• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How in the world did this go unnoticed???

1,945 posts in this topic

However, I might add that I think CGC has become so paranoid where trimming is concerned that any book suspected of such gets a purple label.

And they're grading like they're on the rag with a limited supply of chocolate. :cry:

Well...just my submission, anyway.

Get your lame Marvel Graphic Novel back yet?

It's still sitting in a box at home. hm

:screwy:

However, I might add that I think CGC has become so paranoid where trimming is concerned that any book suspected of such gets a purple label.

And they're grading like they're on the rag with a limited supply of chocolate. :cry:

Well...just my submission, anyway.

Get your lame Marvel Graphic Novel back yet?

It's still sitting in a box at home. hm

:screwy:

I always forget about those. :cry:

So......what have we learned?

1. The same people that disliked pressing before still do.

2. The same people that liked pressing before still do.

3. There are good guys on both sides that have different and valid opinions on the subject.

And that the present leader of NOD presses books.

Which brings us right back to the beginning of this thread.

Where's Brent? I'd like hear his side of this. I want to know what he's doing to prevent the books he presses from being sold without disclosure. Do his customers have to sign some kind of disclosure agreement or something?

Brent?

Pressing Agreement:

By submitting your books to be pressed by Quality Comix, you agree to disclose the work that has been done whether the books are sold on Quality Comix, thru another online venue or privately.

3. There are good guys on both sides that have different and valid opinions on the subject.

Where's Brent? I'd like hear his side of this. I want to know what he's doing to prevent the books he presses from being sold without disclosure. Do his customers have to sign some kind of disclosure agreement or something?

Brent?

Pressing Agreement:

By submitting your books to be pressed by Quality Comix, you agree to disclose the work that has been done whether the books are sold on Quality Comix, thru another online venue or privately.

Thank You Brent great stuff :applause:

If anyone has unslabbed raw books that are currently 9.2s, and they improvable by pressing, I will pay you a premium for the all day long. I would certainly pay double 9.2 guide on many books.

My raw and unpressed 9.X's are worth far more to me than any presser could pay for them.

-slym

Brent?

Pressing Agreement:

Thank You Brent great stuff :applause:

...nevermind,... :/

Brent?

Pressing Agreement:

How do you plan on enforcing this?

Pressing Agreement:

How can this be done once you pressed the book, return it to the owner and the owner send it to CGC to be graded and he gets a blue label for his pancaked book ?

And what can you do if he (or the 3rd party selling) decides not to disclose ?

If anyone has unslabbed raw books that are currently 9.2s, and they improvable by pressing, I will pay you a premium for the all day long. I would certainly pay double 9.2 guide on many books.

My raw and unpressed 9.X's are worth far more to me than any presser could pay for them.

-slym

+1 :headbang:

Pressing Agreement:

How can this be done once you pressed the book, return it to the owner and the owner send it to CGC to be graded and he gets a blue label for his pancaked book ?

And what can you do if he (or the 3rd party selling) decides not to disclose ?

What happens if he only presses books that gets sent to CGC? Wouldn't he have the CGC label numbers?

Brent?

Pressing Agreement:

How did I plan on enforcing previously when selling books that we pressed and sold on the website before?

Answer: There is no way to enforce it nor is there any way for any NOD member or non-NOD member to enforce disclosure after the book is sold (or pressed).

Brent?

Pressing Agreement:

:applause:

I'm happy to see this, as it now makes the practice consistent with the stated goals of NOD. Making the customer aware of the need to disclose likewise furthers the goals of NOD, and is really about all that can be done. It's up to the ethics of the customers after that.

I'm happy to see this, as it now makes the practice consistent with the stated goals of NOD. Making the customer aware of the need to disclose likewise furthers the goals of NOD, and is really about all that can be done. It's up to the ethics of the customers after that.

How is it different from what is already the case here in the CGC Forum ? The sellers with ethic do disclose, the ones with no ethic do not disclose.

However, in today's imperfect world, if you need the money for whatever reason, (tragedy, birth, house, accident, medical bills, etc.), then it's up to you to do whatever you need to for yourself and your family. If that means maximizing what your collection will net you, then do it. And good luck to you.

....and if maximizing what my collection will net me, means trimming? Sure, some collectors won't like it but who cares about that? As long as I need the money for whatever reason, (tragedy, birth, house, accident, medical bills, etc.), If trimming was as undetectable as pressing, there would be plenty of people playing the crack, trim, resub game and calling those who didn't like it, purists, fanatics or whiners.

I'll make a leap here...

I reckon that micro-trimming and pressing are just as 'undetectable' as each other.

Undetectable is not the question.

How is it different from what is already the case here in the CGC Forum ? The sellers with ethic do disclose, the ones with no ethic do not disclose.

So? Whether or not Brent presses is not going to change that. The best you can hope for is that by requiring acknowledgement of the disclosure agreement, Brent may educate people who are unaware of the controversy, or perhaps :o change a few minds.

Brent?

Pressing Agreement:

What a silly question.

So? Whether or not Brent presses is not going to change that. The best you can hope for is that by requiring acknowledgement of the disclosure agreement, Brent may educate people who are unaware of the controversy, or perhaps :o change a few minds.

To me it's about educating the BUYERS of pressed books not the sellers who probably already knows about the controversy of passing off pressed books as books never manipulated in this manner.

If the seller is procuring the services of others who are the enablers they have probably already made up their mind of whether they care enough about the sellers to let them make their own choice of whether to buy a pressed book or not.

Enablers who provide this service to those not capable of doing it themselves also provide another layer of anonymity that encourages the person who gets the book pressed to not reveal it was done in order to maximize bidders and prices payed by duped buyers.

They are also significantly increasing the numbers of pressed books flooding the market compared to the number that reach the market from just entrepreneurial press owners that press their own books only.

Rather than just shoving a useless agreement in front of customers of Quality Comix's new pressing service that asks for voluntary acknowledgment of the use of the service shouldn't it be REQUIRED at the very least that the customer agrees to allow a scan of the book, its grade before and after, and the name of the customer be allowed to be published online to the public as part of the agreement to submit the book for this service?

Why pretend that you are trying to abide by the rules of "ethics" that NOD is suppose to represent with a window dressing agreement when you can give it teeth if you seriously want to educate comic collectors and not line pockets with $$ by helping those that would deceive rather than let potential buyers choose? hm

I see a high road and a low road here and a lot of people watching at the finish line for a winner who takes the right one. (shrug)

Brent?

Pressing Agreement:

He will call the police.