• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Comics (2-4-04). What should I avoid and what should I pick up?

60 posts in this topic

Nope, never read it, but I'm excited to. I'll keep you posted. thumbsup2.gif

OldGuy, in addition to Gaiman's fantastic storytelling, you'll also really appreciate Kelly Jones' Bernie Wrightson riffs beginning in #16 or #17. "A Dream of Cats" seems like a direct homage to one of Bernie's first House of Mystery gigs!

Y the Last Man is a fantastic read.

Y was wild this week! 893whatthe.gif

Hope nobody in the shops was fooled by the Wizard of Oz cover-- this one's seriously adults-only.

I can't wait to read it. Picked it up yesterday, but didn't get to it last night. The cover was pretty sweet, but knowing what I do from the end of last issue, I didn't figure this would be for the kiddies.

Chris

Bought USM #53, Capt. America/Wolverine #1, and Uncanny X-men (forget what number) yesterday and wasn't disappointed by any. I actually didn't like the current story arc in Uncanny, but I guess it is starting to grow on me. CA/Wolvie #1 was awesome and reminds me of the good stories currently found in the Avengers. USM #53 was very good as well.

"Spoiler Alert"

Was the Kingpin's wife injured in an earlier issue? Sort of like what happened in the regular Marvel Universe Frank Miller DD run when a building collapsed on her.

hey,Jim

Do you ever run across the German reprints from the mid-90s of Daredevil 1 and Avengers1.they look like the originals but are in German.

Kudo's in advance for 2000 posts and no strikes. For a conservative who hangs out on the WC, thats almost unheard of. thumbsup2.gif

Do you ever run across the German reprints from the mid-90s of Daredevil 1 and Avengers1.they look like the originals but are in German.

No....but I really haven't been looking for them either. Do you want me to look for you?

Kudo's in advance for 2000 posts and no strikes. For a conservative who hangs out on the WC, thats almost unheard of. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks! Though I probably deserved a strike after getting into one of the arguments with Blackie or when I humiliated MMMarvel....

2000 posts? I need to get out more..... smirk.gif

Jim

Thanks Jim - I'm always looking for those German Danger Girls smile.gif

Sharoch is right about those reprints from 2000 - I had one German reprint for a Hulk 181 and it looked gorgeous!

Happy Hunting! and bring your Silver X-men and ASM this time...

Happy Hunting! and bring your Silver X-men and ASM this time...

Not this time....it's strictly a run-in, see what they got, and go trip. Have my son's birthday party to run in the afternoon. Got to have your priorities..... thumbsup2.gif

Next set-up is March in Mannheim again but at a strictly comics show...... smile.gif

Jim

Sorry to break up the cornering of the German market....

Picked up my weekly books this morning and finished reading them this afternoon.

Y The Last Man : 893whatthe.gif This book just keep getting better and better...as well as weirder and weirder.

Runaways : thumbsup2.gif A C&D appearance that actually looked good for once.

USM : popcorn.gif

Sorry for the interuption, now back to the program previously in progress.

Sorry to break up the cornering of the German market....

Picked up my weekly books this morning and finished reading them this afternoon.

Y The Last Man : 893whatthe.gif This book just keep getting better and better...as well as weirder and weirder.

Runaways : thumbsup2.gif A C&D appearance that actually looked good for once.

USM : popcorn.gif

Sorry for the interuption, now back to the program previously in progress.

Y-The Last Man: Yeah, I read it. So? You wanna fight about it? It was okay... a little over-the-top in terms of character development, I would think, but we'll see where it goes.

Runaways: What's up with the new artist?!?!!? No. No no nonononono.

USM: 893naughty-thumb.gif Never touch it.

Are'nt you supposed to be dead? confused.gif

Don't tell me that Marvel bought the rights to you and is doing yet another retcon. 893frustrated.gif

No! It's good! I swear! As it turns out, it was a clone of an alien symbiote from a parallel earth that died! See, YOUR MajorKhaos is fine!

Please kill me.

Well it was 5 Euros....with conversion about $6.50 US. It was also the only copy at the show. Loads of issues before and after. Maybe they're on to the cover artist? As far as your Danger Girls, we need to talk. There are many many #1s of this issue available in German. You don't by chance have scans? I believe I came across what you're looking for but wasn't going to buy unless I was sure.....

Jim