• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's finally time to put Danny Dupcak out of business auction FUNDRAISER
2 2

607 posts in this topic

Hey, I apologize to everyone for butting in this thread - something about the scenario rubbed me the wrong way, but I still shouldn't have aired in such a public manner. Who knows, something good might come of this - crazier things have happened. (shrug)
:o Someone get the people in hell some coats. Edited by Transplant

That is not true. I admitted to what I did was wrong but I stated why I did it along time ago, I have given people apologies in pm, but there is a select few that put me on ignore and are demanding a public apology and just wont let it go. I have already extended my hand to talk in pm and sort this out in which THEY won't and still stay behind ignore. These individuals still doing this where the ones bullying me in the first place. They are in no position to demand anything from me.

This is what my daughters do. They apologize for whacking the other one of the head with something and say "but I only hit her b/c she hit me". I have to explain to them that that's not an apology.

As for the select few who have you on ignore. F-em. No offense to those folks but what do you want them to do? If they're going to continue to bring it up and bad mouth you, your best action is to either ignore it or politely ask them to stop. You don't have to gear up for battle every time your name is mentioned.

It's like my wife does to me when I am being an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. She just walks away. It's kind of hard to argue with somebody who just ignores you. So ignore it and move forward towards something better.

Very sage advice from FK and Hockey&Comics guy.

Whisp, you'd be wise to follow it and start fresh. Otherwise you will never get past it.

Same advice I've tried to give the guy since the first time he was punched on, but he doesn't listen. Save your breath because you'll be on his bad guy list too.

i honestly wonder if you have the capability to function on an Internet message board. i really do.

if you could learn - just once - to ignore when someone mentions you in a negative way, you would do yourself a huge favour.

and please, don't pm me again trying to give your side of the story. i'm just going to delete it without reading it. i don't care about your side. i don't care why you post what you do. i just wish you would stop it

In my life time I have only ever been kicked off one board in which I was even invited back to it by the owner. I am a member to about 80 other boards right now and I have no issues on any of them except this one.

This is because people wont let it go and expect me to let everything go while they still hound me.

They went and put on ignore demanding an open apology which wil never happen and have made me to look alot worse then what I really am when people dont know all teh facts of what brought on the issue. they say i play the victim card but they are just as guilty of doing it too.

they dont want to move on and since they dont want to i will keep defending myself

pretty much it has been quiet but occasioannly a few like watson slip in their posts

This is an endless circle for you. You'll never apologize, and they'll never give up pointing out the complete insensitivity of your remarks.

People don't particularly care for you here because of those remarks, so even if they don't say it, an overwhelming majority of people think you were a total jerk about the situation. If you are a member of 80 other boards and they have no problem, why the need to stick around here? People don't seem to like you or value your contributions... why stay somewhere like that when you can go elsewhere and be appreciated?

This is the main comic board I have stuck too and while there is those few that still attack me there is those I still get along with.

And what people are forgetting is they owe me an apology too.

this isnt just one sided although they have tried very hard to make it look like that and deceived people.

I'm not saying to go or stay, but whether you owed an apology or not, you've been steadfast in your stance that you did nothing wrong.

My advice (and feel free to tell me to go to hell) is to apologize for the remarks -- whether or not you felt they were justified, I think it's clear they were ill timed and inappropriate. I honestly think that would go a long way. Now, I realize you could take the position that I won't do it unless they do in which case this goes no where. But... I think it'd go a long way to putting this whole thing behind us. There's a lot of people with no dog in the fight that view your remarks as just in poor taste.

I'm not going to claim that any issue is one sided and that there is no way that you have any reason to be upset. But even if I concede that, I think it's fair for you to at least make the concession that your remark regarding Nik's passing was really in poor taste. Whether you choose to apologize is your decision, but I certainly would think of you in a much different light if, even after all this time, you took the high road and apologized first. People tend to sympathize and forgive -- and while you may not have been completely wrong, I'm not sure there's any circumstance to justify the timing and nature of your remark.

Let me say that if you did the right thing -- and acknowledged your remarks as inappropriate, it'd be much harder for your critics to feel that they could continue to hound you with impunity.

I missed the initial brouhaha but have caught up to speed on it. Whisp, Brian's advice is sound. I think I pm'd you pretty much the same thing a long time ago. What is done is done. Just b/c a couple of people won't let it go, doesn't mean you have to continue to drag yourself down.

If you're sincere, all you need to do is apologize and let it go on your end. Don't continue to give people ammunition.

Yes, I know somebody brought it up in this thread. Frankly, they should not have. It was a potshot and completely unnecessary. But they did. And you needed to let it slide. You need to be a bigger person about it.

If you rise to the occasion every single time somebody slights you, you're not going to get anywhere. Trust me, I know. You can't fight every battle. It doesn't mean you're giving in or giving up. It just means you're choosing the higher road.

This board ought to be somewhere you come to enjoy yourself. You'll get from it what you put into it. Let it go. For those who can't let it go, let that be their problem.

Part of the issue is this. If I apologize publicly they will never apologize for what they did to me.

On top of this they have pulled this garbage on other people. Its just not me and everytime I see them just forgive and forget but then later on they pull this garbage on someone else. Its the same group of indiviuals that keep doing this to people and keep getting away with it.

Hey, I apologize to everyone for butting in this thread - something about the scenario rubbed me the wrong way, but I still shouldn't have aired in such a public manner. Who knows, something good might come of this - crazier things have happened. (shrug)

apologetic wuss. :/

United Way Volunteer.

Whisp, you'd be wise to follow it and start fresh. Otherwise you will never get past it.

Same advice I've tried to give the guy since the first time he was punched on, but he doesn't listen. Save your breath because you'll be on his bad guy list too.

putting this situation aside, "go pound sand" is probably one of my all time favorite tell offs. (thumbs u

:o Someone get the people is hell some coats.

Ok, is it just me, or is this some language other than English above! :baiting::hi:

Or is this some sort of hip-hop lingo I just don't know? (shrug)

"is" = "in"

I thought you spoke lawyerese.

I honestly have no clue what this discussion is all about, other than what I have gleamed from above, and I candidly don't want to know. This is one of the reasons I tend to avoid the General Section other than specific threads/discussions on very focused topics.

Whisp, I don't know if I know you or not, or whether you were wronged or not, or why you felt the need to attack me out of the blue, but respectfully it would be nice if this conversation went elsewhere so I can continue to focus - ethically or unethically as some might see it - on Mr. Dupcak.

That would be appreciated. (thumbs u

Ooooook, guess this didn't work! doh!

And people say I have influence. Obviously not! lol

Ok, is it just me, or is this some language other than English above! :baiting::hi:

"is" = "in"

I don't know what he's talking about. My post does not say that. Plus, we never talk about the lawyer lexicon in public. He was just trying to bait me.

"is" = "in"

The problem is that even with this modification I still don't get the expression! (shrug):eyeroll:lol

I was about to say the same thing. I've also sent and received many PMs with him, as I'm sure many others have.

Don't bother it's a waste of time.