• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to store CGC graded comics.

How to store CGC comics.  

339 members have voted

1. 1. How to store CGC comics.

34 posts in this topic

MIne are currently stacked flat.

I'm thinking about modding an old ikea wardrobe to create a storage cupboard (Not sure if I dare entrust my collection into the hands of the flatpack demons though!).

With any luck it will have individual slots 2 books wide by about 100 deep, all stored flat with the top index showing.

The wife (Manager of the local demonic Swedish flatpack emporium) is intrigued so may be able to get me some spare parts on the cheap!

This is not the first time this has been discussed and proponents of each "storage method" have forwarded convincing arguments. FWIW, I've stored them flat and upright (and will continue to do so). I suspect most of us will be gone before someone knows for sure. :devil:

crack open the coffin, insert book into mylar and board.

Would you do that with a comic you just paid thousands of dollars for in HG and is the highest graded copy known? Seems that would be kind of risky unless you were going to hold onto the comic forever.

Yes I would.

I'm not in it for the number.

I sit them upright in CGC sized boxes. The boxes then get stacked together in a tetris like fashion in my bedroom.

There are 'L' and 'T' shaped comic boxes?

I gotsta get some!

crack open the coffin, insert book into mylar and board.

My almost exact method, except Mylite2. Then store in the dark.

I know this might seem rather obvious, but why not call up CGC and ask them what they'd suggest?

I will say that I lay my slabs flat with the front cover facing up. I think an issue that many people have with laying them flat is that they stack far too many on top of one another which creates too much pressure.

Do you guys store large collections of slabs standing up but perhaps lone key and valuable ones laying down? I could see the value in conserving space but when it comes to one very valuable book, what do you feel the best way to store it might be?

i use heroclix cases, and some of the cgc shipping boxes to store about 25-33 books per box for now, need to get some cgc comic boxes, but they do for now

put about all laying flat, and 2-3 laying on side......just got to becareful not to drop the box or hit it on it's side