• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How long is a noob a noob?

189 posts in this topic

Just curious...what does it take for you to think a board member is no longer a newbie? Do you look at post count, length on board, or both - and at what point do you cross over from noob to "normal"?

I was reading some of the other more controversial current threads and noted some things that made me think about this - and I'm bored, so sorry in advance if this is a dumb question. Plus I'm a noob and don't know any better ;)

It is a complex mixture of many elements that transform one from n00b to legend.

First, and possibly most important, is a clearly defined stance for or against pressing (REQUIRED). A minimum of three heated battles in a pressing flame war, with clearly distinct individual skirmishes with one or more of the opposing side is required.

It is a complex mixture of many elements that transform one from n00b to legend.

First, and possibly most important, is a clearly defined stance for or against pressing (REQUIRED). A minimum of three heated battles in a pressing flame war, with clearly distinct individual skirmishes with one or more of the opposing side is required.

Excellent answer. Now I know what to do.

You're pretty much a newb until you've been Greggy'd.

If you don't know what that means, then you're still a noob. If you do know what it means, you still cry late at night in the fetal position wishing for morning.

Wait. Can I assume by you're user name that you are a female? If so, you automatically pass noob.

Also be wary of any WTTB threads in your honor.

:insane::jokealert:

And yea, I bought the Christmas special for my boyfriend! Loved it!

Just curious...what does it take for you to think a board member is no longer a newbie? Do you look at post count, length on board, or both - and at what point do you cross over from noob to "normal"?

I was reading some of the other more controversial current threads and noted some things that made me think about this - and I'm bored, so sorry in advance if this is a dumb question. Plus I'm a noob and don't know any better ;)

You seem to have good spelling and grammar. I don't know what you are. :shrug:

BaltimoreLauren - Yes, a female, we've chatted once before ;) I sent you a PM about an Archie book not too terribly long ago, it was about the famous Betty and Me #16 cover.

"Santa, did you F*** my mom?"

OMG, that was so bad. We own it and I bought copies for Christmas presents for my favorite relatives (who love the show), everyone I know who's seen it thought it was awesome.

yeah, seriously, chicks cannot be newbs. the simple maxim is something like "bewbs preclude newbs" or the like, i can't remember on account of being all old and cranky

Welcome to the boards. Hehe

BaltimoreLauren - Yes, a female, we've chatted once before ;) I sent you a PM about an Archie book not too terribly long ago, it was about the famous Betty and Me #16 cover.

OMG, that was so bad. We own it and I bought copies for Christmas presents for my favorite relatives (who love the show), everyone I know who's seen it thought it was awesome.

;) I'm only pulling your chain. But then again I am a tranny, soooooo...

I enjoyed Frank being birthed from a couch. One of the funniest moments ever!

;) I'm only pulling your chain. But then again I am a tranny, soooooo...

I enjoyed Frank being birthed from a couch. One of the funniest moments ever!

I'm glad you remember me b/c there just aren't that many women around here - for a second I thought you had a degenerative brain disease lol

Now I need to watch the Sunny x-mas again. I miss it already.

Sal - Score! I'm in!

szelim - Yeah, I'm a 29 yr old female who collects mostly moderns, so I usually hang out over there.

Gold is where all the eloquent ones hang out. :baiting:

Pffft. Noob.