• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rarest romance

23 posts in this topic

Enchant001.jpg?t=1262968428

Enchantment Visualettes, I believe are the rarest romance comics in existence. There are 5 issues in 1949. Only about 25% of the book is comics. The one I have displayed is # 1. I also have # 2 They are in the Overstreet but not in Gerber. There are none in the CGC census.

Also, per GCD rule, i.e. a minimum of 50% of comic content in the book, this is not a comic book. Now, you don't have to agree with that rule, since some of the content is in comic format, but I'd tend to agree that this isn't a comic book.

It's just me but I tend to think that everything listed in Overstreet is a comic book. True, this is more magazine but hey, it's listed in a comic book price guide. It took me years and years to find one copy. I picked up number 1 and 2 together. All 5 of them are IMPOSSIBLE to find.

If we are talking about general rarity, I think Confessions of Love and Honeymoon Romance would be high up there. These are small digest size.

confessionsoflove.jpg

Damn, I want a copy of that - I love the sinister cover.

Does some one know how rare copies of any issue of Negro Romance are? I have never seen a copy for sale and a quick check of Metro's site does not show any for sale (or maybe they don't put them on the website).

I don't know but I still kick myself for not bidding higher in the early days of ebay on what looked to be a pretty HG copy of #4 - with the Baker cover. It went for a little over FN guide value and looked like at least a VF from the scan ( I can't beleive how stupidly cheap I was). I think it may be less scarce than the earlier issues- but as they have photo covers i find them less interesting.

If your trying to put together the entire output of COMIC MEDIA...[that would be 102 issues, spread out over 14 different titles]

Confessions of Love (two issues, GCD only has one pictured) and the Honeymoon Romances might be the last three you would be able to locate.

Grand Comic Book Databse :LINK to Hoenymoon Romance

I love all of the Comic Media titles. One day I'm going to put together a run of them.

Does some one know how rare copies of any issue of Negro Romance are? I have never seen a copy for sale and a quick check of Metro's site does not show any for sale (or maybe they don't put them on the website).

The Dentist sold issues 1 and 2 about 6 months ago on Ebay.

I cant remember the final price though.

It was the first time I had seen both issue 1 and 2 up for sale. They were in about fine plus condition as I remember.