• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ben Bowie and his mountain men?

5 posts in this topic

Hey there guys -

I don't venture into the Gold forum that often (hope all is well in your neck of the woods :hi: ) but I have some questions that hopefully some of you gents can enlighten me on.

I picked up a copy of "Ben Bowie and his mountain men" the other day at an antique shop with my Wife. I have to say it was a fun read! After doing some research on the series I am a bit puzzled on some matters. (shrug)

Does the series start at #7 and end at #17?

Was his first appearance in Four Colors #443?

Were his only other appearances in Four Colors #513, #557, #599, #626 and #657?

Much obliged for any info that can be given.

Regards,

Eric

Dell used the four color series as a tryout, and if something clicked they continued on counting the four colors in the numbering. Of course they weren't always consistent.

So this is Ben Bowie #1

443.jpg

511.jpg

626.jpg

657.jpg

Does the series start at #7 and end at #17?

Was his first appearance in Four Colors #443?

Were his only other appearances in Four Colors #513, #557, #599, #626 and #657?

Hi Eric,

seems like you've figured it all on your own.

Yes, first apperance is # 443 as shown by Monte and then the other issues you mentioned and then the series spun off to its own numbering with the next issue, # 7 and ended at # 17.

There are cases where the series started as a Four Color, spun off to its own title and then finished yet again under the Four Color umbrella (which is not the case for Ben Bowie).