• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thank You All...

267 posts in this topic

Roy, i have to wonder, how well do you think you know someone when the first time you meet them you are giving them a cool quarter mil.

Not sure exactly what you mean.

Sometimes people are a little nicer when you represent a big customer. I.e. not really who they are.

Sadly, I wonder how many people are still "friends" with Borock now that he isn't head of CGC? Many are, but a lot probably don't call as much. So you might have gotten a "true" depiction.

With all this said, the bottom line is, MC did eventually resolve the issue for most people here. We could go on and on, but this seems like we want to continue to rake them over the coals after they resolved the issue. What offended me was the idea that MC recently was on here touting how well they did with the auction. Now that's ridiculous. They did okay, with a terrible job with the shipping. The flip side is, I'm not sure it's fair for us to have thread after thread after thread where we just berate these guys either.

I don't know Boozad but he seems like a likeable guy. I didn't have a dog in the fight c/w the Mound City Collection.

But I am going to put in my two cents anyway. That is what we do here.

The Mound City auction was not handled well. hmmm....Let me change that. The auction was handled okay, but the shipping was astrocious from what I have observed. "They" made decent attempts at rectifying it, but not great attempts.

I just have two final observations.

Boozad will be missed but I believe he will return after he cools off. Heck. There are only about fifty of us routinely here anyway. Don't want to lose anymore than necessary.

Many of you would sell your first born children for certain books, it seems. Are these things THAT important, that you let books come between you and your friends? My my, how we have been on top of the mountain with the Nik benefit auction and then in the valley with several other things lately.

Humans. Bah. Give me some make believe comic book characters who would die for their friends (and strangers even), over the puny human race anyday. Money (and booze) seem to be way to important to many of you. More important than honor, integrity and understanding.

Some of these little comments make me sick.

"see ya"

"bye bye"

etc.

Haven't seen the inevitable "don't let the door hit you on the arse on your way out" yet. But it will show up.

Puny humans. conditionfreak smash!

well said

Ok folks, hopefully I can put this to rest and we can all leave this issue behind.

Rob Classics and Rob Lite both have contacted me and we have cleared the air, buried the hatchet, smoked the peace pipe, and moved on.

Not the best things were said and done but we can't turn back the clock. I appreciated those that felt a need to speak out for me and I have no ill will for those that thought less of me. I have enjoyed this forum from the day I joined and it has not been one day that I haven't check in to see if anything is interesting to read or see. This place is "special" to me and I hope to be here as long as I breath.

My best advice that I can give and I should use sometimes is before you hit the enter key, take a 5 seconds pause, read what you wrote...and you might want to change it or delete it all together. I do this often and sadly the few times I didn't apply it, it became something STUPID and regrettable after.

let this thread fades away.

p.s. I didn't mean this thread, we can still try to talk Gav to come back..i mean let my issue fades away (thumbs u

Roy, i have to wonder, how well do you think you know someone when the first time you meet them you are giving them a cool quarter mil.

Not sure exactly what you mean.

Sometimes people are a little nicer when you represent a big customer. I.e. not really who they are.

That might have been the case but I don't think so. I could be wrong, but I go by my gut and I generally am pretty good at judging character. Not perfect, but enough so that I bank on my gut more so than I do my logic. I play chess the same way. With my gut. I bought my house on a handshake. I did the same with Mound City. It was a symbiotic relationship. I tried to help them as much as they helped me.

They were extremely helpful and nice for two days before a single dollar was spent (meaning that they had no idea what I was buying at the time), and I got to know them personally afterwards...ie. what they believe, what they stand for...that sort of thing.

Anyhow, I'm really glad that Nick and MCA have made up.

:whee:

well said

Ok folks, hopefully I can put this to rest and we can all leave this issue behind.

Rob Classics and Rob Lite both have contacted me and we have cleared the air, buried the hatchet, smoked the peace pipe, and moved on.

