• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How in the world did this go unnoticed???

1,945 posts in this topic

Not really...how could anyone in good conscience perform a service that they know only 10% of the books they work on will ever be sold with any type of disclosure? It's okay to let the other 90% go because you got paid first, so don't give me this Chrissakes BS.

Jim

Jim, your line of reasoning is illogical.

It's like saying that you are personally responsible for who you sell cardboard to because one day someone, somewhere might end up using one of your boxes to box up something illegal.

NOD has nothing to do with this.

If I knew 90% of the boxes I sold were going to be used for something other than their intended purpose and I was president of the boxes for their intended purpose club, I'd quit doing one of them.

Jim

I'd love you either way. Whether you were doing them or not.

:blush:

Pressing Service

Quality Comix is proud to announce it's new professional pressing service. Two tiers will be offered - Regular tier turnaround time is 2 weeks and Express tier turnaround time is only 3 business days! Along with having superior service and turnaround times, Quality Comix also offers the best pressing rates in the industry. Customers that wish to have their books pressed can log into their accounts to create a pressing invoice to be mailed with the comics that need a press. Our current pressing rates can be viewed by clicking here. Rates start at a LOW $10 for books printed after 1970. Books printed before 1970 start at only $20. Rates go up depending on service selected and value of book being submitted.

Two things I can't understand or fathom from this press release.

A:) The best rates in the business are also given by the same person that is the best presser in the business, they are $10.00 (and less) a book regardless of the era

and MORE IMPORTANTLY

Why the hell would the head of the NOD offer a pressing service? Is this not like the antigun lobby, handing over loaded weapons to people and not understanding when they fire them. Why would you offer the means so that people could sell the books undisclosed. Is it now acceptable because you got paid first???

I had nothing but respect for the NOD and their mission, but now I have lost total respect for the orginazation as a whole. Starting a company that presses books, and then heading an organization that is trying to stop pressed books from being sold undisclosed is a blatant conflict of interest.

What's next? Give heroin addicts needles to see if they'll start using again???

Jim

Oh, for Chrissakes!!

Its NoD..Network of Disclosure not the Network of Anti Pressing.

They will happily press and disclose as much. You misunderstand their mission statement apparently.

Does that make sense? Does it null your entire post?

Not really...how could anyone in good conscience perform a service that they know only 10% of the books they work on will ever be sold with any type of disclosure? It's okay to let the other 90% go because you got paid first, so don't give me this Chrissakes BS.

Jim

Me thinks you just dont like pressing. Which is ok.

But pressing is not restoration

NoD is disclosing

CGC doesnt care if its pressed, nor do I...so frankly I dont care if its disclosed or not.

All is right with the world.

Take your anti-pressing agenda and your soapbox and go away.

I thought the nod were ok with discloused pressing and that members could press books for others only if they had a legit biz. I don't think there is anything to read into here.......

.........though I bet, some of the nod members are busting a nut over this :baiting:

I also bet Marnin is losing it, first Susan start pressing books without doing restoration to them and now Brent..............

Steve, you're right on this. But Susan doesn't press without restoration currently. At least according to her website.

She has not got around to changing her website. I thought this was common knowledge........... (shrug)

Pressing Service

Quality Comix is proud to announce it's new professional pressing service. Two tiers will be offered - Regular tier turnaround time is 2 weeks and Express tier turnaround time is only 3 business days! Along with having superior service and turnaround times, Quality Comix also offers the best pressing rates in the industry. Customers that wish to have their books pressed can log into their accounts to create a pressing invoice to be mailed with the comics that need a press. Our current pressing rates can be viewed by clicking here. Rates start at a LOW $10 for books printed after 1970. Books printed before 1970 start at only $20. Rates go up depending on service selected and value of book being submitted.

Two things I can't understand or fathom from this press release.

A:) The best rates in the business are also given by the same person that is the best presser in the business, they are $10.00 (and less) a book regardless of the era

and MORE IMPORTANTLY

Why the hell would the head of the NOD offer a pressing service? Is this not like the antigun lobby, handing over loaded weapons to people and not understanding when they fire them. Why would you offer the means so that people could sell the books undisclosed. Is it now acceptable because you got paid first???

I had nothing but respect for the NOD and their mission, but now I have lost total respect for the orginazation as a whole. Starting a company that presses books, and then heading an organization that is trying to stop pressed books from being sold undisclosed is a blatant conflict of interest.

What's next? Give heroin addicts needles to see if they'll start using again???

Jim

Oh, for Chrissakes!!

Its NoD..Network of Disclosure not the Network of Anti Pressing.

They will happily press and disclose as much. You misunderstand their mission statement apparently.

Does that make sense? Does it null your entire post?

Then ask Brent and Marnin why I was booted for basically doing the same thing.

