• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lamont Cranston : FRAMED !!!

7 posts in this topic

In San Diego this last year, I picked up a pulp cover recreation by artist Thomas Gianni from the July 15, 1940 issue of The Shadow Magazine....and have finally got it framed. Its just beautiful :cloud9:

Mr. Gianni is a very pleasant and friendly fellow and signed it .... "Thomas Gianni after Graves Gladney", who was the original cover artist. This fills an empty wall space in my "still in progress" man cave / comic room....and I wanted to share it here.

With a book and Toon Tumbler for size reference.....

IMG_5378.jpg

IMG_5377.jpg

IMG_5376.jpg

Thanks guys. Framing something is always a big deal. I have no trouble picking up art I like.....thinking I'll frame it .....someday, but never seem to get around to it. This piece was different, or maybe its my attitude and age. I've just decided to not let them set around any longer.

Scrooge, I hope you'll get a chance to talk to him next time your both at a convention. He had some really nice work there, even a couple of his originals. I think there was a cover or two from The Spider pulp also.

This is one I got for a friend at the same time, but of course will let him frame it himself.

IMG_5380.jpg