• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A wise buy

30 posts in this topic

I'm still betting on the TOS 58 or 59 for you as far as investment purposes goes. Sure, you could pick up many other books in far inferior grades, but they may not appreciate as much. Like I said before, If I only had 700-900 to spend, that's where I'd put my money. With the Iron Man 2 movie, Cap, and Avengers movies on the horizon they have lots of room to grow. Also, look into a nice FF 25 if you can, second Cap SA appearance. Good luck!

I'm still betting on the TOS 58 or 59 for you as far as investment purposes goes. Sure, you could pick up many other books in far inferior grades, but they may not appreciate as much. Like I said before, If I only had 700-900 to spend, that's where I'd put my money. With the Iron Man 2 movie, Cap, and Avengers movies on the horizon they have lots of room to grow. Also, look into a nice FF 25 if you can, second Cap SA appearance. Good luck!

Why not TOS 52 or 57? the first appearances of Black Widow and Hawkeye.

Buy Our army at war 81 mid grade- will run double guide but worth it- only 28 copies in cgc 4.0 or higher. I have one.

Better still, be patient and wait for a nice Our Army at War #83 to appear... it's widely considered to be the first 'true' Sgt. Rock appearance, and it will overtake #81 in Overstreet pricing very soon. Already, it fetches more $$$ than #81 among collectors in the know, and it's a much tougher book to find in grade than 81. If you can find one in 6.0 or above, that's a real nice book to sit on until they make the Sgt. Rock movie, probably in 2012 which, hopefully, will NEVER happen.

Shep

Fixed that for you, Shep! hm

There was an article about this in the Feb. 3 L.A. Times and it looks like the Sgt. Rock movie might really happen. But, instead of setting it in WWII, it would take place in the not-too-distant future. So......will Rock be sort of like Mad Max?

AAAAARGHHHHHH! Why do they have to fix things that aren't broken?

At least the article said that Rock's first appearance was OOAW #83, not #81.

Excellent advice....might be able to swing an 8.5, which would be beautiful. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Sure, I'd take the 52, since Black Widow will be in the new movie, but 57? I've never been a big fan of the character, and don't see too many others who are either. I would guess that both books will see some short run hype, but nothing more. Now, Cap starting the run in TOS and his first solo since his early days should prove more lucrative.

Correction Our Army at War 83 is the copy I own- earlier i thought it was Our Army at War 81. Our Army at War 83 I believe it is a great investment. Guides low now and is very tough to find. I turned down double guide offer on this book but if you can find it near guide then you got instant money. Anyone who thinks of war comics then SGT ROCK comes to mind and movie will come soon. There is alot of upside read Overstreet 39 article.

Buy Our army at war 81 mid grade- will run double guide but worth it- only 28 copies in cgc 4.0 or higher. I have one.

Better still, be patient and wait for a nice Our Army at War #83 to appear... it's widely considered to be the first 'true' Sgt. Rock appearance, and it will overtake #81 in Overstreet pricing very soon. Already, it fetches more $$$ than #81 among collectors in the know, and it's a much tougher book to find in grade than 81. If you can find one in 6.0 or above, that's a real nice book to sit on until they make the Sgt. Rock movie, probably in 2012 which, hopefully, will NEVER happen.

Shep

Fixed that for you, Shep! hm

There was an article about this in the Feb. 3 L.A. Times and it looks like the Sgt. Rock movie might really happen. But, instead of setting it in WWII, it would take place in the not-too-distant future. So......will Rock be sort of like Mad Max?

AAAAARGHHHHHH! Why do they have to fix things that aren't broken?

At least the article said that Rock's first appearance was OOAW #83, not #81.

Link Please