• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS-Tec 395, Cap 111, ToS 94, Cap Marv. 27,28,31, Warlock 15, DC horror--REDUCED!

38 posts in this topic

:news:1/18/2010 -- SEE PAGE 4 FOR AN UPDATED LIST OF REMAINING BOOKS & FINAL PRICE REDUCTIONS!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all...I listed most of these books some time ago in lots; I'm now offering them individually. I will also be re-listing a large DC horror lot at a reduced price.

Shipping in the U.S. is FREE for all books in this thread; shipping to Canada or overseas is a flat rate of $10 for up to 5 comics.

As usual, :takeit: rules, and PayPal is strongly preferred.

Thanks for looking!

-Mike

Detective Comics #395: Looks and feels high grade, but the bottom staple is popped. :frustrated: Still, it's a VERY sharp copy of an underrated Bronze Age DC key (and also one of my favorite Batman comics of all time!). Great, great stuff from the legendary team of O'Neil and Adams (their first collaboration).

$40 shipped in the US.

:news: $38 shipped in the US

ON HOLD

DETECTIVE395-a.jpg

DETECTIVE395-b.jpg

Tales of Suspense #94: I bought this from our own divad a year or more ago. It's a beautiful copy with a high structural grade, rich cover colors, and bright, reflective inks. But, there's a small tape pull on the front cover near Sharon Carter's face/arm. This is a tough one to grade, so let's just call it "higher grade with a...distraction"! :grin:

$40 shipped in the US.

SOLD!!!

TOS94.jpg

Tales of Suspense #94: I bought this from our own divad a year or more ago. It's a beautiful copy with a high structural grade, rich cover colors, and bright, reflective inks. But, there's a small tape pull on the front cover near Sharon Carter's face/arm. This is a tough one to grade, so let's just call it "higher grade with a...distraction"! :grin:

$40 shipped in the US.

TOS94.jpg

:takeit: what the hell....i need it

Captain America #111: Steranko's best Cap cover, and a stunning interior story, too. I'm calling this one a Fine++ due to a dust shadow along the right-hand edge of the fc (the scan makes it look worse than it is in hand), and what appears to me to be a small production defect on the lower right-hand corner of the front cover and first several pages (a small amount of paper is missing, which looks very much to me like it was notched off by a trimming component of the web press). The book actually looks and feels nicer than the technical grade: flat and clean with tight staples, great interior paper, and minimal spine wear.

$20 shipped in the US.

SOLD!!!

CAP111.jpg

$40 shipped in the US.

(thumbs u All yours, thanks!

Detective Comics #395: Looks and feels high grade, but the bottom staple is popped. :frustrated: Still, it's a VERY sharp copy of an underrated Bronze Age DC key (and also one of my favorite Batman comics of all time!). Great, great stuff from the legendary team of O'Neil and Adams (their first collaboration).

$40 shipped in the US.

DETECTIVE395-a.jpg

DETECTIVE395-b.jpg

Be surprised if that one lasts long.

Captain America #111: Steranko's best Cap cover, and a stunning interior story, too. I'm calling this one a Fine++ due to a dust shadow along the right-hand edge of the fc (the scan makes it look worse than it is in hand), and what appears to me to be a small production defect on the lower right-hand corner of the front cover and first several pages (a small amount of paper is missing, which looks very much to me like it was notched off by a trimming component of the web press). The book actually looks and feels nicer than the technical grade: flat and clean with tight staples, great interior paper, and minimal spine wear.

$20 shipped in the US.

CAP111.jpg

Sweet book. :takeit:

$40 shipped in the US.

TOS94.jpg

btw, that is an extremely nice copy (but for the tape pull) - you will be very pleased with this OO tomato boxer :)

$20 shipped in the US.

(thumbs u You got it, thanks!

$20 shipped in the US.

CAP111.jpg

:cry: I go outside for a smoke and miss it. man I need to quit!!!

$40 shipped in the US.

btw, that is an extremely nice copy (but for the tape pull) - you will be very pleased with this OO tomato boxer :)

Agreed. I lucked into a fairly nice copy locally a month or so ago. If not, the "tomato boxer" would still be mine. The cover inks are truly amazing...my scan doesn't do it justice.

And now...a few very respectable examples of some of THE best superhero comics of the '70s, with stories and art by the great Jim Starlin. I recently upgraded these, so I'm hoping they find a good home...

Captain Marvel #27 -- Starlin's Thanos saga really begins here! This one is VF-/VF (looks more like VF/NM or better, but there's a very small nick on the spine near CM's leg in the logo area).

$18 shipped in the US.

:news:$15 shipped in the US.

CAP-MARV27.jpg

$40 shipped in the US.

Agreed. I lucked into a fairly nice copy locally a month or so ago. If not, the "tomato boxer" would still be mine. The cover inks are truly amazing...my scan doesn't do it justice.

ill keep you updated when i sub it