• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

9 covers on a Bronze Age comic?

28 posts in this topic

I doubt that it was altered after manufacture, since CGC is pretty good at spotting restoration. Perhaps they had a lot of static that day. Maybe someone who worked in the bindery area was screwing around. Maybe some engineer was experimenting with how thick a book could be and not jam the stitching equipment. In any case, it is out of my price range. :P

lol, $55K for this? doh!

... or best offer...

The seller picks an outlandish BIN price to draw attention to the book. Pretty simple.

Some yahoo will buy it.... not at $55k but whoever this is... he'll sell it for way more than it is worth... Course that might be $200

I use to think that double covers were rare but after seeing over 1500 items in the last CC auction and various different examples on Ebay, etc I am so unimpressed by stuff like this these days. Also, I wonder how many of these are being cooked up in basements around North America?