wiu_819143

Best,

Chris

+1

Trust me, it was a petulant, sanctimonious, expletive-ridden rant. Regardless of the "timing" that has been cited by a member of MC as the reason for the nature of the email, it makes for pretty grim reading.

What I would like to see now, in order to expedite matters and bring things to a close, would be an apology from MC to etanick for this email, along with the refund that is owed to him.

Well that's not the community I found this place to be, and so I can't be any further part of it. It makes the probation list and Hall of Shame a joke. Yet the people who champion those threads will defend Mound City. Roy had dinner with them, so they must be all good.

I have this post screaming at me for the past day.

I feel I need to reply. Not because I want it to be about me, but because it seems that on the internet, sometimes things can be misinterpreted.

Mound City are good people. They are honest and hardworking. I happily and genuinely vouched for them a while back because I trust them.

I enjoyed their companionship when they took a stranger as a friend and the opportunity to get to know them on a personal level which many of you did not.

Having said that even though I consider them friends, on a professional level they dropped the ball several times. The internet bidding, the shipping and there is just no excuse for an email like the one that was written.

Everybody can and will make their own personal decisions on what they take from all of this and hopefully move forward in a better way.

I may have disagreed with you about the placement of the MCA thread, but that didn't mean that I didn't have the utmost respect for you, Gav.

, Gav, there are people on here that can't stand me and I often don't have a clue why. One person sitting next to me thinks I'm the best thing since sliced bread (I don't know why I deserve her) and someone else on the other end of a computer thinks I'm a dink and need a target on my forehead.

I chalk it up to this: some of us are just not fully aware of the implications of communicating over the internet. It's just so different than real life.

In my experience, by far the majority of the people here are family loving, hard working, honest comic book collecting people that get over zealous about something over the internet and it becomes personal. Even the ones that are dinks on the internet have families and friends that love them. I believe it's a shame that some incident, misunderstanding or a difference of opinion can actually divide people.

Any how, hope you stay.

:foryou:

Roy, i have to wonder, how well do you think you know someone when the first time you meet them you are giving them a cool quarter mil.

This may be him:

"Being a graduate student in sociology gave me the research experience I use on a daily basis for my current job. It is a handy tool to be able to conduct research in an efficient and accurate manner. The information I present to members of our association is different but the basic skills I learned as a graduate student helped tremendously." - Kevin Runkle, M.A. '03 (Regulatory Affairs Manager, Illinois Fertilizer and Chemical Association)

Since it took 6 years to get a Masters after his Undergraduate Degree, this person probably is not a professor.

In any case, I'm not sure why this is important. (shrug)

(shrug)

The only thing Rob told me was that he did a google search (or internet search, can't remember the exact words) on the name to find out who it was after the thread was started.

I may have skewed some of the facts as my memory is not that sharp on the details so he may or may not be a prof.

That's the extent of it as far as I know.

No sweat. It's just interesting the things tied to the MC auction.

case-closed-stamp.gif

This may be him:

"Being a graduate student in sociology gave me the research experience I use on a daily basis for my current job. It is a handy tool to be able to conduct research in an efficient and accurate manner. The information I present to members of our association is different but the basic skills I learned as a graduate student helped tremendously." - Kevin Runkle, M.A. '03 (Regulatory Affairs Manager, Illinois Fertilizer and Chemical Association)

Since it took 6 years to get a Masters after his Undergraduate Degree, this person probably is not a professor.

Gotta read between the lines. :insane:

Roy, i have to wonder, how well do you think you know someone when the first time you meet them you are giving them a cool quarter mil.

Not sure exactly what you mean.

A few of us were just saying this MC auction was strange right from the beginning when K.E. Runkle jumped on talking about "The Find of the Century" or something like that.

We were wondering who this was. There is the final clue.

Fertilizer and Chemical Association

Best,

Chris

+1

Trust me, it was a petulant, sanctimonious, expletive-ridden rant. Regardless of the "timing" that has been cited by a member of MC as the reason for the nature of the email, it makes for pretty grim reading.

What I would like to see now, in order to expedite matters and bring things to a close, would be an apology from MC to etanick for this email, along with the refund that is owed to him.

Having read an excert from the e-mail I agree entirely with Goldust here (thumbs u

Not sure exactly what you mean.

Im just saying that given the money involved you may never really know them.