• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A very pleasant CGC Price Variant surprise

34 posts in this topic

I sent off some Marvel price variants to get graded, and got the grades over the phone from Steve last week. A few couple were tied for top census, and a couple were solo top census. And a few were just soon-to-be-added-to-the census...

I made deals with a couple forumites on them, contingent on the books coming back as expected. You never really know when a 9.9 will suddenly wind up as a 9.8 in the final grading, or a book that made prescreen in the first round gets axed later on. (hopefully not literally... I'd hate to see Gemma wielding an axe).

But this time I got a pleasant surprise instead. A book that was described to me as a nice 9.4 price variant came back as much, much more... 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

MF4dc.jpg

I apologize for the grainy scan. I lost all my computer's preferences files last week and am still reconstructing everything. But hopefully you can make out the part where it says "outer cover 9.2, interior cover 9.4"... To be honest I had never opened the book in the three years I have had it. It went straight into my "not for sale" pile years ago as part of a high grade collection, and I didn't even open it before shipping it to CGC.

I haven't decided if it's for sale or not. But I thought I would share. smile.gif Double cover 9.4 30 Cent Price Variants don't come along every day.

I guess to each his own, I try to rip off double covers before sending them in to CGC!!!!! foreheadslap.gif

The funny thing is... if it was a double cover 35c variant western, I think you'd be better off...

I bet you get more money from having one nice copy and one with a detached cover that you would for the double cover... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sell it! Sell it! I'll have default content for my blog every day for a week!

Great book.

I may very well sell it... If I get feedback suggesting three or four people are genuinely interested in it, I must just throw it up on eBay...

Never read your blog before... confused-smiley-013.gif But I see you're a fan of my Hulk 1... 893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gifsumo.gif

Sell it! Sell it! I'll have default content for my blog every day for a week!

Great book.

Ok. I heard the term blog before, but not sure what it is. Are you talking about your website? I need some edjamakation on the subject.

from Blogger:

"weblog/blog: A blog is a web page made up of usually short, frequently updated posts that are arranged chronologically—like a what's new page or a journal. The content and purposes of blogs varies greatly—from links and commentary about other web sites, to news about a company/person/idea, to diaries, photos, poetry, mini-essays, project updates, even fiction. "

And thanks again to everyone who said nice things about what I'm doing. And double thanks for checking it out in the first place. It's a lot of fun for me and hearing that people actually enjoy makes it even more so.

"weblog/blog: A blog is a web page made up of usually short, frequently updated posts that are arranged chronologically—like a what's new page or a journal. The content and purposes of blogs varies greatly—from links and commentary about other web sites, to news about a company/person/idea, to diaries, photos, poetry, mini-essays, project updates, even fiction. "

well, that's one definiton but don't tell any of the A-list bloggers that (an A list blogger is like a BSD). in the blogging community, everyone argues about what the true definition of a blog is.

but back on topic, that variant is amazing. if i had money, i'd buy it.

well, that's one definiton but don't tell any of the A-list bloggers that (an A list blogger is like a BSD). in the blogging community, everyone argues about what the true definition of a blog is.

I didn't write it confused-smiley-013.gif