• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My New Years resolution

42 posts in this topic

As help, my wife set up a counter for me (which is now attached to my signature line), and I hope to read an average of 3 books a day for the year.

What I need from you guys is a helpful reminder sometimes if it seems that I am falling behind. I know I will as I have busy season in March and April, and will have no time to read then. But after that, I need to get back in the habit of reading regularly.

So as of last night, I am up to 19 books so far this year. Wish me luck...I'm going to need it. :ohnoez:

The progress bar is cool! I'm sure you'll have no problem getting motivation from people here. :devil:

I read Siege # 1 this morning and it took approximately 35 minutes.

Which one is Seige? Don't think I have heard of this one...

Marvel series, just came out. It is the big war between Norman Osborn and the heroes. I just picked it up. the prelude issue with Doc Doom is pretty cool (thumbs u

I read Siege # 1 this morning and it took approximately 35 minutes.

Which one is Seige? Don't think I have heard of this one...

My sarcasm alarm is blaring full on.

Actually I was serious. I haven't been to the comic shop in 3 weeks, and I am about 6 months behind in my regular titles.

I did not read Invincible when it first came out. Now I'm reading the trades one per night so I'm way ahead of you in reading for the year!

Just trying to make it more competitive for you. :baiting:

I did not read Invincible when it first came out. Now I'm reading the trades one per night so I'm way ahead of you in reading for the year!

Just trying to make it more competitive for you. :baiting:

Actually Invincible is one of the few titles I am fairly up to date on. I last read #66. So I think I am only a couple of issues from catching up with that one.

Anyone want to wager that he doesn't make it?

What will the wager be?

What would be appealing? $ is way too lame and easy...we go down to the poker table to bet $ yeah?

So how about either an object vs. object wager or a youtube self-embarrassment wager.

Well, I went off yesterday and read 16 books. I think that is the most I have read in one day in 10 years. A little mix of everything including: Thor #600, Dead at 17, the latest Walking Dead, a bunch of the Darkest Night tie ins, and a few others.