• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm going to start collecting again...but what?

52 posts in this topic

I haven't been collecting comics for some time. In fact I sold all of my comics some time ago. But recently something has been missing to fulfill my spare time. I have a full-time job and run my own fight website on the side. Both take up a lot of time and with the new house and planning a family with my wife, it leaves me little spare time. With the spare time I do have left over, I would like to start collecting again. My biggest problem is keeping focus and not changing what I want to collect all the time. (Perhaps I have a slight case of ADD?) Anyway I have collected undergrounds, horror, Iron Man, and a few other things I can't remember. But does anyone have some suggestions? I just want to collect something that keeps me interested. I really have no idea.

Harley Quinn :D

Or comic art. I'm a huge fan of comic art :heart:

What makes you happy? When you look at something, what really gets you going and interested in finding stuff? Is there a genre? A character? An artist?

I haven't been collecting comics for some time. In fact I sold all of my comics some time ago. But recently something has been missing to fulfill my spare time. I have a full-time job and run my own fight website on the side. Both take up a lot of time and with the new house and planning a family with my wife, it leaves me little spare time. With the spare time I do have left over, I would like to start collecting again. My biggest problem is keeping focus and not changing what I want to collect all the time. (Perhaps I have a slight case of ADD?) Anyway I have collected undergrounds, horror, Iron Man, and a few other things I can't remember. But does anyone have some suggestions? I just want to collect something that keeps me interested. I really have no idea.

If you dont have an idea what you want than I would suggest you dont collect at all.

I replaced "collecting" with "reading" and have quite a nice collection of TPBs now. I would recommend that if you want to come back in slowly. OA is fun, GA is a good investment...just collect something that you enjoy.

Also, what fight site? Is that you Jeff Sherwood?

Do you want something to read or collect as an investment. Their are some great new moderns that are well worth reading and collecting these days. Walking dead (as mentioned), Chew, Goon, The Boys, Preacher, Y the Last man amongst others. Why not go to a LCS and just see what catches your eye maybe buy a view TPB'S and see what art and stories you like. GA and SA keys seem to be good fun and investments but they are also expensive. Let us know what you decide and welcome back to the world of comics.

I recommend something fun, not too expensive, not to hard to find, and finite - something like SA Teen Titans or Doom Patrol.

I had, and am still having, a great time with these titles.