• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How in the world did this go unnoticed???

1,945 posts in this topic

I think even Nikki Sixx might like Lennon better.

:insane:

Nikki wrote that song when they were ending one of their first big tours. They were drugged out, strung out and tired and they couldn't wait to get home.

Personally, I was always a Paul McCartney kind of guy.

When they split, you knew Lennon was the better writer. Paul does rock, not saying he doesn't.

I can appreciate his genius, I just never loved his songwriting.

Paul is the godfather of simple, bright, catchy pop.

Lennon is the Socrates of pop.

I always gravitated towards the Beetles tunes that Paul had a heavy hand in (or at least to me sounded like he did).

Agree, but I am less into "pop".

George never got his due. Could not pump the songs out as fast.........

Sounds like we need a new thread 'Who's your favorite Beatle ?' .

In My Life, I am the Walrus, Strawberry Fields, A Day in the Life,.......

John Lennon was my favorite.

They complimented each other. None were greater... Both were great...and yes George was under -rated!!!! :cool:

Together, they were the were the best and at their best! :headbang:

Solo, I prefer John. (thumbs u

Pressing Service

Quality Comix is proud to announce it's new professional pressing service. Two tiers will be offered - Regular tier turnaround time is 2 weeks and Express tier turnaround time is only 3 business days! Along with having superior service and turnaround times, Quality Comix also offers the best pressing rates in the industry. Customers that wish to have their books pressed can log into their accounts to create a pressing invoice to be mailed with the comics that need a press. Our current pressing rates can be viewed by clicking here. Rates start at a LOW $10 for books printed after 1970. Books printed before 1970 start at only $20. Rates go up depending on service selected and value of book being submitted.

Two things I can't understand or fathom from this press release.

A:) The best rates in the business are also given by the same person that is the best presser in the business, they are $10.00 (and less) a book regardless of the era

and MORE IMPORTANTLY

Why the hell would the head of the NOD offer a pressing service? Is this not like the antigun lobby, handing over loaded weapons to people and not understanding when they fire them. Why would you offer the means so that people could sell the books undisclosed. Is it now acceptable because you got paid first???

I had nothing but respect for the NOD and their mission, but now I have lost total respect for the orginazation as a whole. Starting a company that presses books, and then heading an organization that is trying to stop pressed books from being sold undisclosed is a blatant conflict of interest.

What's next? Give heroin addicts needles to see if they'll start using again???

Jim

Oh, for Chrissakes!!

Its NoD..Network of Disclosure not the Network of Anti Pressing.

They will happily press and disclose as much. You misunderstand their mission statement apparently.

Does that make sense? Does it null your entire post?

Then ask Brent and Marnin why I was booted for basically doing the same thing.

Yeah Joe you were railroaded. While Marnin and Brent were campaigning the board to basically chase you out of the NOD Brent had to be working on his little business.

Untrue

I just want comics to tank for awhile. I collect books cause I like them, not value.

I like 'em too.

Everyone has a different interest. Just like in politics and business.

I just like the art and stories. The money is the negative IMO

...but you sell comics for a living...or at least used to.

(shrug)

Had to get money to buy books for my collection. Hate working to buy comics. And dont worry I am gearing up for a sales thread soon. Have about 25 boxes to move. :pullhair:

:popcorn:

Can someone PM me any info that they have that trimmed books are being submitted to [font:Arial Black]any[/font] site by Jason?

Not kidding. I really want to know. I hang in many circles of our hobby and have not heard anything that shows this is really happening. Have I missed a thread where this has been shown?

Thanks!

Steve "unaware" Borock :blush:

The rumor is that Ewert was seen publicly at a CLink auction "preview night" last year along with Brulato and others. And there is a Boardie who received a Ewert invoice that was inadvertantly left in his Clink shipment.

I've heard all this third hand and Boardies have been dropping hints and PMing this stuff for months. Why the people that have firsthand knowledge have not stepped forward publicly is beyond me. Either it's not true, or they fear repercussions.

(shrug)

My sense is this will get the thread to 1,500. lol

Pressing Service

Quality Comix is proud to announce it's new professional pressing service. Two tiers will be offered - Regular tier turnaround time is 2 weeks and Express tier turnaround time is only 3 business days! Along with having superior service and turnaround times, Quality Comix also offers the best pressing rates in the industry. Customers that wish to have their books pressed can log into their accounts to create a pressing invoice to be mailed with the comics that need a press. Our current pressing rates can be viewed by clicking here. Rates start at a LOW $10 for books printed after 1970. Books printed before 1970 start at only $20. Rates go up depending on service selected and value of book being submitted.

A:) The best rates in the business are also given by the same person that is the best presser in the business, they are $10.00 (and less) a book regardless of the era

and MORE IMPORTANTLY

Why the hell would the head of the NOD offer a pressing service? Is this not like the antigun lobby, handing over loaded weapons to people and not understanding when they fire them. Why would you offer the means so that people could sell the books undisclosed. Is it now acceptable because you got paid first???

