• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How in the world did this go unnoticed???

1,945 posts in this topic

This is exactly the thread I've been looking for all day.

:popcorn:

Your welcome. lol:whee:

(btw, would love to see your Canadian variant list to start to match up with mine, especially at the back end.)

Unless Brent mandates that his customers practice Pro-Actice Disclosure.....it's a conflict of interest.

The NOD requires before/after scans. Will Brent 'out' the books he pressed if they hit the market without disclosure?

makeitstop.jpg

Oh, no, this is awesome.

A circlejerk if there ever was one. The head of NOD, an organization that has spent the last three years lighting people on fire for pressing is now pressing? Too rich. lol

Thank you Dan, I'm glad you get is as well :foryou:

Jim

I actually agree, but felt it was my duty to throw my trademarked "Make it Stop" jpg up since my other trademarked "Not this again" graphic had been deployed. lol

This one really is rich, and I have nothing against Brent or Mark or the NOD, etc.,. but to say that Marnin and Mark & company didn't start NOD b/c of pressing just doesn't fly. Speaking of pressing, unlike CGC where no viable competitor ever emerged, it appears the same can't be said for pressing. hm

(btw, would love to see your Canadian variant list to start to match up with mine, especially at the back end.)

My welcome, indeed.

Which list...? I think we've made like 30 of them, in various forums...

lol

You're welcome.

You're welcome.

I did it on purpose. doh! Search for "Your Welcome".

Right now, at various facilities around the globe, comic books are being pressed that will be sold and resold time and again, most frequently without either the buyer or the seller having any knowledge of this dastardly practice.

Right now, at various facilities around the globe, comic books are being pressed that will be sold and resold time and again, most frequently without either the buyer or the seller having any knowledge of this dastardly practice.

You don't say.

I'm going to start a new service, it's call KISS your Comics.

All comics will be kissed before they are transfered to other owners. Those who prefer the person kissing wear lipstick will be accomodated with a choice of color...

Not too many colors and no black;)

KISS your COMICS will prove the comic books you own are well loved and well adjusted:)

Certificates upon request:) :acclaim:

lol

You're right, of course, but for the entire existence of NOD, they've been screaming about how pressing destroys a book. The irony is just rich.

To be fair, Brent has been disclosing pressing from the get go.

Brent has, but the membership of NOD is made of of people who at the mere thought of pressing a book get out the torches and the pitchforks. I'm sorry, its just rich.

It's funny, and I'm sure it infuriates some members, but I don't think anti pressing was really ever the agenda for the organization as a whole. I think it was just a strong view point for a few (whatever percentage that is) members.

I do see the humor in it, but only because I understand what has been going on through the organization since it's inception.

People on the outside may not see it because the whole focal point of the operation was pro disclosure. It just seems to be that many people who don't like the organization (or some of the people within it) have tried to color them as anti pressing.

Sincerely, no offense to those members that are not anti-pressing and think with a level head, but the orginization painted that picture of itself early on, and many of the members have continued to do so to this day. I'll bet there is already a storm brewing over on the NOD message boards as we speak.

You don't say.

FlyingDonut,

Your avatar makes me laugh every time I see it. lol

You don't say.

:o

You're welcome.

I did it on purpose. doh! Search for "Your Welcome".

I remember that guy lol Didn't he also introduce "Go pound sand" into our vernacular?

I'm going to start a new service, it's call KISS your Comics.

All comics will be kissed before they are transfered to other owners. Those who prefer the person kissing wear lipstick will be accomodated with a choice of color...

Not too many colors and no black;)

KISS your COMICS will prove the comic books you own are well loved and well adjusted:)

Certificates upon request:) :acclaim:

paypal addy?

People need to buy your raw, unpressed gems before they are sent off to the lazarus chamber to be rejuvenated.

People need to buy your raw, unpressed gems before they are sent off to the lazarus chamber to be rejuvenated.

I think KoR just dropped a DC reference!