• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thank You All...

267 posts in this topic

Bye, Bye...

Let me guess. When you come close to getting into a fight at a bar and the other fellow finally leaves, you strongly yell out afterwards, "Lucky he left or I would have shown him what-for!"

Why don't you go read something other than comics. Something more appropriate.

Actually, the opposite is very true. I'll go at it{whatever IT is} anytime. No on likes to fight.. But I will never, ever back down from a fight either. Be it in printed or physical forms. I'm 6ft.3 and go around 270 - 280 lbs. If I loose so be it. If I win that's all good too...

It's no surprise that I am not saddened by Boozad leaving this message board. We've gone at it a few times on here. But it's his decision, no one else can make it for him... :foryou:

I would be concerned about that since you are in the high to very high risk of developing health problems with a BMI of 34-37.

I've spent over a year on these boards, and I've been glad of every day. I've learned a hell of a lot, and of that I'm extremely grateful to all who've passed on their knowledge.

But I'm a huge stickler for fairness and good customer service. I treat my customers with the utmost respect, as many who've bought from me will attest to. I've refunded when requested, I've split shipping, I've thrown in freebies etc etc...

But never have I emailed buyers with expletives thrown in because they thought they were hard done to. No, I'm not a huge fish in the sea, but I do sell to people. The last batch of sales being the unfortunate circumstance of a death in the family.

I'm not looking for sympathy, this is just how business is handled in my eyes. But the Mound City auction really opened my eyes. When a disgusting email response was posted, the thread got pulled. So obviously, as so many peoples' reactions show, this kind of customer treatment is fair game.

Well that's not the community I found this place to be, and so I can't be any further part of it. It makes the probation list and Hall of Shame a joke. Yet the people who champion those threads will defend Mound City. Roy had dinner with them, so they must be all good.

It looks like I'm in the minority when it comes to customer satisfaction, so I'm going to leave the boards. Don't get me wrong, I'm not tarring everybody with the same brush here, far from it, there are some amazing people around here who I will keep in touch with. But I've a sour taste in my mouth over all of this, so I think it best I leave all concerned to MCA wins and refunds, those who actually got them, and pretend everything is OK in the world.

For those I have ongoing deals with, you have my email address, all will be concluded (thumbs u

One piece of advice I have had to learn myself. Never take this place so seriously that you lose sight of what brought you here in the first place, Comics. While this place lifted the veil on what was a cozy hobby for many, be it learning about robo scams, grading standards not being what we first thought.., pressing etc.. it still has far, far more positive attributes then negative. Unless of course all you choose to look for is the negative, then this place can beat you down in a week.

So take a breather and come back when you feel the urge to post your opinions on an online chat board because most everyone here(except Greggy) has gone through the same ups and downs you are experiencing, it's inevitable.

And I do not care how may typos I make, or improper use of these little ellipses things I constantly use....... :P

I've said it before and I'll say it again...if Satan had a sweet run of books, there'd be Paypal payments flying into hell right now. doh!

True words.

Sad to say but very true, and boardies would be tripping over each other to be first. :sick:

I'm still trying to find out what books he has.

Not sure what Satan has, but the thread with the All-Winners 11 9.2 was quite enlightening.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...if Satan had a sweet run of books, there'd be Paypal payments flying into hell right now. doh!

True words.

Sad to say but very true, and boardies would be tripping over each other to be first. :sick:

How does one go about PM'ing this Satan person?

btw Sze, your MMC 3 is looking mighty nice with all that tape off. :o

:o:applause:

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished work. (worship)

Gav,

I hope at some point you'll reconsider and decide to join the boards again! Please keep in mind that the E-mail full of profanity that Mound City sent to at least one board member was pulled down off the site pretty quick. I'd never want to try to speak for someone else, but its possible that some comments have been made simply because (through no fault of their own) the people making the comments don't have all the information in front of them.

On a personal note I'm sorry to hear you recently lost someone close to you. If I were in that situation and saw someone else using that as an excuse for the way Mound City has treated certain board members my first reaction might be to get upset too. I had actually planned to post something pretty similar to what you wrote in the other thread but just hadn't gotten around to it yet. My guess is there are more people on the boards that agree with you than you think!

