• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any board members live in Dallas?

8 posts in this topic

Here's the problem.

I'm driving down to Dallas to pick up my wins from Heritage.

They say because I'm picking them up I have to pay tax on them at 8%

But then when I cross the border back into Canada I will have to pay tax again on them.

The only way around it is if I have an "Agent" pick them up for me.

Can any Dallas (or nearby) residents help me out here. I'm leaving tomorrow and will be in Dallas Thursday night or Friday morning so hoping to pick them up on Friday.

I'll of course pay for anyone's gas and buy them lunch or whatever for helping me.

Thanks

I'd love to help you out, but unfortunately, I'm going to be out of town both Thursday and Friday. There are a number of members though who live in the DFW area that can probably help you out.

Are you looking for someone to go pick them up with you, or do you want someone to pick them up and then meet you to drop them off with you?

It saves the tax because you become the shipping agent. I've actually had someone before pick up books at Heritage (just for convenience because they were going there anyway) and then they shipped to me. No tax involved. Unfortunately they are not available this time.

Heritage just needs an Agent Shipping Release Form signed.

I'm hoping I can just go there with the person. They just need to go in and pick the books up. We load them in the shippers vehicle (my car). and that's it.

If someone could PM a phone number so I could set things up with them during the day tomorrow that would be awesome.

I'm hoping to leave for there starting around 1PM or so tomorrow.