• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I was looking through the CGC gallery...

76 posts in this topic

Any way I can get CGC to put one of my books up there? Or do they get to pick and choose what they want?

Yes. It's tricky, though. You have to put the book on a chain around your neck, like Flav-O-Flav for two days straight (don't forget to bag it while you are in the shower!) Then you have to make sure that the digital video you send to CGC shows you wearing the slab at no less than ten minute intervals. At the end of the video, you must sing the first two bars of "God Save the Queen," frontwards and back. Then you must hop on one foot for 45 seconds chanting "Mark Haspel is one sexxxxy stud." After they have reviewed the video, you will be notified by certified passenger pigeon correspondence whether or not the selected book is to be entered into the gallery. Good Luck!

Flava Flav noob :makepoint:

It takes a nation of millions of misspellings to hold me back.

• Administrator
Any way I can get CGC to put one of my books up there? Or do they get to pick and choose what they want?

Yes. It's tricky, though. You have to put the book on a chain around your neck, like Flav-O-Flav for two days straight (don't forget to bag it while you are in the shower!) Then you have to make sure that the digital video you send to CGC shows you wearing the slab at no less than ten minute intervals. At the end of the video, you must sing the first two bars of "God Save the Queen," frontwards and back. Then you must hop on one foot for 45 seconds chanting "Mark Haspel is one sexxxxy stud." After they have reviewed the video, you will be notified by certified passenger pigeon correspondence whether or not the selected book is to be entered into the gallery. Good Luck!

It takes a nation of millions of misspellings to hold me back.

I may just use that answer the next time I am asked.... hm

ahem

The proper Queen's English on this one is clearly:

MC DJ Flavor Flav

Also...999 (or 112) is a Joke in yo town. :sumo:

Here are all of mine, I think.

http://www.cgccomics.com/gallery/details.aspx?comic=6969 (Now a 9.2 double signed :makepoint:)

Many who handled that sub for you?

bf03.jpg

pirate did. But it wasn't handling that knocked it down. It was the world's softest 9.4. It was so soft, it made the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man look chiseled. I'm surprised it didn't come back a 9.0. But I really wanted P. Craig Russell so i said screw it and crossed my fingers.

http://www.cgccomics.com/gallery/details.aspx?comic=6969 (Now a 9.2 double signed :makepoint:)

bf03.jpg

pirate did. But it wasn't handling that knocked it down. It was the world's softest 9.4. It was so soft, it made the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man look chiseled. I'm surprised it didn't come back a 9.0. But I really wanted P. Craig Russell so i said screw it and crossed my fingers.

I sent Danny a CGC 9.8 Solar #1 for his BWS signing and it came back 9.6 and I know it wasn't his handling either.

A book like yours though, it could have dropped to 8.0 and still be worth it I think. It's great.

bf03.jpg

I sent Danny a CGC 9.8 Solar #1 for his BWS signing and it came back 9.6 and I know it wasn't his handling either.

A book like yours though, it could have dropped to 8.0 and still be worth it I think. It's great.

Thanks, man. Moorcock is a pretty sweet sig, no matter what the grade.

Speaking of the Gallery, some of you might not know that our very own Michael McFadden is the primary over-seer of the Gallery, as he has a vast knowledge of comics and also gets to see pretty much every newly-certified book since he's in Quality Control.

Every month in the CGC newsletter he has a column called "A Glance At The Gallery" which gives you a tour of some recent cool and odd additions to the Gallery. The column started in the December 2007 newsletter.

Here's links to the 1st 3 columns he did. You should check them out (and all the ones written since then). Some cool stuff!

http://www.cgccomics.com/news/enews/2007/December/article1.asp

http://www.cgccomics.com/news/enews/2008/January/article3.asp

http://www.cgccomics.com/news/enews/2008/February/article2.asp