• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 40 art day: another piece of the quest!

26 posts in this topic

Those of you who know me know that I'm trying to complete the battle sequence between the Thing and Doom from FF 40: pages 14 - 20. I've just picked up another page, so I've got 5 out of the 7. :banana:

You can see it here:

FF 40 page 20

Still looking for pages 14 and 19. If you know where these are I'd appreciate any info you can share. I'll pay a finders fee for assistance in locating them if it leads to a purchase.

Big thanks to Glen for helping me make this happen -- in a hobby filled with nice people he is top shelf. (worship)

2010 has started better than I could have imagined (we also just added a new family member -- a deaf great dane from a rescue org).

I am absolutely giddy. :whee:

Happy New Year to all!

Cheers,

Steve

Killer sequence! It's one of the high points of the Silver Age! (thumbs u

Thanks, yeah this was one of the first comic stories I read as a kid (FF 39-40) and it made a huge impression of me. To have this sequence on my wall is a wonderful thing.

-Steve

You sir, have excellent taste! I enjoyed reading that page. I am rather positive I read

it before but I am not sure if it was the original comic, a reprint, or my imagination

based on hundreds of others of FF comics i have read.

Thanks, yeah this was one of the first comic stories I read as a kid (FF 39-40) and it made a huge impression of me. To have this sequence on my wall is a wonderful thing.

-Steve

In my case, I read that sequence for the first time when I was in my 20s and found it deeply moving. Most folks seem to mention the "This Man...this Monster" story but for me that's the great story in the FF run.

-Steve

In my case, I read that sequence for the first time when I was in my 20s and found it deeply moving. Most folks seem to mention the "This Man...this Monster" story but for me that's the great story in the FF run.

(thumbs u

Awesome, congrats, I love that sequence. Do you know where the other 2 pages are?

Clem..

No I don't but if anyone reading this does, I hope they'll clue me in. Even if the seller isn't interested in letting them go, it'd at least be nice to know where they are. :wishluck:

-Steve

Congrats Steve! Putting a sequence together is always tough! Your determination is paying off!

Hari

Thanks Hari, yeah I am in no hurry. Hopefully the other two will eventually turn up. Although I'm more interested in page 19 at this point. I know somebody else who would deeply like page 14 so I may just set my sights on 19 and see what I can turn up....