• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legal Size Scanner thread.
48 48

1,634 posts in this topic

That's what she said...

lol sorry couldn't help myself.

That was my same reaction when i got my scanner. I had it shipped to my office. It was an enormous box that barely fit in my little coupe. It took up about half my desk, but once I started scanning I was amazed.

A couple more:

PlanetComics35CGC7_5_zps45b524a0.jpg

PlanetComics36CGC8_5Rockford_zps404577bb.jpg

The scanning program allows for some enhancements/ changes to the scan in the preview stage before final scanning. It is a feature I like. For an older scanner I think the results are pretty good. I highly recommend. Just need to learn the best settings for scanning which I am playing with.

Very nice, but I think your brightness is up a bit too high.

If you really want to tweak the settings, I would recommend buying VueScan Pro. It is a bit expensive, but it is worth it.

Edited by Kaptain Kollektor

Very nice, but I think your brightness is up a bit too high.

If you really want to tweak the settings, I would recommend buying VueScan Pro. It is a bit expensive, but it is worth it.

Thanks I will look into it. I agree, the brightness is to high, but that is what I am playing with/ learning. about the scanner. It isn't helping that I am scanning on my older computer, then adjusting then loading to photobucket. Once posted here I see the final results on my better comp. I agree...to bright.

Testing out my (sort of) new Scanjet 8250.

Still playing around with the settings:

SA185CGC94UNV0769625016_zpsbbf84919.jpg

Beautiful scan (thumbs u

What settings do you use? Still working on ousting the light glare from my own scans... :frustrated:

Beautiful scan (thumbs u

What settings do you use? Still working on ousting the light glare from my own scans... :frustrated:

I used the HP software and scanned at 300 dpi. I maxed out the sharpness and slightly played up the contrast. Didn't have an issue with glare on this book, but it's the only one I've tried so far.

Beautiful scan (thumbs u

I used the HP software and scanned at 300 dpi. I maxed out the sharpness and slightly played up the contrast. Didn't have an issue with glare on this book, but it's the only one I've tried so far.

Thanx, MG...will try it... :)

Another scan from my HP 7400 C legal scanner. I am still playing with the settings. I sure like the scan of the book above this post on the 8250, I need to keep trying mine out to see if I can get results like it.

FamousFunnies209_zps9294a382.jpg

Another scan from my HP 7400 C legal scanner. I am still playing with the settings. I sure like the scan of the book above this post on the 8250, I need to keep trying mine out to see if I can get results like it.

FamousFunnies209_zps9294a382.jpg

I think you need a lot of work. You'd better scan the rest of your collection and well let you know what scans we like.