Not the best things were said and done but we can't turn back the clock. I appreciated those that felt a need to speak out for me and I have no ill will for those that thought less of me. I have enjoyed this forum from the day I joined and it has not been one day that I haven't check in to see if anything is interesting to read or see. This place is "special" to me and I hope to be here as long as I breath.

My best advice that I can give and I should use sometimes is before you hit the enter key, take a 5 seconds pause, read what you wrote...and you might want to change it or delete it all together. I do this often and sadly the few times I didn't apply it, it became something STUPID and regrettable after.

p.s. I didn't mean this thread, we can still try to talk Gav to come back..i mean let my issue fades away (thumbs u

:golfclap::golfclap:

well said

Bravo etanick - an admirably mature post. Wish I could maintain that level of calm.

Glad it's all sorted. Hopefully Gav'll see this, and get back here (where he belongs - he's not safe anywhere else). Thread over!!

Bravo etanick - an admirably mature post. Wish I could maintain that level of calm.

Glad it's all sorted. Hopefully Gav'll see this, and get back here (where he belongs - he's not safe anywhere else). Thread over!!

Threads not over until Greggy shows up to take it to a Graemlin-infested end. :sumo:

Threads not over until Greggy shows up to take it to a Graemlin-infested end. :sumo:

Well, he's the legend, I'll have to defer to him... lol

Well done Nick, always good to see a resolution tos situations like this, Hopefully Gav can see the light and let things lie while returning to the boards, It won't be quite the same without him (thumbs u

Well that's not the community I found this place to be, and so I can't be any further part of it. It makes the probation list and Hall of Shame a joke. Yet the people who champion those threads will defend Mound City. Roy had dinner with them, so they must be all good.

I have this post screaming at me for the past day.

I feel I need to reply. Not because I want it to be about me, but because it seems that on the internet, sometimes things can be misinterpreted.

Mound City are good people. They are honest and hardworking. I happily and genuinely vouched for them a while back because I trust them.

I enjoyed their companionship when they took a stranger as a friend and the opportunity to get to know them on a personal level which many of you did not.

Having said that even though I consider them friends, on a professional level they dropped the ball several times. The internet bidding, the shipping and there is just no excuse for an email like the one that was written.

Everybody can and will make their own personal decisions on what they take from all of this and hopefully move forward in a better way.

I may have disagreed with you about the placement of the MCA thread, but that didn't mean that I didn't have the utmost respect for you, Gav.

, Gav, there are people on here that can't stand me and I often don't have a clue why. One person sitting next to me thinks I'm the best thing since sliced bread (I don't know why I deserve her) and someone else on the other end of a computer thinks I'm a dink and need a target on my forehead.

I chalk it up to this: some of us are just not fully aware of the implications of communicating over the internet. It's just so different than real life.

In my experience, by far the majority of the people here are family loving, hard working, honest comic book collecting people that get over zealous about something over the internet and it becomes personal. Even the ones that are dinks on the internet have families and friends that love them. I believe it's a shame that some incident, misunderstanding or a difference of opinion can actually divide people.

Any how, hope you stay.

:foryou:

:golfclap:

Well that's not the community I found this place to be, and so I can't be any further part of it. It makes the probation list and Hall of Shame a joke. Yet the people who champion those threads will defend Mound City. Roy had dinner with them, so they must be all good.

, Gav, there are people on here that can't stand me and I often don't have a clue why.

(shrug) Maybe some are still waiting for your conclusion on how 9/11 was an inside job after you have reviewed all the info people provided you weeks ago. :taptaptap:

, Gav, there are people on here that can't stand me and I often don't have a clue why.

(shrug) Maybe some are still waiting for your conclusion on how 9/11 was an inside job after you have reviewed all the info people provided you weeks ago. :taptaptap:

You mean people make things personal over the internet when someone simply holds a minority opinion or viewpoint or, at the very least, choose to not blindly accept everything as gospel?

You're right. It does sound petulant.