• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What the heck is this sketch supposed to be???

105 posts in this topic

First of all some of you can kiss my

Second James Jean sketched a Blossom Baby on this comic it looks like that’s why im selling it,it was not my first sketch of the night from him that was my second one.

In all fairness, without knowing his work outside of comics, and without knowing the progression of the Blossom Babies, how would anyone discern that? I only knew of his comics work and I learned that he did a lot more than I had recognized or known by compiling the list in my last post.

No disrespect meant to you or the artist, but the work in question is so abstract (again, without knowing about the Babies) that it's totally open to interpretation. To some, that is great art. To others it's a waste of time. Personally, I fall on both sides of the argument on a case by case basis. Sometimes, interpretation is fun and interesting. Other times, I'm just lost.

In all honesty, I kind of want the item because it's likely as close as I'll get to ever owning anything from him. I've got a signed book or two, but a sketch would be awesome!

+1

if i didnt already have one, i would seriously be all over it. thats the closest sketch that you will ever get from james jean. i hear, he is retired from the comic industry, and only does gallery art. unless you can find a witness (good luck with that) going to a museum to get a sketch from him, IT ISNT HAPPENING. i also heard that when james did go to (bigger) cons, he had a 2 signature limit, and you would have to wait in line for up to 2 hours....

if i didnt already have one, i would seriously be all over it. thats the closest sketch that you will ever get from james jean. i hear, he is retired from the comic industry, and only does gallery art. unless you can find a witness (good luck with that) going to a museum to get a sketch from him, IT ISNT HAPPENING. i also heard that when james did go to (bigger) cons, he had a 2 signature limit, and you would have to wait in line for up to 2 hours....

I never knew any of that about him. I knew he was a tough signature to get, but that was about it.

First of all some of you can kiss my

Second James Jean sketched a Blossom Baby on this comic it looks like that’s why im selling it,it was not my first sketch of the night from him that was my second one.

If you were offended by my cloud game comment, it was meant in jest. You have to admit, not knowing what it was, it could just as easily have been an amoeba splitting as much as a flower baby. Concerning my most recent statement, if you're not a flipper, I completely rescind & apologize for the flipper assumption & statement.

You should be out celebrating with your chick or something...Wednesdays are the new Fridays...didn't you hear!!???

Hector, went out last night. Had a blast, but the wife is stuck in North Carolina because of that blizzard. She will be home tomorrow :)

Then who was that red head you went out with last night?? :whistle:

lol

Chandler Rice

Desert Wind Comics

And for those of you who have never seen Jesse in action, (in my best Kris Moore voice) he is amaaazing. When I first met Jesse at the last WWLA show in 08, I was not impressed at all. But in the last year since I have had the chance to work with Jesse, I must say I am completely impressed. Both Sharon and I would be proud to have Jesse to be a part of team DWC anytime. (Hanging a name plate over Jesse's locker in the team DWC locker room right next to Kris Moore's locker.) :preach:

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

He mustve been pissed off that day. Or just lazy

Keep in mind that you're asking a painter to do a sketch with a sharpie.. What'd you expect, a Monet?? It's like asking someone to dig a grave with a spoon... in the winter... at night

lol, Im an artist, so Id expect a fellow artist to be able to at least draw something. Hell, its a lot easier to draw than it is to paint. Of course this guy has proved me wrong.

Hell, its a lot easier to draw than it is to paint. Of course this guy has proved me wrong.

I only called you out on it because you seemed to say that with some sort of authority.

and your painting is awesome

but anyway if Michael Turner or Jim Lee had scribbled for someone they would be floored, James Jean is like that for a lot of people, he doesn't do cons, only book signings which is where Jesse got him, so its pretty rare stuff. If Frank Miller drew a little wolvie that looked like on a book for you im sure you'd still tripping that you got a Miller remark. I just find some of these comments rude is all, especially since someone owns it and therefore likes it or at least appreciates the person behind it.

First off thanks, you get a :foryou: too. I totally understand your reaction!

Youre right though, If I could get Frank Miller to do a sketch on a napkin Id love it. But it really wouldnt matter to me what other people said & Im sure the owner does really love it.

Man I know the forum is PC and everything but the whole thread is about what that thing is? But if I offended the owner Im sorry. Like I said I think he does some really impressive work.

But that sketch is mess

Or as my college art professor would say, "its extremely primitive"

He mustve been pissed off that day. Or just lazy

Keep in mind that you're asking a painter to do a sketch with a sharpie.. What'd you expect, a Monet?? It's like asking someone to dig a grave with a spoon... in the winter... at night

lol, Im an artist, so Id expect a fellow artist to be able to at least draw something. Hell, its a lot easier to draw than it is to paint. Of course this guy has proved me wrong.

:makepoint:

Maybe James Jean only wanted to do a quick 10 second sketch, I've seen plenty of his work and believe me when I say he can definitely draw.