• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay's 2010 price changes - for anyone who still sells things...

62 posts in this topic

Which "HUGE Chinese/HK stores" flourish in the comic book category, pray tell?

Lots of them inadvertently (or not) list there. :insane:

I've seen tons of posters, cups, T-shirts, stickers, and lots of other cartoon/comic-related paraphernalia listed in comics, and that's *not* even counting their mass store inventory.

Dont store owners get 30 day listings on items and regular folks get 7?

Nope, there are no more Store Inventory Listings, it's just standard Auction and Fixed Price, which have the same base features for everyone.

The main problem with having a store right now is the lack of visibility - most of the time your listings aren't being shown when users search for specific items (the users have to click to see store listings) - but going forward store listings will be a part of the regular search results. As an ebay store owner I'm pretty happy about that change.

But there are no more Stores on EBay - you will be paying 20-cents a listing minimum for a Fixed Price listing. There are no more store listings.

"Starting March 30, eBay will offer one Fixed Price format with full search exposure. Existing Store Inventory Format listings will automatically become regular Fixed Price listings."

Why is eBay discontinuing the Store Inventory Format?

Having one Fixed Price format will optimize exposure for all your listings and simplify search results for buyers. It will also provide buyers with a wider selection of the most relevant inventory from trusted sellers.

going to be funny when chuck gets his new bill.

lol

Dont store owners get 30 day listings on items and regular folks get 7?

Nope, there are no more Store Inventory Listings, it's just standard Auction and Fixed Price, which have the same base features for everyone.

No, store fixed price listings are still 30 day listings. The insertion fee for the basic store package does go up to 20c.

The '5 free listings per month' feature is gone.

Also, store subscribers do not get the 100 free listings/mo at starting price under $1 benefit. They pay 10c insertion fees on their auctions starting under $1.

I think you're all right, and everybody should just stay off of eBay now to sell comics. I'll stay there and just hold down the fort, like I always do. How I suffer.

I'm staying there & holding down the fort too :baiting:

I have been selling approx 40-50 items a week on ebay for years... the last 4 months were really "bad" in terms of realized prices (for same items)... but this past week I had an extraordinary week (about 50% more than any week in the past 4 months)... hopefully it is a good sign (shrug)

No, store fixed price listings are still 30 day listings.

Sure, but anyone can list a 30-day Fixed Price listing. Get it? There are no more Store-specific listings on EBay. None, nada, zippo.

Also starting March 30, there will be one Fixed Price format on eBay. Listings in the current Stores Inventory Format will automatically become regular Fixed Price listings

I was online chatting with an EBay rep and he stated quite openly that there really are no Stores anymore (store inventory has been eliminated), and it's really just a membership to get slightly reduced listing prices on standard Fixed Price auction listings.

Very refreshing, as EBay reps are usually full of BS.

Did he say that? Is a 30 day Fixed listing an option for a non-store subscriber? I'll take a closer look at the eBay memo - maybe I missed that.

If that's the case, the fixed listing difference will be 20c vs 50c, so 50 listings will be needed to justify the basic store membership.

Did he say that? Is a 30 day Fixed listing an option for a non-store subscriber?

Of course, and did you read that italicized segment? It's straight from the EBay page - there will be ONE basic Auction format and ONE basic Fixed Price format. Stores no longer exist outside of a membership subscription to get discounts on listings.

I think you're all right, and everybody should just stay off of eBay now to sell comics. I'll stay there and just hold down the fort, like I always do. How I suffer.

You must have a premium store Donut, right?

So, if I want to start an auction at 99 cents, what is my insertion fee? FVF is 9%, right?

If it is one of your first 100, the listing is free to launch with a 9% FVF

And the FVF is where eBay is going to pull in the revenue.

Three minor examples:

An ending price of $276.23 currently has an FVF of $10.98; that goes to $24.86.

An auction ending at $79.91 is now $4.11 and goes to $7.19.

But an auction at $846.35 is now $30.94 and will max out at $50.00.

Quite a difference!

Larry

(who hopes his Excel calculations are correct before he's flamed)

It certainly sounds like they are trying to encourage AUCTIONS again...100 free for 99 cents and under starting prices. Lately it seems that most items,even comics were at fixed prices.

*sigh* and here I was...just deciding not to do 99 cent starts again, lol...

Very confusing :shrug:

Yep, the FVF's for auction-style listings went up - more so for those people who don't have a store.

Currently:

- auction (one of your 5 listings with no insertion fees) ends at $79.91, FVF's are $6.99

- auction (6th listing & up with regular insertion fees) ends at $79.91, FVF's are $4.11

- auction (one of your 5 listings with no insertion fees) ends at $276.23, FVF's are $20 (capped)

- auction (6th listing & up with regular insertion fees) ends at $276.23, FVF's are $10.98

- auction (one of your 5 listings with no insertion fees) ends at $846.35, FVF's are $20 (capped)

- auction (6th listing & up with regular insertion fees) ends at $846.35, FVF's are $30.94

Future - if you have a store:

- auction (all listings) ends at $79.91, FVF's are $5.56

- auction (all listings) ends at $276.23, FVF's are $13.42

- auction (all listings) ends at $846.35, FVF's are $36.22

Future - if you don't have a store:

- auction (all listings) ends at $79.91, FVF's are $7.19

- auction (all listings) ends at $276.23, FVF's are $24.86

- auction (all listings) ends at $846.35, FVF's are $50 (capped)

oh criminey, so now to get 3 cent listings I need to pay $300 a month for a frigging store rather than the $16 I used to pay? how can that be a good thing? basically, i might as well just run auctions on all 100 items, it works out the same way...I'd need to list about 10,000 items at all times for this to even begin to make sense financially unless I only have $20+ stuff in there

it is so irritating, there are actually people out there looking for a $3-$5 specific issue

first they structured things to encourage small sellers to open up stores and have 100 or 200 items in there, run some auctins whatever. The $16/mo + 3 cent listing worked out well.

and then they pull the rug out.

putting up all those frigging listings took a lot of time and effort.

why does ebay try to F-over the little seller like this? how does it raise profits to drive us off?

It certainly sounds like they are trying to encourage AUCTIONS again...100 free for 99 cents and under starting prices.

It might sound that way, but basically that is the hook to get you paying the higher Final Value Fees. Really they are driving more traffic to fixed price listings and getting people to pay to upgrade to a store subscription.