• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,536 posts in this topic

Hola Amigos!!!! the ONLY Mexican to exist on the CGC Census signed by Stan Lee

2449 Americans

28 UKs

But only 1 Mexican

Este es un libro chingon!!!!

Of course the American is the most valuable but I love rare and scarce keys

http://www.cgccomics.com/census/grades_standard.asp?title=Los+Hombres+X&publisher=Marvel+Comics&issue=1&year=1966&issuedate=1%2F66

2013-05-08_20-52-26_42_zps7bf4b840.jpg

2013-05-08_20-52-35_261_zps3d3ccd03.jpg

That Mexican copy is pretty cool. I've never seen that before!

Glad you like it! Im not a huge xmen fan but i really love it. Me and my foreign collector friends have some stuff that will blow your mind......

Interesting story (at least, to me) about my X-Men #1. When I had my comic shop back in the 90's, I owned this book, and had it displayed at my store. When I closed up my shop in 1996, I sold all of my stock to a guy who lived across the state, including this X-Men #1 - and despite needing the money at the time, I always regretted it.

Fast forward to 2012 - I haven't seen the guy I sold my books to for 16 years, and one day I randomly run into him at my LCS. I ask him about what ever happened to my X-Men #1 and he says "I think I still have it in one of my closets." So, I tell him that if he has it and was interested in selling, I'd buy it. I don't think I slept well for a few days until I heard from him. He found it (along with some other sentimental books from my shop) and said he would sell it back to me for what he bought it for: $400.

So, a few weeks later he came back to town and I got my X-Men #1 back - taped and re-stapled spine just like I remember - 16 years after I sold it.

XMEN001_FRONT.jpg

Interesting story (at least, to me) about my X-Men #1. When I had my comic shop back in the 90's, I owned this book, and had it displayed at my store. When I closed up my shop in 1996, I sold all of my stock to a guy who lived across the state, including this X-Men #1 - and despite needing the money at the time, I always regretted it.

Fast forward to 2012 - I haven't seen the guy I sold my books to for 16 years, and one day I randomly run into him at my LCS. I ask him about what ever happened to my X-Men #1 and he says "I think I still have it in one of my closets." So, I tell him that if he has it and was interested in selling, I'd buy it. I don't think I slept well for a few days until I heard from him. He found it (along with some other sentimental books from my shop) and said he would sell it back to me for what he bought it for: $400.

So, a few weeks later he came back to town and I got my X-Men #1 back - taped and re-stapled spine just like I remember - 16 years after I sold it.

XMEN001_FRONT.jpg

Nice story! I'm sure things like this don't happen very often! Wish I could get some of my old toys and stuff back that I sold when I was younger.

XMEN001_FRONT.jpg

cool reunion :) the connection between books can be very strong. X-Men 1 was my first key I bought back in 1993 and has always been a top five SA key for me.

Just got my VIP Card , Thanks JD! :acclaim:

How this is a 6.0 baffles me.

xmen160fc.jpg

I had to check it out!!!! WOWzers!!!!! That is sweeeeeeet!!!! Double congrats dude!!!! (thumbs u

Thanks pal, It looks even better in person :cloud9: ..

I don't think I've ever posted this here before...

xmen1aa.jpg

Amazing book!

The inner cover ad really shows through on this one. I've seen this on other silver age comics. Why does this happen? Is it because the cover paper was slightly thinner on this one?