• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHOCK SUSPENSTORIES & WEIRD SCIENCE RUSS COCHRANE HARDCOVER SLIPCASE SETS

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys. Just 2 items here. Hardcover slipcase sets for Shock Suspenstories & Weird Science published by Russ Cochran in 1980. These sets are oversized and were printed in B & W directly from the original art. Features covers from every issue. Really fantastic sets and they are pretty tough to find. It is great to see the talent of these fantastic artists exactly as they were original created.

:takeit: rules. Shipping will be near exact and dependent upon the service chosen and your location.

the Complete Shock Suspenstories #1 - 18 - $90 (I recently sold one of these sets on ebay for $125)

Condition of the volumes is excellent, slipcase has some light wear at corners and edges.

326664195_o.jpg

326663745_o.jpg

326663882_o.jpg

326663981_o.jpg

326664078_o.jpg

Is the inside of an actual 1950's shock suspenstories comic book printed in B&W? Just the cover color?

Read the first post...

"Hardcover slipcase sets for Shock Suspenstories & Weird Science published by Russ Cochran in 1980. These sets are oversized and were printed in B & W directly from the original art."

Is the inside of an actual 1950's shock suspenstories comic book printed in B&W? Just the cover color?

Read the first post...

"Hardcover slipcase sets for Shock Suspenstories & Weird Science published by Russ Cochran in 1980. These sets are oversized and were printed in B & W directly from the original art."

I did read the first post... but I'm still curious as to if the inside of the ORIGINAL EC SHOCK SUSPENSTORIES BOOKS are in Black and white... or if it was reprinted in black and white for this 1980 set...

Read the first post...

I did read the first post... but I'm still curious as to if the inside of the ORIGINAL EC SHOCK SUSPENSTORIES BOOKS are in Black and white... or if it was reprinted in black and white for this 1980 set...

Nope, all original E.C.s were published in color. These slipcase reprint editions are larger and are excellently reproduced, nevertheless. I would've had a set of all of them, but shipping to the U.K. for each of these is pricey.

These are beautiful books and highly recommended.

I put together a complete run back in the 80s, starting with the Weird Science set and keeping up as new sets were published.

Like Dale says, the reproduction is superb, clearly showing much of the fine detail present in the original artwork.

Hey guys. Just 2 items here. Hardcover slipcase sets for Shock Suspenstories & Weird Science published by Russ Cochran in 1980. These sets are oversized and were printed in B & W directly from the original art. Features covers from every issue. Really fantastic sets and they are pretty tough to find. It is great to see the talent of these fantastic artists exactly as they were original created.

:takeit: rules. Shipping will be near exact and dependent upon the service chosen and your location.

the Complete Shock Suspenstories #1 - 18 - $90 (I recently sold one of these sets on ebay for $125)

Condition of the volumes is excellent, slipcase has some light wear at corners and edges.

326664195_o.jpg

326663745_o.jpg

326663882_o.jpg

326663981_o.jpg

326664078_o.jpg

This one is still available.

326664195_o.jpg

326663745_o.jpg

326663882_o.jpg

326663981_o.jpg

326664078_o.jpg

This one is still available.

Thread closes later today.