• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Return of Kitty Pride

38 posts in this topic

Looks like Kitty Pride will be back in Uncanny X-men #522 in March. Am I the only one annoyed by this? I feel they made her an epic character with her sacrifice in Astonishing X-Men and to bring her back this quick really detracts from that.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=24384

Personally, I'm glad. I hated the way Whedon handled Kitty Pryde and I especially resented the way he completely disregarded pretty much everything any writer had done with the character in the past 20 years or so. :sumo:

I actually found it pretty ironic that the writer following Whedon on Astonishing was Warren Ellis, the writer responsible for Kitty's major character development (in his Excalibur run), which Whedon threw out of the window ("nope, she's still in love with Colossus just like she was in her teenage years").

My devilish thought was that Ellis should've had Kitty waking up from a bad dream, on the first page of his first issue :devil:

Looks like Kitty Pride will be back in Uncanny X-men #522 in March. Am I the only one annoyed by this? I feel they made her an epic character with her sacrifice in Astonishing X-Men and to bring her back this quick really detracts from that.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=24384

Did you really think for a second that she would remain MIA? Marvel couldn't even keep Steve Roger's dead for over a year, what chance did Kitty Pride have?? Just a matter of time before she comes riding that over sized 'pocket-rocket' back to Earth.

The ol' "Women in Refrigerators" routine... :sick:

what happened to her in the first place that she needed to be brought back?

She got stuck in a rocket heading away from Earth.

It was a matter of when not if she came back.

... got stuck in a rocket heading away from Earth.

quote]

That happened to me once.

I ended up on these boards.

She got stuck in a rocket heading away from Earth.

It was a matter of when not if she came back.

It was a giant bullet. She phased it though the Earth and became fused within its molecular structure.

I didn't think she fused with it. It was my understanding that it was a hollowpoint bullet and she was in the tip. Phasing the bullet through the Earth exhausted her, but even if she could phase out of it, she'd just be floating in space.

But to be honest, can we really be surprised if any character comes back after a "death"? I'll be surprised if Uncle Ben comes back. Everyone else is just a matter of "when".

They said the top men (Reed Richards, etc.) figured she had to bond with the bullet to get it through the earth (due to its size and super dense molecular structure).

She probably remained bonded so that she wouldn't need food/oxygen/air in that state.

But to be honest, can we really be surprised if any character comes back after a "death"? I'll be surprised if Uncle Ben comes back. Everyone else is just a matter of "when".

I'm not at all surprised that they brought her back. Just more surprised at the haste with which she returned. Again, since she's not a title character, I expected a few years (4-5) without her.