• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How in the world did this go unnoticed???

1,945 posts in this topic

Steve B, isn't it your position on books you have sold in this forum that you won't actively disclose if a book has been pressed or not?

What does that to do with anything?

Steve's position is that he doesn't know if the book has been pressed or not. It may have been pressed. It may not have been pressed.

Let's say Steve has thirty New Mutants 98s. He sends them in under a 9.8 pre-screen. Twenty come back 9.8s without being pressed. He sends the other ten off to get pressed and then re-submits them. He gets eight more 9.8s.

Steve's place looks like a comic bomb went off in it. All the New Mutants 98 9.8s get mixed together. He can't remember which ones have been pressed and which ones haven't. Therefore, the book may have been pressed or it may not have pressed. It isn't a matter of not actively disclosing.

My point is will he actively disclose if he knows a book has been pressed? I may be wrong but I got the impression that he couldn't be bothered.

That may be true, but it's his decision. If it bothers someone, then they have the option of not doing business with him. I think he made that quite clear as well.

Yeah that about says it all. I'd rather do business with Marnin any day of the week.

I wouldn't, but that's why they have chocolate and vanilla.

Brent will not be banished from the NOD for starting a pressing service. He did ask how us Board of Directors felt via telephone about this matter before going public with the service. He was given our blessing.

So, some, including you, are asking for his resignation from his position because of his absence and lack of participation?

I read the thread. You can spin it however you want, but Gary and Brad want him out because he is offering a pressing service. (and I have to believe that is your reason, as well) It's looks as if this issue of his absence was added just to have a legitimate reason to boot him.

Brent will not be banished from the NOD for starting a pressing service. He did ask how us Board of Directors felt via telephone about this matter before going public with the service. He was given our blessing.

So, some, including you, are asking for his resignation from his position because of his absence and lack of participation?

I read the thread. You can spin it however you want, but Gary and Brad want him out because he is offering a pressing service. (and I have to believe that is your reason, as well) It's looks as if this issue of his absence was added just to have a legitimate reason to boot him.

But how could his pressing service be an issue if the BOD gave him their blessing? Plus, how can you measure absence when something is on a voluntary basis to begin with? meh, what does it matter? I guess one excuse is as good as another.

There are a number of NOD members that are extremely anti-pressing.

There are a number of CGC Forum members that are extremely anti-pressing.

NOD, as an organization, is no more an anti-pressing network than this is an anti-pressing forum.

I have always wondered why if CGC doesn't consider pressing as restoration, then why include it as restoration in the label?

Case in point:

pressed.jpg

For those who can't read label....restoration includes: cover cleaned and PRESSED; cover reinforced.

Now, if CGC can identify pressing, then have them do so on all books submitted that are pressed.

Mike:

Gary's post does indicate that he is not happy with Brent's new service.

As far as I know, nobody else is condemming Brent for the pressing business. (That includes Brad and myself)

The issue of Brent's absence was not in any way added to have a legitimate reason to boot him.

Also, I don't recall anyone from NOD saying that he was going to be booted. Brent is an extremely smart man. His knowledge about comics is truly amazing.

how can you measure absence when something is on a voluntary basis to begin with?
A chairman of the boards is expected to be available on a regular basis to oversee and help make decisions.

I have always wondered why if CGC doesn't consider pressing as restoration, then why include it as restoration in the label?

Case in point:

pressed.jpg

For those who can't read label....restoration includes: cover cleaned and PRESSED; cover reinforced.

Now, if CGC can identify pressing, then have them do so on all books submitted that are pressed.

They didn't identify anything. Most restorers send a detailed description of what work was done to a book when they send it in to be graded.

Every book I have ever had restored by Matt had exactly on the header as what he told me he did. EXACTLY

Ok then, does Matt let cgc know if a book has been pressed and pressed only? My point is, if CGC doesn't care about pressing, then why allow the word to be associated with the restoration comments on the label?? To be consistent, CGC should be notified whenever a book is sent in thats pressed so they can include it on the label.

Ok then, does Matt let cgc know if a book has been pressed and pressed only? My point is, if CGC doesn't care about pressing, then why allow the word to be associated with the restoration comments on the label?? To be consistent, CGC should be notified whenever a book is sent in thats pressed so they can include it on the label.

Good question. I don't think he lets them know if it was just pressed. Only if it was pressed in conjunction with restoration. Ze-man can confirm I suppose