Ya know I have to say I can see Jims point. Where exactly is the line drawn for Disclosure?

Brent will openly disclose every book he sells that he knows to be pressed, but will not disclose books that HE himself pressed, that are later sold undisclosed by third parties?

I mean I get it..Brent is only responsible for himself..but as a member of NOD or worse yet the Chariman of NOD I would think this to be a HUGE conflict of interest, and a very slippery slope. It totally goes against everything I thought NOD was about, or at least thought NOD was about. Which was Full Disclosure.

Yet here is the Chairman pressing books as a service, disclosing those that affect only him... all the while hundreds of undisclosed pressed books are potentially making their way into the market because of his direct actions.

This is seriously messed up guys. In an engines full stop, 3 steps backwards kinda way.

But I admit I have not looked at Brents site, or seen if there any prerequisites to using his service.

I thought the nod were ok with discloused pressing and that members could press books for others only if they had a legit biz. I don't think there is anything to read into here.......

.........though I bet, some of the nod members are busting a nut over this :baiting:

I also bet Marnin is losing it, first Susan start pressing books without doing restoration to them and now Brent..............

Steve, you're right on this. But Susan doesn't press without restoration currently. At least according to her website.

She has not got around to changing her website. I thought this was common knowledge........... (shrug)

@$10 a pop? Who's the $10 "best in the business" presser? (shrug)

I would say I'm always the last one to know, but sometimes I never even find out! lol

Brent will openly disclose every book he sells that he knows to be pressed, but will not disclose books that HE himself pressed, that are later sold undisclosed by third parties?
Don't forget that members of NOD who press for others have certain requirements including:

Members who provide these services must maintain a database of certificate numbers corresponding to each customer's name, the date services were performed, and before and after high-resolution digital images of the front and rear cover of each book.

@$10 a pop? Who's the $10 "best in the business" presser? (shrug)

I would say I'm always the last one to know, but sometimes I never even find out! lol

:hi:

Really Kenny?

Isn't that a little like saying you shouldn't restore books because someone might sell the book with undisclosed resto?

I don't see why his position within NOD has anything to with it.

They are not against pressing they are pro disclosure.

I see your line of reasoning, it's just a very slippery slope in and of itself.

Joey, I forget the details but didn't it have to do with the level of professionalism...and that doesn't mean that you were not good at it, but rather that you weren't doing it for a profession at the time with a legit business plan or within a legitimate business.

Forgive me if I'm wrong.

Ya know I have to say I can see Jims point. Where exactly is the line drawn for Disclosure?

I mean I get it..Brent is only responsible for himself..but as a member of NOD or worse yet the Chariman of NOD I would think this to be a HUGE conflict of interest, and a very slippery slope. It totally goes against everything I thought NOD was about, or at least thought NOD was about. Which was Full Disclosure.

Yet here is the Chairman pressing books as a service, disclosing those that affect only him... all the while hundreds of undisclosed pressed books are potentially making their way into the market because of his direct actions.

This is seriously messed up guys. In an engines full stop, 3 steps backwards kinda way.

But I admit I have not looked at Brents site, or seen if there any prerequisites to using his service.

Thank you Kenny, it never was a question about pressing the books it was about a conflict of interest.

Jim

Thank you Kenny, it never was a question about pressing the books it was about a conflict of interest.

Jim

On that note, how did you feel about PCS? The same, different?

Joey, I forget the details but didn't it have to do with the level of professionalism...and that doesn't mean that you were not good at it, but rather that you weren't doing it for a profession at the time with a legit business plan or within a legitimate business.

Forgive me if I'm wrong.

You are 50-50 on this one Roy.

Really Kenny?

Isn't that a little like saying you shouldn't restore books because someone might sell the book with undisclosed resto?

I don't see why his position within NOD has anything to with it.

They are not against pressing they are pro disclosure.

I see your line of reasoning, it's just a very slippery slope in and of itself.

Not really like it at all Roy.

While we may restore books that people later sell as unrestored. We are not the Chairman of an anti resto group.(not that NOD is all about anti pressing,but it is a huge part of it. ) edit..By this I meant Matt and I did not create a group similar to NOD, only to offer a service that was in direct conflict with our groups bottom line.

See the difference?

I just thought it was a little more then odd that it is ok for him to press books that people will later sell undisclosed. When the core of their entire foundation is about Full Disclosure.

At least it is odd to me.

Jim

I say this a little tongue in cheek, so I hope Kenny takes it this way. But, we really shouldn't listen to anything Kenny says on the subject either since Brent is now a direct competitor of Matt, Kenny's employer.

The best rates in the business are also given by the same person that is the best presser in the business, they are $10.00 (and less) a book regardless of the era

Name & email address, please?

gator... gatorpressing@squashit.com

Gator cursed. :insane: