• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carbonaro One-Day Show - 2/27/10 - NY Armory

118 posts in this topic

The location on the website has been updated, as well as just about everywhere else I could find to update it. The armory would have been cool, with it's vaulted ceilings and history (the famous art show in 1913, in p[articular), but the Penn Plaza Pavilion has more floor space, is closer to more transport (subway entrances at Herald Square, 7th and 8th avenues, Penn Station, and Port Authority Bus Terminal), and Mike's been having shows there for years.

weather.com is calling for snow, but I don't care. I'll be there! If any dealers who will be at the show are reading this, please bring DC Bronze age first issues (preferably in high grade). I have $$$$ to spend!

The location on the website has been updated, as well as just about everywhere else I could find to update it. The armory would have been cool, with it's vaulted ceilings and history (the famous art show in 1913, in p[articular), but the Penn Plaza Pavilion has more floor space, is closer to more transport (subway entrances at Herald Square, 7th and 8th avenues, Penn Station, and Port Authority Bus Terminal), and Mike's been having shows there for years.

Well, to be fair, even though the show has been there for years, the venue itself is pretty much terrible. That being said, I'll be there pretty much no matter what, barring an actual blizzard, though I did once go to a show in a pretty severe snow storm and took the train.

Well, to be fair, even though the show has been there for years, the venue itself is pretty much terrible. That being said, I'll be there pretty much no matter what, barring an actual blizzard, though I did once go to a show in a pretty severe snow storm and took the train.

I feel the same about the location, but I'll be there too.

If its on the 18th floor again it should be nice. Has a nice view up there. Had more of a comic book feel to it.

If its on the 18th floor again it should be nice. Has a nice view up there. Had more of a comic book feel to it.

That is true, the 18th floor show had a much better feel to it.

Ive never been why is the venue not good?

The venue is okay, I guess. But it's been held there a slew of times and I've been there a couple dozen times over the years. I've only been to the armory once and never for a comic show, so I was looking forward to a change of venue.

The comics and guests aren't going to change on Seventh from what they would have been on Lex.