Bye, Bye...

Let me guess. When you come close to getting into a fight at a bar and the other fellow finally leaves, you strongly yell out afterwards, "Lucky he left or I would have shown him what-for!"

Why don't you go read something other than comics. Something more appropriate.

Actually, the opposite is very true. I'll go at it{whatever IT is} anytime. No on likes to fight.. But I will never, ever back down from a fight either. Be it in printed or physical forms. I'm 6ft.3 and go around 270 - 280 lbs. If I loose so be it. If I win that's all good too...

It's no surprise that I am not saddened by Boozad leaving this message board. We've gone at it a few times on here. But it's his decision, no one else can make it for him... :foryou:

Seriously, no matter what I think about the Filter incident, don't let your height make you assume that weight is not endangering your heart.

We'll be saying farewell to you soon enough, otherwise.

True words.

I'm still trying to find out what books he has.

Oh he has sweet GA.Action 1 tec 27.All the big keys in HG.Makes MH books look bad.Then you find out they all went throught the hands of Dan Patterson and his wrecking crew at pgx.

Boozad,

I was just reading the mound city thread, and felt you were in the right. I also thought it was a stand up thing, in regards to speaking up for, "etanick".

I actually was going to reply in that thread, but couldn't, as I tried, I discovered it was locked.

I feel that the poster ID, Mound City, saying it's up to the owner was a bit B.S. And for them not to respond or refund Nick doesn't seem right. In regards to banning him, that seems sophomoric to me, very defensive, as the poster ID Mound City tried to ban you as well, hence when they requested you to PM them you contact info.

I do think it's nice they offered refunds, but it looks like it was the many, "complaints" that prodded such actions. I mean they were incompetent to rely on some gun for hire-shipper, to charge crazy prices and pass it on to the buyer. BAsically giving the third party free reign to charge whatever the hell they want with ones billing info. It does seem they learned from it though....although it's up to the buyer to let them know? :sick:

Yes, if it wasn't for folk like you, the corrections might not have been made.

I think you should stay.

I endorse this post. (thumbs u

Although perhaps a little too emotional about it, Gav wasn't wrong to take a stand.

The fact is that Mound City only attempted to put right what was clearly wrong (and there was a lot that was wrong from day 1) in the face of public outcry. That they are only now putting things right is not deserving of the outpouring of gratitude that has been seen. They created this balls-up and should be expected to do what they have now...finally...gotten around to doing. A brief 'thanks' would maybe be more appropriate for the circumstances? (shrug)

As for their treatment of etanick, they have no excuse and their current smart-arse attitude...adopted, I'm sure, because they're 'giving' you all something...is not how I would approach customer service.

again,

:eyeroll:

while it's nice that Boozad felt as though he needed to keep reminding MC how he felt about them and their practise in this whole event, considering he didn't have any stake in the matter kind of made it a bit off-putting to me, which is why i asked him to back off.

at some point, there is a difference between a company that doesn't move as fast as we'd like correcting a problem and a company / person who sets out to defraud. did MC screw up the post-auction process? absolutely. did they take longer than some would like to fix it? perhaps. did they do the right thing at the end of the day? i think so, at least in my case they did.

i see MC as a small, family-owned company that got in way over their head on a significant comic auction. they had an unfortunate response to an e-mail in the face of a personal tragedy. okay.

all this "i can't stay around and participate in a community that allows this sort of behaviour to go on unpunished and so i will take your leave with a FDQ exit on par with anything joe_c has ever tried before" is so melodramatic to me. maybe i'm combining my distaste for public pronouncement of intention to leave here with the MC thread, but hey, none of us is perfect, despite what we'd like the rest of the board to believe

I don't know Boozad or much about him, but if Sal is right in this summary, and I assume he is, then getting all worked up over this is mind boggling. I've followed the MC threads loosely (yes, some of us can actually use this word properly), and it has been a progression much as you describe above.

