• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thank You All...

267 posts in this topic

I've spent over a year on these boards, and I've been glad of every day. I've learned a hell of a lot, and of that I'm extremely grateful to all who've passed on their knowledge.

But I'm a huge stickler for fairness and good customer service. I treat my customers with the utmost respect, as many who've bought from me will attest to. I've refunded when requested, I've split shipping, I've thrown in freebies etc etc...

But never have I emailed buyers with expletives thrown in because they thought they were hard done to. No, I'm not a huge fish in the sea, but I do sell to people. The last batch of sales being the unfortunate circumstance of a death in the family.

I'm not looking for sympathy, this is just how business is handled in my eyes. But the Mound City auction really opened my eyes. When a disgusting email response was posted, the thread got pulled. So obviously, as so many peoples' reactions show, this kind of customer treatment is fair game.

Well that's not the community I found this place to be, and so I can't be any further part of it. It makes the probation list and Hall of Shame a joke. Yet the people who champion those threads will defend Mound City. Roy had dinner with them, so they must be all good.

It looks like I'm in the minority when it comes to customer satisfaction, so I'm going to leave the boards. Don't get me wrong, I'm not tarring everybody with the same brush here, far from it, there are some amazing people around here who I will keep in touch with. But I've a sour taste in my mouth over all of this, so I think it best I leave all concerned to MCA wins and refunds, those who actually got them, and pretend everything is OK in the world.

For those I have ongoing deals with, you have my email address, all will be concluded (thumbs u

Your call, but if you've enjoyed every day on the boards, learned a lot, and posted 10,000 times in a little over a year, this decision doesn't seem to make much sense. You obviously see the need to make some point here, but frankly your point went way over my head. (shrug)

Wow Gav. I'm really sorry to see you go.

This holiday season, ironically, is tough on a lot of people.

Quite honestly, I thought I was going to lose my mind this year. It makes me extremely depressed. I actually hate this time of year and I can't explain it. It just makes me very sad.

Still, tensions run high for many people and it doesn't bring out the best in many of us.

I really hope you reconsider and stay. Change for the better on these boards is made from the inside out. It's the only way it can happen.

What does not kill us makes us stronger for those around us.

We need good guys like you here.

:(

Yes, please re-consider it would be very sad to lose such a wonderful guy on the boards.

This holiday season, ironically, is tough on a lot of people.

Quite honestly, I thought I was going to lose my mind this year. It makes me extremely depressed. I actually hate this time of year and I can't explain it. It just makes me very sad.

Still, tensions run high for many people and it doesn't bring out the best in many of us.

I really hope you reconsider and stay. Change for the better on these boards is made from the inside out. It's the only way it can happen.

What does not kill us makes us stronger for those around us.

Now I'm depressed. :(

Don't be. I just saw Invictus and I feel like changing the world to make it a better place.

:foryou:

Don't be. I just saw Invictus and I feel like changing the world to make it a better place.

I felt the same thing when I saw Blazing Saddles.

Oh yeah, it's good? That's definitely on my must see list...

Oh yeah, it's good? That's definitely on my must see list...

It showed me how much good can come from one person armed with just a little forgiveness and patience.

It was typical Clint Eastwood...a little slow, but very deep and moving. I liked it.

I've always enjoyed Gav's posts and will miss him. But I really don't understand his farewell post. Is there something I don't understand that had to do with the Mound City auctions?

Gav,

I hope when you have times to cool down, you will rejoin us. I felt bad that something involving me get you so upset. I appreciated your opinions and it is ok for all of us to not agree.

I only have been on this board for 3 months and my biggest high and low of 2009 is this board.

Finding this board was the high of last year. I am having fun with the hobby again after a long hiatus.

The low is also here with all the bickering, sniping, personal attacks, etc..you name it but I am not surprise because we are all human after all.

That being said, the goods outweighed the bad.

I always chuckle when I hear someone complained about somebody else that he or she is too "opinionated"...we are ALL opinionated unless we are BRAIN DEAD.

Wow Gav. I'm really sorry to see you go... We need good guys like you here.

+1

Gav, hope you'll reconsider or at least come back once you've had a break. The good far outweighs the bad on these forums...one only has to remember how everyone pulled together the auctions for Nik's family to realize that this is a special community when all is said and done. Hang in there man.

Ignore my previous post. I found the thread with the references to the other deleted thread, and figured out what the deleted thread was about, and thus, what THIS thread is about.

Now my brain hurts.

Can't we all just get along?

I get it about having concerns with this recent MC auction. But to leave the board and by this action cutting off your ability to help others understand and learn from the experience - that's a shame.

I do hope you change your mind, Gav. You are one that makes it fun being on here.

I've spent over a year on these boards, and I've been glad of every day. I've learned a hell of a lot, and of that I'm extremely grateful to all who've passed on their knowledge.

But I'm a huge stickler for fairness and good customer service. I treat my customers with the utmost respect, as many who've bought from me will attest to. I've refunded when requested, I've split shipping, I've thrown in freebies etc etc...

But never have I emailed buyers with expletives thrown in because they thought they were hard done to. No, I'm not a huge fish in the sea, but I do sell to people. The last batch of sales being the unfortunate circumstance of a death in the family.

I'm not looking for sympathy, this is just how business is handled in my eyes. But the Mound City auction really opened my eyes. When a disgusting email response was posted, the thread got pulled. So obviously, as so many peoples' reactions show, this kind of customer treatment is fair game.

Well that's not the community I found this place to be, and so I can't be any further part of it. It makes the probation list and Hall of Shame a joke. Yet the people who champion those threads will defend Mound City. Roy had dinner with them, so they must be all good.

It looks like I'm in the minority when it comes to customer satisfaction, so I'm going to leave the boards. Don't get me wrong, I'm not tarring everybody with the same brush here, far from it, there are some amazing people around here who I will keep in touch with. But I've a sour taste in my mouth over all of this, so I think it best I leave all concerned to MCA wins and refunds, those who actually got them, and pretend everything is OK in the world.

For those I have ongoing deals with, you have my email address, all will be concluded (thumbs u

If you go to a party and there's one person in the room who doesn't like you or you don't like, do you concentrate on that person or do you enjoy all the other people at the party?

What can I say? Don't go? Well, you can if you like, but doesn't it seem a wee bit over the top.... :shrug:

Hope to see you around soon, truly. (thumbs u

Oh, and if you're going to leave the boards, then lurking is not allowed. :gossip::grin:

Andy