• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super Villain Inflation Syndrome...

14 posts in this topic

Yeah...only VWs since 1991...like crack, those things!

Actually, I don't even go into the model specific forums anymore...all the OG guys stay in the Lounge, Food and Beverage and Movies and Television forums :grin:

David, I'm was a die hard VW fanatic for a long time.

In my teen years I owned about 5 mark-1 VW Sciroccos, 1 mark-2 VW Scirocco and two GTIs.

My last Scirocco was turbocharged with a 2.0 litre reworked motor and head, Callaway turbo kit, adjustable boost, intercooler, sport clutch, lowered with a Sachs lowering kit, stress bars, upgraded brakes. It made about 240+ horsepower and gave pretty much any super car a run for it's money up to about 150 mph. That was pretty impressive back in 1988....especially for a sleeper that looked almost stock from the outside.

:devil:

David, I'm was a die hard VW fanatic for a long time.

In my teen years I owned about 5 mark-1 VW Sciroccos, 1 mark-2 VW Scirocco and two GTIs.

My last Scirocco was turbocharged with a 2.0 litre reworked motor and head, Callaway turbo kit, adjustable boost, intercooler, sport clutch, lowered with a Sachs lowering kit, stress bars, upgraded brakes. It made about 240+ horsepower and gave pretty much any super car a run for it's money up to about 150 mph. That was pretty impressive back in 1988....especially for a sleeper that looked almost stock from the outside.

:devil:

I remember you mentioning that a while ago, actually. VERY cool.

I've always had Sciroccos around...here is mine I picked up in Nov. 2008. It's got most of the mods your's had (except motor-wise it a simple 2.0 16v...N/A of course) It's the competition for my comic book money ;):

IMG_0263-1.jpg