I had nothing but respect for the NOD and their mission, but now I have lost total respect for the orginazation as a whole. Starting a company that presses books, and then heading an organization that is trying to stop pressed books from being sold undisclosed is a blatant conflict of interest.

Jim

Oh, for Chrissakes!!

They will happily press and disclose as much. You misunderstand their mission statement apparently.

Yeah Joe you were railroaded. While Marnin and Brent were campaigning the board to basically chase you out of the NOD Brent had to be working on his little business.

Untrue

I'm confused, you didn't campaign for Joey to leave, or you weren't pressing comics?

Not that I should be reading this thread, I promised myself not to...but it's like chocolate.

Pressing Service

and MORE IMPORTANTLY

Jim

Oh, for Chrissakes!!

Untrue

I'm confused, you didn't campaign for Joey to leave, or you weren't pressing comics?

Not that I should be reading this thread, I promised myself not to...but it's like chocolate.

If that's the case, it would have to be dark chocolate. :sick:

Pressing Service

and MORE IMPORTANTLY

Jim

Oh, for Chrissakes!!

Untrue

I didn't campaign for Joey to leave. I PMed Joey directly and I think we've cleared this up. I have great respect for him and his business. (thumbs u

Pressing Service

and MORE IMPORTANTLY

Jim

Oh, for Chrissakes!!

Untrue

I didn't campaign for Joey to leave. I PMed Joey directly and I think we've cleared this up. I have great respect for him and his business. (thumbs u

(thumbs u

The rumor is that Ewert was seen publicly at a CLink auction "preview night" last year along with Brulato and others. And there is a Boardie who received a Ewert invoice that was inadvertantly left in his Clink shipment.

I've heard all this third hand and Boardies have been dropping hints and PMing this stuff for months. Why the people that have firsthand knowledge have not stepped forward publicly is beyond me. Either it's not true, or they fear repercussions.

(shrug)

My sense is this will get the thread to 1,500. lol

Rumor or real, it certainly sounds more realistic than he was run out of the hobby and forever wanders alone down some highway to hell.

Think guys like Chucky R or Yee could be run off? Ewert seemed just as entrenched.

Pressing Service

and MORE IMPORTANTLY

Jim

Oh, for Chrissakes!!

Untrue

(thumbs u

Did you two make kissy azz noises and use graemlins like this <3 or this :luhv: ?

Pressing Service

and MORE IMPORTANTLY

Jim

Oh, for Chrissakes!!

Untrue

(thumbs u

Did you two make kissy azz noises and use graemlins like this <3 or this :luhv: ?

I'll let Brent answer this one.

Pressing Service

and MORE IMPORTANTLY

Jim

Oh, for Chrissakes!!

Untrue

(thumbs u

I'll let Brent answer this one.

I don't kiss and tell.

I don't kiss and tell.

Which one was the was the hook and which one was the loop in this Velcro relationship?

:sick:

I may have to start asking more questions...you lost me again :tonofbricks:

But I'm glad Brent and Joey gave each other man hugs;)

Unlike pressing, which once people were made aware of became accepted on a level unknown to trimmed books. Sure there was an initial shock because it was an unknown process to most everyone(myself included) but instead of people eventually treating pressed books as if they were trimmed, the exact opposite happened.

I'm sorry Kenny, but you're either being naive or disingenuous.

The main reason that people started thinking that pressing was okay was because CGC said it was okay, and even if they knew a book was pressed, they would give it a blue label (absent any other recognized form of restoration, of course).

No need to be sorry for being wrong Tim, it happens! j/k, I would still argue that even if CGC initially gave trimming the greenlight from the outset not nearly many people would be "onboard " with that gravy train, as there were with pressing. Maybe that's just because I didn't need CGC to tell me how I feel about trimming and pressing. I hate trimming, and don't mind pressing no matter how either might be labeled.

Like it or not, this speaks volumes. Even if it were possible to label pressed books as PRESSED people would still entertain buying them, unlike trimmed books.

I seriously doubt this. If CGC had begun PLOD-ing pressed books, the practice would have stopped dead in its tracks. Of this I'm 100% sure.

You mean "if" CGC labeled books that displayed damage that they thought was from improper pressing, right?

Just look at color touch. Because of the PLOD, and the fact that collectors weren't distinguishing all that much between levels or types of restoration that were getting a PLOD, color touch as a stand alone restoration technique has virtually stopped

I would agree with you that because of CGC's resto check, amatuer CT (like Hammer) has virtually stopped. But that is CT... you can pinpoint and label it. The same cannot be said for pressed books even if you were almost 100% sure a book was pressed, and believed pressing to be 100% resto.

Yes, there would still be people that pressed books to improve their appearance for their personal enjoyment, just like there are people that still get books restored to improve their appearance for their personal enjoyment. But the numbers would be a fraction of what they currently are, because the profit incentive would be gone.

I think what you would see is more a game of "what pressed books could people slip past CGC" and 100% Non disclosure from most everyone, generally speaking.

This post has way too mainy "if's" :kidaround: