• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kid Colt Outlaw 1

80 posts in this topic

That Kid Colt 64 is actually below my normal standards :sorry:

Believe it or not, so's mine :insane: IIRC, it was a mail order from Sulipa and I picked it up for cheap and didn't feel like returning it. Even I have standards and at a con, I would have passed on that copy.

Want to know the difference between a high-grade collector and a low-grade collector?

Just count yourself fortunate not to be afflicted with OCD.

It would be particularly frustrating for you in the Atlas western arena....their are no 9.4 copies of most. .....but they're so cool that even a 9.0 will have a transcendental quality. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Nah, after collecting HG early SA DC, I`ve become pretty Zen about the whole thing, as I`d have no expectation that I`d be able to pick up a complete run in 9.4 or better within a few weeks. If stuff appears in high enough grade at a decent price, I`ll make a run at it. If not, that`s okay too.

I would be very interested in seeing the results of you,setting your sights on an Atlas area. I love genres that are both scarce and affordable....not much in the way of buyer's remorse because of the smaller commitment. Some of the Atlas horror stuff I was hunting for a few years back was truly exhilarating. I would search dealers websites, auction houses, eBay, shows and would still only find a few oppurtunities at Fine plus and above. When I would finally locate something it was definitely a "YES!!!! " moment. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Here's another book I picked up with the RK.

TwoGunW10.jpg

I`m starting to come to the conclusion that the Timely/Atlas/Marvel westerns had some really great covers! hm

One or two nice books. That's it. :eyeroll:

WesternKid.jpg

And a few never before posted.

kidcolt93.jpg

kidcolt95.jpg

Here's another from the same period.

Kid Colt Outlaw #103, March 1962

~Newstand, December 1961. (First 12¢)

KCO103FMar62.jpg

Big name cross-overs made for some great covers at the creative height of the Marvel Silver Age

Rawhide Kid #40, June 1964.

~Newsstand, March 1964.

Kirby/Brodsky

RK40FJun64.jpg

Kid Colt #121, March 1965.

~Newsstand, December 1964.

Kirby/Stone

KCO121FMar65.jpg

Kid Colt Outlaw #125, November 1965.

~Newsstand, August 1965.

Ayers/Esposito

KCO125FNov65.jpg

Those are great covers! I need to be on the look out for a KCO #66. Love that cover in particular!

Agreed great cover! anybody know who drew it?

John Severin. He signed it along the spine.

Now we're talkin'! Jeez I love these Kirby westerns. These might be the pre-hero Marvels of the 21st century.

Hmm...well, I dont know about that...

The stories and artwork for these werterns are pretty repeatative. I do enjoy the early Kirby RAWHIDE KIDs and the odd western-monster/story cover, but they dont have those wonderful 5 page Ditko gems that make each pre-hero special!

Now we're talkin'! Jeez I love these Kirby westerns. These might be the pre-hero Marvels of the 21st century.

The stories and artwork for these werterns are pretty repeatative. I do enjoy the early Kirby RAWHIDE KIDs and the odd western-monster/story cover, but they dont have those wonderful 5 page Ditko gems that make each pre-hero special!

(thumbs u It's the combination of the Kirby imagination and the Ditko other-worldliness that makes the pre-hero's so special.

Just meant that they're still mostly under the radar. In '88, I got laughed at for buying Amazing Adventures #6. Now lots of people appreciate those books. I could see a time when big wallet flippers shell out real money for a CGC 8.5 Two-Gun Kid #60.

Or maybe not.

When the Kid Colt movie is the top grossing film of 2017 - all bets are off.

Just meant that they're still mostly under the radar. In '88, I got laughed at for buying Amazing Adventures #6. Now lots of people appreciate those books. I could see a time when big wallet flippers shell out real money for a CGC 8.5 Two-Gun Kid #60.

Or maybe not.

At least you weren't laughed at for looking for Dial H for Hero. :blush:

I was also looking for pre-heros and many other unusual items at that time.