• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ironman's New Armor!

42 posts in this topic

Is it just me or does the shapes and colors point towards his friggin' crotch???

I know Stark's a playboy, but damn!

:P

Um, yeh, it's you....not that there's anything wrong with that though... :baiting:

How does Iron Man get into his costume?

Hmm... so many responses, so little time.

1) One leg at a time, like anyone else (who may be putting on ultra high-tech armour.)

2) With a little mental prep and lots of lube.

3) Pepper Potts helps immensely.

I could go on.....

-slym

That's getting dangerously close to the X-O Manowar armor...

I agree that they look very similar. But don't you think XO copied Iron man first? The light on the chest, a battle suit, etc.

Who copied who first? Iron Man 1963, XO 1992????... :makepoint:

Looks the same as it always did to me.

I thought pretty much the same - not being a reader of the series, and having seen the movie two years ago, the subtle shifts in design largely go unnoticed.

IronManBestArmor.gif

This is still the best.

That was sarcasm...right?

No that really is my favorite. When I first started reading comics this was the new armor (around issue 200). When they moved him to another set of armor I stopped reading.

IronManBestArmor.gif

This is still the best.

No that really is my favorite. When I first started reading comics this was the new armor (around issue 200). When they moved him to another set of armor I stopped reading.

I think the problem with this armor was how did he raise his arms above his head? (Yes, it articulates at the shoulder, but let's be real here... as real as we can get with a man in a metal mesh suit.)

It's funny how his armor nipples move up and down depending on the artist.

I think one was the Mark IV and the other Mark V but I cant find a site that list all the armors and their differences

Re. the XO Manowar comment above, there's an obvious link--the initial XO Manowar character design and (first series) issue artist was Bob Layton, whose primary claim to fame was drawing 60+ issues of Iron Man

IronManBestArmor.gif

This is still the best.

Easily the best. I just re-bought a few of these issues over the summer. Largely unreadable drek, but that armor was awesome looking.

-Rob-