• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Return of Kitty Pride

38 posts in this topic

Yeah, she's too interesting of a character to kill off.

Frankly, there are plenty of others that could have been her replacement. They could have saved us the lame exit of the Beast by shooting him off.

Though I liked Morrison's run, the "Beauty & the Best" variation of Hank always bugged me. Then he was gay, now he's not. He's basically a lame character now. And the way they sent him off was like a poor rip-off of when Summers left after Dark Phoenix Saga.

Pat

thanks for the explanation... that sounds...

like something that's not going to make me start reading the X-Men again.

I'm really just surprised that they are making it like an "event."

I didn't know that Kitty was that popular... good for here tho. :)

The Beast was gay....? And now he's not "again"...?

:eyeroll:

There's nothing wrong with gay characters, but taking an established character, with an established history, and changing their sexual orientation is absurd and insulting to what came before.

Northstar was created by his creator (even though he couldn't bring him out of the closet) to be gay. Other characters created since, great.

But not the Beast. That's like revealing he was really a woman, or, God forbid, a skrull. :eyeroll: It's just not what the character was created and developed to be.

For all those who haven't yet, do yourself a favor and read Astonishing X-men #1-24 and the Giant Size X-men #1. With Joss Whedon writing and John Cassaday's art, it really was a great run (which ends with Kitty getting shot into space, hence why I'm bringing it up).

And thanks for the clarification, Shin. (thumbs u

Yeah, she's too interesting of a character to kill off.

Frankly, there are plenty of others that could have been her replacement. They could have saved us the lame exit of the Beast by shooting him off.

Though I liked Morrison's run, the "Beauty & the Best" variation of Hank always bugged me. Then he was gay, now he's not. He's basically a lame character now. And the way they sent him off was like a poor rip-off of when Summers left after Dark Phoenix Saga.

Pat

Who's the insufficiently_thoughtful_person who actually made Hank gay?

For all those who haven't yet, do yourself a favor and read Astonishing X-men #1-24 and the Giant Size X-men #1 . With Joss Whedon writing and John Cassaday's art, it really was a great run (which ends with Kitty getting shot into space, hence why I'm bringing it up).

Best X-Men run ever:headbang:

Did you really think for a second that she would remain MIA? Marvel couldn't even keep Steve Roger's dead for over a year, what chance did Kitty Pride have?? Just a matter of time before she comes riding that over sized 'pocket-rocket' back to Earth.

Then again, they've managed to keep Thunderbird dead since #95...

I think.

Did you really think for a second that she would remain MIA? Marvel couldn't even keep Steve Roger's dead for over a year, what chance did Kitty Pride have?? Just a matter of time before she comes riding that over sized 'pocket-rocket' back to Earth.

Then again, they've managed to keep Thunderbird dead since #95...

I think.

... He's running around all zombie T/O virus in the X Necrosha crossover right now.

For all those who haven't yet, do yourself a favor and read Astonishing X-men #1-24 and the Giant Size X-men #1 . With Joss Whedon writing and John Cassaday's art, it really was a great run (which ends with Kitty getting shot into space, hence why I'm bringing it up).

Best X-Men run ever:headbang:

I will respectfully disagree. :)

doh! Why, oh, why do I still collect X-Men? I hate what Marvel has done to this title... maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have EVERY issue off the newsrack since 1982? (I should have posted this in the OCD thread.)