• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

9 covers on a Bronze Age comic?

28 posts in this topic

I use to think that double covers were rare but after seeing over 1500 items in the last CC auction and various different examples on Ebay, etc I am so unimpressed by stuff like this these days. Also, I wonder how many of these are being cooked up in basements around North America?

I have owned my share of double and tripple covers over the years so they are not as rare as one might expect.

It's a cool item. Surprised he went so low considering his asking but just the same I would not even pay the $1,500 for it.

Not my cup of tea.

9 cover though is crazy. Major printing mess up!

I use to think that double covers were rare but after seeing over 1500 items in the last CC auction and various different examples on Ebay, etc I am so unimpressed by stuff like this these days. Also, I wonder how many of these are being cooked up in basements around North America?

I believe the books were part of a collection that somone put together for years paying nosebleed prices. I liken it to someone putting up a whole run of ASM in 9.8. Would it be less impressive if a collection like that (ASM in 9.8) showed up in one place?

Not like they are perfect, but do you really think CGC would miss basement made production defects? Do you think someone would ruin a 9.0+ X-men 94 to marry the cover to their other 9.0+ book to have a double cover? :makepoint:

I guess there are a whole list of unimpressive things in our comic collecting world, but I do not consider the depth and breadth of the comicconnect double cover collection to fall anywhere near the unimpressive or disenchanting or whatever. 2c

I have owned my share of double and tripple covers over the years so they are not as rare as one might expect.

You guys realize there are billions of comic books out there, right?

You guys realize there are billions of comic books out there, right?

Yes, but back when I was buying a lot on eBay I used to get them on a regular basis undisclosed from the seller. Heck, I have even bought books here on the boards that ended up being double covers that the seller was not aware of.

That was the most prominent double+ cover collector that I know of, so you can't base the number of double covers on that collection. There are a lot of them total across all books, but good luck trying to find a certain issue :)