• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legal Size Scanner thread.
48 48

1,634 posts in this topic

I used to use Photostudio and their "auto enhance" feature. That worked the majority of the time, but my Photostudio license has expired and I haven't used it in a while.

I don't know if anyone else has any other suggestions.

Got an HP 8300 on eBay for $90 and have been playing with it. I find the native settings push the color saturation too high. So I then uploaded them to photobucket and used their editing tools to push down the saturation. Working out so far

Still a little muddled in the logo area so I may push the sharpness a little

x-men1_zps7ac8e740.jpg

amazingspider-man1_zpscc5ff001.jpg

I'm in need of purchasing a scanner here shortly and I see a lot of recommends of the HP 8250 or 8300 in this thread. Is one better than the other or should I just go with the model I can get cheapest? There isn't by chance an affordable scanner/printer combo that can scan CGC slabs without having to marry images together is there?

I'm in need of purchasing a scanner here shortly and I see a lot of recommends of the HP 8250 or 8300 in this thread. Is one better than the other or should I just go with the model I can get cheapest? There isn't by chance an affordable scanner/printer combo that can scan CGC slabs without having to marry images together is there?

The 8250 and 8300 appear to be roughly equivalent in quality. The 8300 is newer, so that's the one I went with.

I'm not aware of any All In One printer/scanners that are legal size and also use CCD scanning technology...

The 8250 and 8300 appear to be roughly equivalent in quality. The 8300 is newer, so that's the one I went with.

I'm not aware of any All In One printer/scanners that are legal size and also use CCD scanning technology...

My work scanner is an hp 8350 (I think). It's a printer/scanner/fax that also has the CCD technology.

Thanks for the info guys. I decided to go with a used 8300 so we shall see how that works out when it arrives. There really didn't seem to be much of a savings between the 8250 and the 8300. I hadn't done much looking into the 8350. The price is obv. higher due to being a combo printer/scanner, but I'm sure it would have been decent enough.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/350880233163?lpid=82

Just wanted to check before purchasing, how does this deal look to everyone? Any tips and heads-up would be appreciated as I am not too familiar with scanners. Thanks

That's actually the same deal I just bought earlier today. Seems to be priced well.

Any suggestions for a scanner that fits OA as well as slabs?

When I went shopping for a slab scanner, Office Depot had some printer/scanner combos that were meant for scanning blue prints. Price was okay, about $180 on sale I think. Seems like it would do the trick.

When I went shopping for a slab scanner, Office Depot had some printer/scanner combos that were meant for scanning blue prints. Price was okay, about $180 on sale I think. Seems like it would do the trick.

No. Those will not work with slabs as they use CIS technology, which will give you a blurry scan. They would be fine for OA though, assuming they are large enough.

What has the longevity been like on the used 8300 and 8250 scanners you have been buying. If it was a difference of around $100 I would have gone new. I am seeing quite a price difference here between new and refurbished.

If I pick one of these up it is to scan comics but also do some heavy duty scanning to get rid to keep work related documents on file instead of cluttering my desk with all of this nonsense.

What if any problems has anyone had with refurbished scanners and how long did they last?

No. Those will not work with slabs as they use CIS technology, which will give you a blurry scan. They would be fine for OA though, assuming they are large enough.

+1. Sorry, I should have clarified that I meant they should do the trick for OA depending on the size. They are horrible for slabs. Nothing but blur.