• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay's 2010 price changes - for anyone who still sells things...

62 posts in this topic

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/FeeUpdate2010.html

List up to 100 items under $1 for free (no insertion fee)

Overall lowered insertion fees on other items (no distinction between books/movies and the rest of the world)

FVF locked at 9% no matter the ending price ($50 max)

Store owners basically get hosed...

Ya gotta love it!

Larry

Overall lowered insertion fees on other items (no distinction between books/movies and the rest of the world)

Ya gotta love it!

Larry

I take it that doesn`t include the paypal fee?

Doesn't this kind of refute the argument that many people had that Ebay was moving toward favoring high volume storefront sellers?

No, the high volume guys will still get the free listings, it's the SMALL store owners they're getting rid of.

Ya gotta love it!

Larry

I love a good ebay bashing as much as the next guy, but can you please elaborate as to why this is a bad thing?

The main problem with having a store right now is the lack of visibility - most of the time your listings aren't being shown when users search for specific items (the users have to click to see store listings) - but going forward store listings will be a part of the regular search results. As an ebay store owner I'm pretty happy about that change.

The main problem with having a store right now is the lack of visibility - most of the time your listings aren't being shown when users search for specific items (the users have to click to see store listings) - but going forward store listings will be a part of the regular search results. As an ebay store owner I'm pretty happy about that change.

But there are no more Stores on EBay - you will be paying 20-cents a listing minimum for a Fixed Price listing. There are no more store listings.

"Starting March 30, eBay will offer one Fixed Price format with full search exposure. Existing Store Inventory Format listings will automatically become regular Fixed Price listings."

Why is eBay discontinuing the Store Inventory Format?

Having one Fixed Price format will optimize exposure for all your listings and simplify search results for buyers. It will also provide buyers with a wider selection of the most relevant inventory from trusted sellers.

Ya gotta love it!

Larry

I love a good ebay bashing as much as the next guy, but can you please elaborate as to why this is a bad thing?

If you have a $15/month basic store, the insertion fee for store items is going to $0.20 (is that per month??), up from $0.03 or $0.05 depending on the cost of the item.

If you have a $50/month store you pretty much are fine, no change. I will be removing my slow-selling Basic store items at $0.20 per month.

I've read the announcement, but what I don't understand is why EBay is continuing to offer a Basic store, since it no longer exists. Maybe to keep the suckers who can't read paying $15.95/month?

The insertion fees are higher (assuming you aren't listing very low cost fixed-price items) if you don't have a store. So it could work out to your advantage even at $0.20/month per listing.

But there are no more Stores on EBay - you will be paying 20-cents a listing minimum for a Fixed Price listing. There are no more store listings.

"Starting March 30, eBay will offer one Fixed Price format with full search exposure. Existing Store Inventory Format listings will automatically become regular Fixed Price listings."

Having one Fixed Price format will optimize exposure for all your listings and simplify search results for buyers. It will also provide buyers with a wider selection of the most relevant inventory from trusted sellers.

No, what they are discontinuing is the store-specific BIN format (not the stores themselves).

There will still be three different types of stores (basic, premium, and anchor), that each have differing insertion fees ($0.03, $0.05 and $0.20, respectively).

The current problem with the store-specific BIN auctions is that they are only visible in your store - and if the user chooses to browse store auctions when they're searching; they're not shown by default in product searches.

Regular BIN auctions, however, have full visibility in the searches, which is why I've been running a combination of regular BIN's and Store BIN's in my ebay store (the regular BIN's attract people to look at your store listings).

Seeing that the Store BIN format is going away, all my Store BIN listings will turn into regular BIN's and will suddenly be visible in the regular search results - which, again, is a good thing.

Seeing that the Store BIN format is going away, all my Store BIN listings will turn into regular BIN's and will suddenly be visible in the regular search results - which, again, is a good thing.

Sure, and if you're a Basic Store subscriber, you now pay 20-cents per listing, versus 3-cents per under the old format. doh!

And if you actually believe you'll have *more* visibility, you're insane, as all those monster Chinese/HK EBay stores (all armed with hundreds of thousands of "3-cent Fixed Price" listings) will clog up the searches like mad, so no one will be able to find anything. lol

Also, does this:

Existing Store Inventory Format listings will automatically become regular Fixed Price listings with their original duration at the new fees

mean that store owners will pay twice as of March 30?

Sure, and if you're a Basic Store subscriber, you now pay 20-cents per listing, versus 3-cents per under the old format. doh!

And if you actually believe you'll have *more* visibility, you're insane, as all those monster Chinese/HK EBay stores (all armed with hundreds of thousands of "3-cent Fixed Price" listings) will clog up the searches like mad, so no one will be able to find anything. lol

Sure, but if you're a Basic Store subscriber, regular BIN listings are currently $0.35 - and they'll be $0.20 as well going forward (thumbs u

And seeing that I have zero visibility for store BIN's right now, claiming that I won't have "more" visibility is ridiculous.

And seeing that I have zero visibility for store BIN's right now, claiming that I won't have "more" visibility is ridiculous.

Actually, you'll still have zero visibility, due to the mass influx of HUGE Chinese/HK stores that will flood EBay with millions and millions of 3-cent Fixed Price listings (which are currently invisible), only now you'll pay more for it. lol

That's why EBay did this, to allow their monster stores to get cheap listings with more visibility. But it will absolutely kill the Basic and Premium stores.

Actually, you'll still have zero visibility, due to the mass influx of HUGE Chinese/HK stores that will flood EBay with millions and millions of 3-cent Fixed Price listings (which are currently invisible), only now you'll pay more for it. lol

That's why EBay did this, to allow their monster stores to get cheap listings with more visibility. But it will absolutely kill the Basic and Premium stores.

Which "HUGE Chinese/HK stores" flourish in the comic book category, pray tell?

going to be funny when chuck gets his new bill.