• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How in the world did this go unnoticed???

1,945 posts in this topic

I'm sure Marnin wouldn't mind me quoting him but this is from the NOD boards:

"We don't profess that manipulating books is wrong, we make collectors aware of the many "treatments" being performed to comic books without disclosure. Then it is up to each individual to decide for themselves".

Steve B, isn't it your position on books you have sold in this forum that you won't actively disclose if a book has been pressed or not?

Unfortunately this has put the group in a[nother] no-win situation.

If the group accepts Brent's venture, it loses the respect of people who apparently had some measure of respect previously.

If the group takes some sort of action against Brent, then it's proven the assertions of some of its critics -- it's a bunch of intolerant anti-pressers whose only goal is to smite pressing from the face of the Earth.

doh!

Why does it have to be an either/or situation?

Because that's the path chosen by the NOD.

If the group accepts Brent's venture, it loses the respect of people who apparently had some measure of respect previously.

If the group takes some sort of action against Brent, then it's proven the assertions of some of its critics -- it's a bunch of intolerant anti-pressers whose only goal is to smite pressing from the face of the Earth.

doh!

You have accept it or take some sort of action. What's the third option?

doh!

I thought you were stopping at your first comment.

:wishluck:

I thought the nod were ok with discloused pressing and that members could press books for others only if they had a legit biz. I don't think there is anything to read into here.......

.........though I bet, some of the nod members are busting a nut over this :baiting:

I also bet Marnin is losing it, first Susan start pressing books without doing restoration to them and now Brent..............

Wow years later and Steve is still taking another pot shots at Marnin at every available opportunity, what a surprise. Just because he believes if full disclosure and is against pressing and now he is a bad guy? Maybe Marnin should toss out his integrity and hide in the cone of silence like you did with your failed PCS venture? Steve you wish you had half the respect that Marnin does in this industry.

dang, out of the loop again

1. not familiar with Marnin Rosenberg vs Steve Borock but sounds interesting

2. what the heck was the failed PCS venture

I thought the nod were ok with discloused pressing and that members could press books for others only if they had a legit biz. I don't think there is anything to read into here.......

.........though I bet, some of the nod members are busting a nut over this :baiting:

I also bet Marnin is losing it, first Susan start pressing books without doing restoration to them and now Brent..............

Wow years later and Steve is still taking another pot shots at Marnin at every available opportunity, what a surprise. Just because he believes if full disclosure and is against pressing and now he is a bad guy? Maybe Marnin should toss out his integrity and hide in the cone of silence like you did with your failed PCS venture? Steve you wish you had half the respect that Marnin does in this industry.

:popcorn:

Steve B, isn't it your position on books you have sold in this forum that you won't actively disclose if a book has been pressed or not?

What does that to do with anything?

Steve's position is that he doesn't know if the book has been pressed or not. It may have been pressed. It may not have been pressed.

Let's say Steve has thirty New Mutants 98s. He sends them in under a 9.8 pre-screen. Twenty come back 9.8s without being pressed. He sends the other ten off to get pressed and then re-submits them. He gets eight more 9.8s.

Steve's place looks like a comic bomb went off in it. All the New Mutants 98 9.8s get mixed together. He can't remember which ones have been pressed and which ones haven't. Therefore, the book may have been pressed or it may not have pressed. It isn't a matter of not actively disclosing.

doh!

Oops. You are right. :sorry:

:popcorn:

There are so many threads on these topics that off the top of my head I can't recall their original titles. Send me a PM and I'll try and dig a few out for you in the next few days.

doh!

Oops. You are right. :sorry:

I may have to frame that one. He actually said I was right about something. :acclaim:

:grin:

Steve's position is that he doesn't know if the book has been pressed or not. It may have been pressed. It may not have been pressed.

Let's say Steve has thirty New Mutants 98s. He sends them in under a 9.8 pre-screen. Twenty come back 9.8s without being pressed. He sends the other ten off to get pressed and then re-submits them. He gets eight more 9.8s.

Steve's place looks like a comic bomb went off in it. All the New Mutants 98 9.8s get mixed together. He can't remember which ones have been pressed and which ones haven't. Therefore, the book may have been pressed or it may not have pressed. It isn't a matter of not actively disclosing.

My point is will he actively disclose if he knows a book has been pressed? I may be wrong but I got the impression that he couldn't be bothered.

doh!

You have accept it or take some sort of action. What's the third option?

Treat Brent the same way he was being treated before this thread. He was pressing books two weeks ago and it didn't seem to be an issue then.

Why let a microcosm such as this influence your decision? I would think if you guys aren't careful, you are going to lose a valuable member of your organization that will continue to be a better friend than enemy.

It would be a big mistake. Right up there with not accepting Richard Evans' application for membership.

My point is will he actively disclose if he knows a book has been pressed? I may be wrong but I got the impression that he couldn't be bothered.

That may be true, but it's his decision. If it bothers someone, then they have the option of not doing business with him. I think he made that quite clear as well.

Treat Brent the same way he was being treated before this thread. He was pressing books two weeks ago and it didn't seem to be an issue then.

Why let a microcosm such as this influence your decision? I would think if you guys aren't careful, you are going to lose a valuable member of your organization that will continue to be a better friend than enemy.

It would be a big mistake. Right up there with not accepting Richard Evans' application for membership.

I agree with what you said, right up until this part. Richard didn't/doesn't want to join as evidenced by what he said at the time and the fact that he won't join now that the individual/dealer logo issue is moot.

Didn't know that Mr B had been turned down for NOD. On what grounds?

I agree with what you said, right up until this part. Richard didn't/doesn't want to join as evidenced by what he said at the time and the fact that he won't join now that the individual/dealer logo issue is moot.

He was sincere at the time. I remember. I told him he was crazy.

Didn't know that Mr B had been turned down for NOD. On what grounds?

It was a drawn out ordeal over Richard the Collector versus Richard the Bedrock City Owner.