Boozad apparently hasn't been around very long. Getting insulting, profanity laced, emails, letters, etc from dealers is just part of the comic collecting experience.

You gotta have a bit thicker skin.

In the end, comic collecting is an incredibly fun hobby to participate in. Often times because of the personalities you come into contact with, other times in spite of. All part of the fun.

all this "i can't stay around and participate in a community that allows this sort of behaviour to go on unpunished and so i will take your leave with a FDQ exit on par with anything joe_c has ever tried before" is so melodramatic to me. maybe i'm combining my distaste for public pronouncement of intention to leave here with the MC thread, but hey, none of us is perfect, despite what we'd like the rest of the board to believe

+ 1.

If I refused to deal with every dealer or collector who hasn't screwed up in some form or fashion over the years, I wouldn't have many comics at all. I think the only debate here is whether MCA was guilty of being simply negligent in the way they conducted their very first comic auction or something far worse.

Being one of the people who actually had some coals in the fire on this one, I'm of the believe it was the former. If I can find some forgiveness for them, why can't those of you who had nothing at risk?

Boozad,

I was just reading the mound city thread, and felt you were in the right. I also thought it was a stand up thing, in regards to speaking up for, "etanick".

I actually was going to reply in that thread, but couldn't, as I tried, I discovered it was locked.

I feel that the poster ID, Mound City, saying it's up to the owner was a bit B.S. And for them not to respond or refund Nick doesn't seem right. In regards to banning him, that seems sophomoric to me, very defensive, as the poster ID Mound City tried to ban you as well, hence when they requested you to PM them you contact info.

I do think it's nice they offered refunds, but it looks like it was the many, "complaints" that prodded such actions. I mean they were incompetent to rely on some gun for hire-shipper, to charge crazy prices and pass it on to the buyer. BAsically giving the third party free reign to charge whatever the hell they want with ones billing info. It does seem they learned from it though....although it's up to the buyer to let them know? :sick:

I think you should stay.

Although perhaps a little too emotional about it, Gav wasn't wrong to take a stand.

The fact is that Mound City only attempted to put right what was clearly wrong (and there was a lot that was wrong from day 1) in the face of public outcry. That they are only now putting things right is not deserving of the outpouring of gratitude that has been seen. They created this balls-up and should be expected to do what they have now...finally...gotten around to doing. A brief 'thanks' would maybe be more appropriate for the circumstances? (shrug)

As for their treatment of etanick, they have no excuse and their current smart-arse attitude...adopted, I'm sure, because they're 'giving' you all something...is not how I would approach customer service.

again,

while it's nice that Boozad felt as though he needed to keep reminding MC how he felt about them and their practise in this whole event, considering he didn't have any stake in the matter kind of made it a bit off-putting to me, which is why i asked him to back off.

at some point, there is a difference between a company that doesn't move as fast as we'd like correcting a problem and a company / person who sets out to defraud. did MC screw up the post-auction process? absolutely. did they take longer than some would like to fix it? perhaps. did they do the right thing at the end of the day? i think so, at least in my case they did.

i see MC as a small, family-owned company that got in way over their head on a significant comic auction. they had an unfortunate response to an e-mail in the face of a personal tragedy. okay.

I don't know Boozad or much about him, but if Sal is right in this summary, and I assume he is, then getting all worked up over this is mind boggling. I've followed the MC threads loosely (yes, some of us can actually use this word properly), and it has been a progression much as you describe above.

Boozad apparently hasn't been around very long. Getting insulting, profanity laced, emails, letters, etc from dealers is just part of the comic collecting experience.

In the end, comic collecting is an incredibly fun hobby to participate in. Often times because of the personalities you come into contact with, other times in spite of. All part of the fun.

Bill, you complete me. :cloud9:

If Gav got some nasty e-mails from dealers I don't blame him for being angry and wanting to call it a day here, or anywhere for that matter. I would suggest taking some time off Gav. Punch a pillow if need be.

You'll feel better when you realize this is a small blip in your life.

I had a similar experience with a guy from the U.K. many years ago; even went to the police about that experience.

Boozad,

I think you should stay.

again,