• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you hate "CGC Ready" and "CGC It" Spammers Read This!

54 posts in this topic

Hey dude,

Why are you picking on this guy. I purchased 2 of his auctions and the books were better than he stated. Who gives a [!@#%^&^] if he says CGC ready? All I care about is the quality of his books.

Looks like you need to get laid dude instead of looking for some stupid hype to talk about.

Chill out dude.

Hi Abe!! hi.gif

Hey Rob,

I see that you are a dealer on EBAY. You pick on this haytruck dude because his comics blows you away or what? Who you going to pick on next? ShowcaseNewEngland? You are the geek of the week Dude..At least the guy has decent scans of all his auctions, what's your excuse.

Mark

No, I think we're "picking" on haytruck because his auctions are in clear violation of eBay's "keyword spamming" rules, and because his auction listings are, to put it mildly, off the wall. This is a direct quote from his auction auction for 135 Millie the Model books:

"The total retail value on these comics guides at $4050.00. However, this collection will be worth well over $12,0000 once it gets CGC Certified."

I was considering buying it, just to see what he'd have to do if I got them all CGCd and the books didn't sell for $12K.

And, I deal on eBay all the time, and here's my scan:

ff54.jpg

and I'm not gay, so please think of some other witty comeback.

Hey Rob,

Have you ever tried to get Ebay to give a good reason as to why they don't pull this [!@#%^&^]? It should count as a violation of their spamming rules. Any powersellers here that have tried asking about this since you have a real live person to talk to on ebay? I reported a bunch of auctions on a few occasions and they were never pulled so I gave up.

At least the guy has decent scans of all his auctions, what's your excuse.

Huh? This is one of my scans, what's wrong with this?

dd156.jpg

I guess you're talking about the lots of readers that I'm selling? I normally don't bother with detailed scans of VG books that I'm offering at 5 or 6 for $2 just so that I can get them out of my house and into the hands of someone that will enjoy them.

As for the rest of your comments, other people have explained the problems we all have with this guy's auctions. If you're just looking for an argument, there are plenty of people around here that will get into it with you, I'm not one of them.

Have a good one.

I exchanged a couple emails with Abe concerning a return policy if the book did not grade as promised. In this case, I inquired about the Doctor Strange #1. He asked in his last email that I pass this along to the forum:

If you check my feedback it speaks for itself. If you want to pay 10 times for

a CGC book then go right ahead. My comics are quality books at an affordable

price that can be sent to CGC for a huge profit once graded by them. Please

make sure that you run this by the forum also.

Abe

Here is our exchange on the return policy:

I was doing my usual CGC search and stumbled across your Doctor Strange books. I would like very much to have a copy of Doctor Strange #1 in CGC 9.0. Do you guarantee your grade? In other words, if I submit the book and it comes back an 8.0 or 8.5 will you refund my money? I would of course return the book first.

Thank you.

Abe's response:

Please read all terms and conditions of the auctions before submitting questions in reference to refunds.

Sincerely,

Abe

Your's truly:

I did read the terms. You state - This comic is a VF/NM 9.0 CGC Ready for certification copy!!!! that is a rather bold statement so I looked for a return

policy and found this instead: "Postage and Insurance will be calculated once

auction is over!" There is no mention in the Payment Instructions & Return

Policy field as to whether or not you are confident enough in your grading skills

to guarantee CGC 9.0. Do you offer a return policy? I would like very much to have a CGC 9.0 Doctor Strange #1.

Thank you.

and Abe's response:

All sales final is clearly stated, please read

thank you

Abe

27_laughing.gif

Honestly, Abe was rather polite in his emails. Very direct, but polite. I made an attempt to not harass him and I think I succeeded.

I am always surprised by people who openly promote a CGC grade on a raw book. Mainly because CGC has not made their grading criteria public knowledge.

I meant what I said in another thread about not buying form any seller who does the "CGC ready" or "CGC It" thing. Abe's auctions are actually shocking because of the investment opportunity he promotes. That is just incredible to me.

As a side note, I got a real kick out of reading DC's current Titans book. Seeing a school principal call Wonder Woman Ms. Sandsmark (sp?) a few issues back made me laugh! I think it was issue 3. I'll have to look later today.

27_laughing.gif

As a side note, I got a real kick out of reading DC's current Titans book. Seeing a school principal call Wonder Woman Ms. Sandsmark (sp?) a few issues back made me laugh! I think it was issue 3. I'll have to look later today.

It must've been Wonder Girl, not Wonder Woman. Young Cassie is my namesake. The funniest one I ever read was when the writer got her mother's name wrong, and called Helena Sandsmark: "Joanna". No one caught it at DC and the readers started crying about continuity ("Is her name changing or something? Why did you call her Joanna?").

-- Joanna

I just won a bunch from him in January this year...

CHILI #17 Very Rare / Fine-VF 7.0 CGC Ready! 2215804889

Combat Kelly #1 NM-9.2 CGC Ready & Rare!!! 2216258140

Cerberus #1 / RARE NM/MINT Copy 2215839603

MY LOVE SPECIAL #1 / RARE MID GRADE COPY!! 2216350393

Chile #1 7.0 CGC Ready Rare Comic!!! 2216351209

Punisher meets Archie #1 VF/ Scarce Comic 2217263476

confused-smiley-013.gif

At least the guy has decent scans of all his auctions, what's your excuse.

Huh? This is one of my scans, what's wrong with this?

dd156.jpg

I guess you're talking about the lots of readers that I'm selling? I normally don't bother with detailed scans of VG books that I'm offering at 5 or 6 for $2 just so that I can get them out of my house and into the hands of someone that will enjoy them.

Man, I finally looked at one of your auctions ("your" since we've all decided that you're thehaytruck) and I'm totally flabbergasted. I can't believe you had the nerve to complain about my scans when the ebay default is all you provide...

382468-ae_1.jpg

382468-ae_1.jpg.5b0e90be2327f86108bc99f257a6bd63.jpg

Rob, you forget...There's no need for detailed scans, as these books are guaranteed to be the grade stated. This man has graded books for thirty-five years, is obviously the only dealer outside of CGC that knows their grading criteria inside-out, and is, in addition, omnipotent.

Now, why would ya need a scan?

I like this auction the best:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=75&item=2216259453

Neutral: Description was overenthusiastic. Browning on cover edge makes book grade lower Buyer avwrobel( 218) Jan-24-04 15:43 2216259453

Reply by thehaytruck: Description CLEARLY STATED BROWNING ON PAGES!!!! Please read before accusing!!!! Jan-24-04 15:53

Uhh, does anyone see where it "clearly states" that there is browning on pages??? confused-smiley-013.gif