• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 in 7.5 up fer grabs

101 posts in this topic

That is a sweet looking AF #15:

0014043001.1.jpg

Not very sweet Marvel chipping though. :eek:

that is what I was thinking...down right UGLY for a 7.5...I have seen 5.0's at 10K much more attractive (shrug)

Really, 5.0? Scans please.

Chipping aside this book is quite stunning.

Guess it all comes down to ones personal preference on chipping. I personally hate it, but tolerate it because of how easily it can occur. Makes the rest of the book all the more impressive imho.

0014043001.1.jpg

that is what I was thinking...down right UGLY for a 7.5...I have seen 5.0's at 10K much more attractive (shrug)

Guess it all comes down to ones personal preference on chipping. I personally hate it, but tolerate it because of how easily it can occur. Makes the rest of the book all the more impressive imho.

wmaygx.jpg

p38024.jpg

Heres a scan of a 5.0

1st scan is SiverRich

2nd scan is mine

5.0's are much more affordable

They are nice books. But I am a spine freak, and chipping typically affects the cover only while a dinged spine,or rounded corners can affect the entire book.

I certainly was not arguing the 7.5 would grade the same today. Just that chipping does not bother me as much as it does others.

I am just splitting hairs because I cant afford either example posted.

That copy is exactly the condition that I want to get.

A nice looking 5.0 with no marvel chipping, and at least OW pages.

Here's hoping that I can find one in a couple of years when I'm ready to buy it.

Very nice book!

p38024.jpg

Heres a scan of a 5.0

1st scan is SiverRich

2nd scan is mine

5.0's are much more affordable

Like I said before, Peewee's 7.0 AF 15 is the best 7.0 I've ever seen. I don't think there will be a nicer copy than that.

I'm also not a big fan of marvel chipping on books no matter how high the grade of the book is. If I can get a lower graded book without marvel chipping, I would do so and save myself a ton of money.

Like I said before, Peewee's 7.0 AF 15 is the best 7.0 I've ever seen. I don't think there will be a nicer copy than that.

I'm also not a big fan of marvel chipping on books no matter how high the grade of the book is. If I can get a lower graded book without marvel chipping, I would do so and save myself a ton of money.

(thumbs u

0014043001.1.jpg

overall, my former 5.0, for one

af15-1-1.jpg

They are nice books. But I am a spine freak, and chipping typically affects the cover only while a dinged spine,or rounded corners can affect the entire book.

I certainly was not arguing the 7.5 would grade the same today. Just that chipping does not bother me as much as it does others.

I am just splitting hairs because I cant afford either example posted.

I am the opposite here... I much prefer a few tranverse spine stress marks than chunks and chips missing from the cover... just such an eyesore and turnoff... I would buy a trimmed book before I buy a jagged edged marvel chipped book (just my preference)

I am the opposite here... I much prefer a few tranverse spine stress marks than chunks and chips missing from the cover... just such an eyesore and turnoff...

Agreed, and if you're spending that kind of money on a funny book, at least get a complete copy.

I am the opposite here... I much prefer a few tranverse spine stress marks than chunks and chips missing from the cover... just such an eyesore and turnoff...

Agreed, and if you're spending that kind of money on a funny book, at least get a complete copy.

(thumbs u