• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman and Robin

39 posts in this topic

When Bruce returns they will obviously have to change something. What I enjoy the most is the relationship with the new Batman and Robin. I like how is battling against the thought of being Batman and fighting his doubts and regrets. I also like how he is trying to be the best Batman possible while Robin is running around pushing the envelope in every situation and working more by himself then as a team player.

I think DC could make an interesting story out of Bruce as Batman and Damien as Robin. It would be interesting to see how Bruce reacts to Damien's take no prisoners and jump in head first attitude. How much more protective will Batman be over Robin if it was he real son.

Personally I'd prefer to see Bruce go solo and resume his Nightwing role with Damian staying with . They do seem to bounce of each other quite well, and it seems to making the man out of Grayson.

Bruce distanced himself from everybody after Knightfall and became darker still, and I'm hoping that whoever is plotting the Batman mythos forward is going to take that into account. It would be out of character if he came back and teamed up with Damian straight away.

Plus what's going to happen to Tim? Stay as Red Robin? Return as Robin? Something else?

I only started reading any Bat-titles because Grayson took over as Batman and because Batwoman took over Detective. I knew replacing Bruce with Grayson, would open up a whole slew of possible storylines. DC has barely begun to scratch the surface of what they could do with this "situation" and they are going to rush back in and screw it all up.

Bruce is gone, and the world didn't end...in fact, quite a few people seem to like the change. I say play it out and see what happens. Comics need to be more bold in regards to the mortality of the characters involved...if you kill someone, have the balls to keep them dead...or don't kill them off in the first place.

As readers we are so cynical about this subject, it isn't even worth it for the publishers to even try and make a story about the death of a major player, because we all know they will be back...we all just roll our eyes and wait for their return.

That's why they didn't really 'kill' him in the first place. It has me wondering whether Morrison's original plans to actually kill Bruce Wayne were vetoed by Didio as he couldn't face losing DCs key player. That could possibly explain the terrible schedule for RIP and Final Crisis.

Or maybe Morrison's just wank at meeting deadlines.

That's why they didn't really 'kill' him in the first place. It has me wondering whether Morrison's original plans to actually kill Bruce Wayne were vetoed by Didio as he couldn't face losing DCs key player. That could possibly explain the terrible schedule for RIP and Final Crisis.

Or maybe Morrison's just wank at meeting deadlines.

Most likely a bit of both :insane:

Yea i always thought it was gonna be ongoing. I remember quietly saying its going to be ongoing.

So when Bruce gets back it will be a third ongoing Batman title?

No if anything there will be a new Nightwing book :wishluck:

You're going to have to clear this up for me. Is Batman & Robin going to be an ongoing title or not? You have me really confused with tose last two posts.

I said I thought it was ongoing. So im standing on the assumption of it being ongoing because that is what I have always heard until you said its going to be a 12 issue mini. But I have never heard that.

You asked when bruce comes back will there be a 3rd ongoing. I answered that there probably wont be a 3rd ongoing and that would most likely resume his nightwing persona and bruce will takeover the batman and robin title thus taking over the sister titles like batman, streets of gotham, etc. And instead of the 3rd ongoing, a nightwing book will return.

Yea i always thought it was gonna be ongoing. I remember quietly saying its going to be ongoing.

So when Bruce gets back it will be a third ongoing Batman title?

No if anything there will be a new Nightwing book :wishluck:

You're going to have to clear this up for me. Is Batman & Robin going to be an ongoing title or not? You have me really confused with tose last two posts.

I said I thought it was ongoing. So im standing on the assumption of it being ongoing because that is what I have always heard until you said its going to be a 12 issue mini. But I have never heard that.

You asked when bruce comes back will there be a 3rd ongoing. I answered that there probably wont be a 3rd ongoing and that would most likely resume his nightwing persona and bruce will takeover the batman and robin title thus taking over the sister titles like batman, streets of gotham, etc. And instead of the 3rd ongoing, a nightwing book will return.

My post wasn't a dig at you, I was just genuinely confused as to whether you thought B&R was going to be the third ongoing Batbook (alongside Tec and Batman). From what I read (and I can't find it again where I read it), that B&R had been extended to 12 issues from 9, I just presumed it was an interim title that would end on the return of Bruce Wayne.

I wouldn't class Streets of Gotham as a Batman title as such as it doesn't centre around Batman, but rather the supporting cast in Gotham. As for Grayson/Nightwing I have no idea. It would indeed be strange to resurrect a title that was cancelled just a year ago, and wasn't it cancelled due to low sales? And Robin come to that?

I predict Bruce will return but allow to continue as Batman. An event will then occur at some point in the future (near of far) that will lead to either giving up his role as Batman or even possibly dieing only to have bruce take back the role because the world could not live without Batman (shrug)

I'm problay not right (what do I know) but this seems better than simply batman returning as batman

The trouble is we've been here before with Prodigal, when Grayson took up the mantle - albeit briefly - after JPV had been 'relieved' of his duties.

I think DC is trying to sweep prodigal under the rug like it never happened... Even though its one of my favorite stories :(

The main problem Prodigal had was it came on the back of the mess that was Knightsend. Knightfall and the first half of Knightquest were handled really well with tight, compact storytelling, but as End wore on and started sprawling into God knows how many titles with bad art and sloppy writing I think it turned a lot of people off.

So after the good there was the drek, and with Grayson standing in for Batman it just seemed like another gimmick at the time, even though it wasn't.

I predict Bruce will return but allow to continue as Batman. An event will then occur at some point in the future (near of far) that will lead to either giving up his role as Batman or even possibly dieing only to have bruce take back the role because the world could not live without Batman (shrug)

I'm problay not right (what do I know) but this seems better than simply batman returning as batman

I like your ideas! DG dying would be quite an event...

hm

-slym