• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WW Toronto Comic Con, March 26-28, 2010, Direct Energy Centre

126 posts in this topic

Apparently there are some great dealers coming up to Toronto who have not been up in years. Bob Storms of High Grade Comics, Ted Vanliew from Superworld, Stephen Ritter and Matt Nelson of Worldwide Comics. CGC will also be attending to take submissions. A few others possible as well.

It's being held at the Canadian Exhibition grounds.

Anybody going to this?

Apparently there are some great dealers coming up to Toronto who have not been up in years. Bob Storms of High Grade Comics, Ted Vanliew from Superworld, Stephen Ritter and Matt Nelson of Worldwide Comics. CGC will also be attending to take submissions. A few others possible as well.

It's being held at the Canadian Exhibition grounds.

Anybody going to this?

I know i'll be there I know Superworld always has stuff to pick up (thumbs u

I want to do this show. Just trying to figure out the whole customs and exchange rate stuff.

Jeff

Customs can be a real pain. I'd get in touch with someone who's done it so you know what to expect.

Glad to see you might be coming!

I've heard rumblings of another couple great dealers also. Even with the current list, it's going to be something for sure.

I'm excited about this one and am really looking forward to it. Best part is-- I live easy walking distance from it! w00t

-Rob-

I want to do this show. Just trying to figure out the whole customs and exchange rate stuff.

Jeff

Exchange won't be a problem as the Cdn loonie is almost at par with US greenback again, but how long will this last?

Main problem is the gst tax deposit USA dealers are supposed to leave at the border before they can enter Canada. e.g. $100,000 inventory mean $5,000 gst just to enter the country before a single retail sale. The pain comes when you need to keep detailed receipts of all your sales to Canadian collectors at the comicon. Then you apply for a gst credit when you cross back into USA homeland.

Else USA vendors would have a 5% cost advantage over Canadian vendors. Welcome to free trade. doh!

I have been looking forward to this show for a while (well since it was announced). The Fan Expo shows are great and I will continue to go to them but there are people coming to this one (CGC, Worldwide) that haven't been here for a while.

I have to agree! Toronto is a huge market and while I am sure the organizers would rather their be no competition from a buyers perspective it is fantastic. The FanExpo shows have been fantastic but I did miss the Paradise shows and I am glad they are (kind of) back!

I asked this question in another forum but since this is a more interested audience I will ask again. Will anyone be purchasing the VIP packages?

The FanExpo shows have been fantastic but I did miss the Paradise shows and I am glad they are (kind of) back!

The big Fan Expo shows are great if you like entertainment and media but a vintage comic show they are not.

I'm really excited about the big selection at the Wizard World show. Can't wait!

Any out of town boardies coming up?

I few years ago I made mention of trying to organize something to have a boardie contingent from south of the border come up. This would be the show to do it for.

Any interest out there?

This should be THE comic show in Toronto this year!!!

I'm really looking forward to it, and god willing somebody hook Barb and I up where we get to have a dinner with Eliza Dushku :cloud9:

Jim

I'm stoked to see Eliza too but, I'm still hoping they flesh out the comic guest list a little bit and THE comic book show of the year is, objectively, just a bit of a stretch. They're only brinigng three decent international creators so far. I mean Simone, Jimenez and Granov are great but I'm surprised we're not even seeing artists that had typically attended many Wizard shows in the past (J.G. Jones, Brian Azzarello, etc.). I thought by going so early in the calendar and being Wizard's first 2010 show they'd really bring the heavy-hitters but so far, it's been pretty much :whatev:

I'm really hoping this is just the beginning of the guestlist. Great dealer's are nice, but I typically spend more of my precious convention dollars with artists and creators. So, I hope they can bring in a few people Toronto hasn't seen in awhlie.

2c

I can't comment much on the guest list because I never really pay much attention to non vintage stuff so I think you'll always have different perspectives on what makes a good show, but as far as vintage comic material this one will likely be the best show we've seen in a few years in the Toronto area.

I might even stand in a few lines for autographs this time, especially Eliza and the Buck Rogers actors but I have no love for the wrestling side of the con.

I stopped going to Maple Leaf Gardens in the '70's to watch that fake sideshow antics when I grew up .

Anyone know if Lou Ferrigno is coming? I'd love to snap a free shot of him turning green :)