• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some nice books for sale DD FF X-Men Prices lowered

30 posts in this topic

Thanks for looking.

I was just organizing the comic room and have some odds and ends that don 't fit in the personal collection or have been upgraded recently.

All of these books will have great page quality, almost all white, no date stamps and proper cover wrap centering.

Shipping will be $8.00 for the first slab and we'll figure it out on multiple slabs.

Feel free to PM me with offers

:takeit: takes precedence

For those wondering, I do have transaction history with members of these boards which can be viewed in the Kudos forum.

:gossip: To the books we go

Daredevil 136 CGC 9.4 Price Variant White Pages

Second Highest in the census and just impossible to find in grade

$275

img015.jpg

I sent a PM to dillmeister--he is looking for this book

good luck

With a lone 9.6 and this book being the only 9.4 I figured it wouldn't last long.

Thanks for the shout out!! :headbang:

Daredevil 10 CGC 9.0 Off White

Back Cover

img014.jpg

I sold a raw copy to a board member a year or two ago who was dissatisfied with the grade of 9.0 (I think that's what it was) that I gave it because of the back cover transfer. Book was very similar to this copy.

That defect of oil transfer from the interior pages seems to be a very common defect for this book.

Daredevil 10 CGC 9.0 Off White

Back Cover

img014.jpg

I sold a raw copy to a board member a year or two ago who was dissatisfied with the grade of 9.0 (I think that's what it was) that I gave it because of the back cover transfer. Book was very similar to this copy.

That defect of oil transfer from the interior pages seems to be a very common defect for this book.

I was kinda curious what caused that because the rest of the book seems perfectly white.

It's a common defect for SA Marvels.

The low quality oil based inks that were used would separate over time under the right conditions and the oils from the interiors would seep into the covers causing that stain in varying degrees.

In the early stages the covers seem slightly translucent, and in later stages of development the stains takes on a brown appearance.

Marvel used really cheap paper and inks in the early days because they were on a low budget and comics were supposed to be throw away items so this is what happens to the books decades later when improperly stored.