• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How in the world did this go unnoticed???

1,945 posts in this topic

Right now, at various facilities around the globe, comic books are being pressed that will be sold and resold time and again, most frequently without either the buyer or the seller having any knowledge of this dastardly practice.

Perhaps we need to start a new organization...

NOE.jpg

:whistle:

Right now, at various facilities around the globe, comic books are being pressed that will be sold and resold time and again, most frequently without either the buyer or the seller having any knowledge of this dastardly practice.

NOE.jpg

Watson made a funny. ;)

The best rates in the business are also given by the same person that is the best presser in the business, they are $10.00 (and less) a book regardless of the era

Name & email address, please?

gator... gatorpressing@squashit.com

Gator cursed. :insane:

changing the site now to "squash"it.com (thumbs u

NOE.jpg

Wow. You are feeling your oats today.

Sincerely, no offense to those members that are not anti-pressing and think with a level head, but the orginization painted that picture of itself early on, and many of the members have continued to do so to this day. I'll bet their is already a storm bruing over on the NOD message boards as we speak.

Mike, do you think that because undisclosed pressing was the primary (but not only) catalyst that those who did not want a NOD organization put the focus on NOD's stance on pressing?

I think it's possible that people within NOD don't like pressing because it's not detectable, not because people press books. If it were as easy to tell pressing as it is to detect resto they probably wouldn't care because they could pick and choose between the two.

I have no doubt that some people might be "fanatically" against pressing, even though it's being proactively disclosed.

Unfortunately, it seems that the dislike for pressing by some members seems to eclipse all other reasons for NOD's existence making them look like it's all they care about.

everyone's being uncharacteristically myopic about this.

i think it's a brilliant strategy by NOD to start the process by which they may corner the pressing market, and thus exact a small measure of control through their online image documenting service.

the question is, will the effort be successful, or are we looking at the Hunt Brothers, Part II?

NOE.jpg

Not really. It's just all this drama is so stupid. Brent's been pressing books for years. This step was only the natural progression of things.

If anything, I find the situation slightly amusing. Hey Alanis, here's a good definition of the word "ironic." Put that in a song.

everyone's being uncharacteristically myopic about this.

i think it's a brilliant strategy by NOD to start the process by which they may corner the pressing market, and thus exact a small measure of control through their online image documenting service.

the question is, will the effort be successful, or are we looking at the Hunt Brothers, Part II?

You complete me.

hm

I like the way you think.

NOE.jpg

Not really. It's just all this drama is so stupid. Brent's been pressing books for years. This step was only the natural progression of things.

If anything, I find the situation slightly amusing. Hey Alanis, here's a good definition of the word "ironic." Put that in a song.

Traffic jam when you're already late

A No Smoking sign on your cigarette break

It's like the Chairman of Nod, just pressin' them books

Or a Houston-based retailer with stunning good looks

Isn't it ironic, don't you think?

Roy,

i thought some pressings are detectable (shrug) at least to me as I go thru some of my raw books recently...some bends, spine rolls and creases were definitely flatten with something by someone/prior owners.

not that it mattered but I had or at least tried to disclose these books when I tried to sell them here.

Does anyone know when pressing started? I am just curious because I bought a lot of raw SA and BA between 2000 and 2003 so I am guessing pressing is already going on back then...I just didn't know about it until 2009.

Sal is about as good as a poster can get.

i think it's a brilliant strategy by NOD to start the process by which they may corner the pressing market

Diabolical.

and thus exact a small measure of control through their online image documenting service.

Key word 'small'.

Arent all old collection pressed to some degree. Being stacked in boxes and bags for 50 years and then being discovered? Isnt that amatuer pressing? Now what about bagging and boarding and stuff arent you artificially preseving and improving the books? So arent we restoing everything in a sense. Its time to collect stamps !!

Arent all old collection pressed to some degree. Being stacked in boxes and bags for 50 years and then being discovered? Isnt that amatuer pressing? Now what about bagging and boarding and stuff arent you artificially preseving and improving the books? So arent we restoing everything in a sense. Its time to collect stamps !!
Please. Just don't. Not here. Not now. Search is your friend.

Here we go...

I got called a "booger-flicker" by someone when I brought that up in my 1st pressing thread . . .

We all remember our first time. Some less fondly than others.

Please. Just don't. Not here. Not now. Search is your friend.

At least he didn't mention the Church books...oops